Barrow away

Unicorn 106

10 minutes ago, Butch said:

You think you lot could get more in as you could all stand on that not used very much speedway track that keeps you well away from the pitch. 

We’ve got a bigger max capacity than Barrow, so you’re right we should be able to get more in!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Butch said:

You think you lot could get more in as you could all stand on that not used very much speedway track that keeps you well away from the pitch. 

Keep up lad, DP pitch has been widened across old speedway track, shame you havnt visited very often, but then again not many travel like Town fans eh,

10 minutes ago, Butch said:

No need to stand on the old speedway track, we had 10k in there not so long ago. 🙄

5 minutes ago, IanMac said:

We’ve got a bigger max capacity than Barrow, so you’re right we should be able to get more in!

Was looking at an old program from the sixties the other day and the official capacity was 32k.Hard to believe I know, but the speedway took away nearly half the terracing on the popular side and Town end. You used to be on eye level with the pitch on the bottom terrace. The grass bank at the Derwent end was huge back then and it was okay to stand there in the days before health & safety. I remember Wigan fans filling the full bank in a cup game once. 

30 minutes ago, Butch said:

Quality contribution there 

3 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

We need to let them in for nowt, might get a few more in. 🤔

In before 1 all spending money. I’m a season ticket holder and think it’s great to see plenty in. Also great to see lots of young folks in as they are the future of any club. 

22 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Was looking at an old program from the sixties the other day and the official capacity was 32k.Hard to believe I know, but the speedway took away nearly half the terracing on the popular side and Town end. You used to be on eye level with the pitch on the bottom terrace. The grass bank at the Derwent end was huge back then and it was okay to stand there in the days before health & safety. I remember Wigan fans filling the full bank in a cup game once. 

All my early years watching the town was spent sitting on the wall around the pitch, brilliant view.  

52 minutes ago, Butch said:

In before 1 all spending money. I’m a season ticket holder and think it’s great to see plenty in. Also great to see lots of young folks in as they are the future of any club. 

We Ali agree with you, it was brilliant to see so many in the old place yesterday. We are just wondering why its one rule for one and one rule for another. Brilliant incentive from your club if it'gets people down to watch, I was impressed with the amount of youngsters there. 

1 hour ago, Butch said:

Get over your self’s you should be glad a Cumbria club is getting the crowds in. Other clubs should look at what barrow are doing and copy. Been going to craven park for 30 odd years and never seen as many younger generation in the ground witch I think is good for our great game. 

"Get over yourselfs" oh the irony 

Would love to think I could be standing in the sunshine on the popular side on Sunday with a pint in hand. Can't see it happening though, and the club will be losing bar revenue while other clubs in the county aren't. Maybe someone from the club should ask CCC why this is the case

1 hour ago, Onreport said:

Me to, great days, team wasnt bad either

Ah the good old days, we used to play rugby on the bank during the match. Remember standing there in a large crowd during a big game against Swinton ( think it was a cup game) - a Swinton player called Gowers broke Town hearts with his impeccable kicking in a tight game. Also remember rosette sellers outside the ground during cup games and going for a pasty & oxo at half time in popular side, where the bar is now.

1 hour ago, town4me said:

"Get over yourselfs" oh the irony 

Real brain of Britain this one isn't he, no one was having a go at Barrow either.

Is there any way we can see the reasoning behind the allowed capacities at the 2 grounds, it just makes no sense, and the allowances for drink and food etc makes even less sense.

2 hours ago, Butch said:

Get over your self’s you should be glad a Cumbria club is getting the crowds in. Other clubs should look at what barrow are doing and copy. Been going to craven park for 30 odd years and never seen as many younger generation in the ground witch I think is good for our great game. 

How many young Town fans I wonder 🤔 hahaha 

2 hours ago, Derwent Park SC said:

I sent the names and numbers of about 50 people who all entered before one as I was going in. I know others had also done the same. I can’t speak for everyone but I most definitely spent freely 😂

I got there before 13:00,  reported to the lass on the gate with the list of names..... she found my name and also that of my invisible clone who had travelled with me.... Instead of crossing off the duplicate name she counted me in as 2... the attendance wasn't 3146 as stated..... it was at least 1 less

Only had 3 pints..... Barrow charged £1.00 more than Town for a can of Strongbow Dark Fruit.

Towards the end, when Town were leading 24-22 an elderly Barrow fan walked past me muttering rather arrogantly that Barrow were still going to win....... shame I didn't see his face when the hooter went...

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

24 minutes ago, town blue said:

Ah the good old days, we used to play rugby on the bank during the match. Remember standing there in a large crowd during a big game against Swinton ( think it was a cup game) - a Swinton player called Gowers broke Town hearts with his impeccable kicking in a tight game. Also remember rosette sellers outside the ground during cup games and going for a pasty & oxo at half time in popular side, where the bar is now.

I used to get sat on top of the dugout with my wooden rattle clacker , the away team never liked it mind .

Am sure a lot of the 3k would have been from Town, something that seems to have been deliberately ignored by SOME. All credit to Barrow for their off field efforts,  Just hope as many from Barrow travel in the opposite direction. 

10 hours ago, dkw said:

Real brain of Britain this one isn't he, no one was having a go at Barrow either.

Is there any way we can see the reasoning behind the allowed capacities at the 2 grounds, it just makes no sense, and the allowances for drink and food etc makes even less sense.

Exactly the point we have all been making, a point lost on our Friend i am afraid

Just watched the replay and that Crarey crony Crashley indicated that Forber had put his shoulder into their B grade halfback. The way I saw it, and I paused the video, Forber had his hands up and the cheating clown fell over his own feet. That wasn't the only time Barrow used underhand tricks either. if that's how their overrated coach wants them to play then I'll stick with CT's . Roll on DP. no Crashley please!!

22 hours ago, Butch said:

You mean the speedway track that doesn't exist anymore? 

Probably one of the largest playing areas in the league now marra.

32 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

You mean the speedway track that doesn't exist anymore? 

Probably one of the largest playing areas in the league now marra.

Someone should tell Campbell that off radio cumbria kept saying town were used to playing on a small pitch and barrow could beat them out wide

Not here to take the mick this time was talking to a mate to day about clubs that still own there grounds. Do town & haven still own there grounds? And yes I will be making the trip to derwent park to see us win.  Hopefully 

26 minutes ago, Butch said:

Not here to take the mick this time was talking to a mate to day about clubs that still own there grounds. Do town & haven still own there grounds? And yes I will be making the trip to derwent park to see us win.  Hopefully 

Town own Derwent Park. Haven have never owned the Recre.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Archived