Dewsbury Game 11

jroyales

A game we have to win.

This isn't a game to mess about with the team BUT I'd drop Bent, put Charnock in at loose forward and play Green at stand-off. Return Bridge to the second row with Langtree. Sadly, I can't think who else we can play at fullback who can catch the high balls, that's the only reason why Abram is in the side.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There needs to be a change whether that is in personnel, attitude or tactics. The problems include Bridge serving a 1 match ban and Green's name not being mentioned by the club anywhere. I guess something has happened behind the scenes because he would have been in matchday squads  otherwise.

Think we'll see a lot of changes for this one. I'd go something like

Brierley, Ince, Heaton, Roberts, Holcroft, Green, Barran, Dupree, Gregory, Kirk, Langtree, Pick,Reilly. Subs: Nelmes, Fletcher,J Abram, Charnock/Bent.

All the spine positions have to be changed for me. Brierley came as full back and looks very uncomfortable on the wing so i'd try him there. Green and Barran in the halves as at least they will try and make something happen.

Bent has to be dropped for me. 2 carries is appalling and he didn't touch the ball until about the 60th min so we're essentially playing with 12 men when we have the ball . I'd start Dupree just so he gets bigger minutes and hopefully we have a fast start. Got Charnock on the bench because I don't think we've got anybody else to cover in the forwards with Joy and Spencer injured and Bridgey banned.

Huge game and the very definition of a must win.

brooksy on paper thats a descent  side you have picked. but watching  the second halve  cave  ins it now  appears  to me  that the injuries oldham are getting  is because  they are no way fit enough so who is the fitness coach. 

23 hours ago, tandle said:

brooksy on paper thats a descent  side you have picked. but watching  the second halve  cave  ins it now  appears  to me  that the injuries oldham are getting  is because  they are no way fit enough so who is the fitness coach. 

Don’t think they have a strength and conditioning coach. Club run on too much of a shoestring. 

Looking forward to visiting Bower Fold once again for what should prove to be a tight game. Two teams feeling a bit sorry for themselves at the moment so very hard to predict.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I've attended most matches for 20 years but I won't be going again until Diskin goes I not wasting my time watching the useless rubbish I've seen again today , we are almost certainly relegated now so I'll see you at Whitebank in league 1 next season

4 minutes ago, Oldham 1 said:

I've attended most matches for 20 years but I won't be going again until Diskin goes I not wasting my time watching the useless rubbish I've seen again today , we are almost certainly relegated now so I'll see you at Whitebank in league 1 next season

As I've said before, a few Batley fans warned me about Diskin when we signed him. I'm all for giving someone a chance but they were right. He'll more than likely take us down now sadly. Its not worth the admission fee. 

this is what roughyed 34 said about me when i said some of the squad we were signing were not champ. standard i quote..

cant please every one building the best squad for many a year, and you get this negativity before a ball is past unreal. 

i would like to know your opinion now.

Archived