Dewsbury Game 11

jroyales

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at the England v all stars game at Warrington on Friday night. For £24 you get a decent seat and watch some serious quality in a superleague side. Thats just a few quid more than what our poor fans are having to shell out at the moment. It makes you think. I never thought I'd think like that, ever!

15 minutes ago, tandle said:

this is what roughyed 34 said about me when i said some of the squad we were signing were not champ. standard i quote..

cant please every one building the best squad for many a year, and you get this negativity before a ball is past unreal. 

i would like to know your opinion now.

On paper it is a good squad. Trouble is we don't play on paper.

19 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

I don't know mate. Me personally, I'd rather not bother. I'd never watch any Rochdale team in any sport. 👍

Im with you.

But its not about people like me and you.

Its about building the profile of the club and attracting a new generation.

17 minutes ago, herbie said:

Im with you.

But its not about people like me and you.

Its about building the profile of the club and attracting a new generation.

I know. That's the problem, Oldham won't do anything like that. They've tried doing stuff in the past but it runs out if steam after a while. 

29 minutes ago, tandle said:

its not a good squad even on paper there is about 10 players who are not championship quality.

and to you moorside roughyed what roughyed 34 said about me you agreed with him 100% squad 2021 page 4

When was that? 

2 minutes ago, tandle said:

even if you could  replace diskin which wont happen you will still need at least 5 more good players which wont happen sad but true its back to whitebank iam afraid its ch/s comfort zone

I don't think I'll bother mate. As I said in a previous post you can watch real quality rugby league for just a few quid more. Moneys too hard earned to be frittered away. 

37 minutes ago, tandle said:

even if you could  replace diskin which wont happen you will still need at least 5 more good players which wont happen sad but true its back to whitebank iam afraid its ch/s comfort zone

U confident it will be whitebank are you? So do you know he doesn't even have an office there now and runs the club from his house?

4 minutes ago, ChampagneCharlieReturns said:

U confident it will be whitebank are you? So do you know he doesn't even have an office there now and runs the club from his house?

OMG he'll be playing home games in his back garden next😅. The neighbours won't be happy. Where else could they play realistically?

It's been a very bad season but that was the worst performance of the season for me. Dewsbury came to do a job and we made it so easy for them.

At every facet of the game we look shocking. Our defence is terrible right across the park as we are soft down the middle and out wide is even worse. Kicking is very poor. Barran had a lovely 40/20 with his first kick of the game then starting doing stupid little chips straight to their winger. Our attack is embarrassing and I think would be shown up even in League One. Each player holds onto the ball for so long, ambles across the pitch then chucks it inaccurately to the next player who does the exact same thing until we drop it. I think even our go forward from the pack is getting worse. No one knows how to get the forwards rolling forward and bring them into the game.

I thought today the only two who could hold their heads high were Roberts and Green. Roberts tries his heart out and busts a gut every carry. Green had a shocking start kicking it out on the full but actually looked dangerous with the ball. 

My other big worry is how poor some of our established stars have started looking under Diskin. Langtree has been one of the best players to pull on a Oldham shirt for the new club but looks like he can't even tackle anymore. Bent has gone backwards and essentially doesn't take part when we have the ball. Ince has been a quality Championship player for a number of years but looks awful for us.  Bridge didn't play today but has been appalling nearly all season. Nelmes has been just as bad as Bridge and should be nowhere near the 17.

A terrible day.

3 minutes ago, allroughyed said:

You all wanted him out just before he left 

I was very worried when Scott left. He achieved an awful lot at the club considering the obvious budget restraints and lack of facilities at the club. I have a lot of respect for him and he also came across as a decent bloke who cared. 

It's so sad seeing the players giving everything they have got, week after week, waking up on a Monday morning with a battered body all for nothing.

I feel the forwards are good enough but Diskin's use of them is hopeless. We need better halves but we haven't a chance of getting anyone. To get rid of Diskin is a great idea but who in their right mind would come to a club like Oldham. No spectators, no development plan, no ground, no money. All we have is two kits and a bagful of balls.

Sadly, I can't see a future for our, a once great club. We will be a Bramley, Chorley, Kent Invincta, Mansield Marksmen, Huyton, and more - just a memory.

Let's look on the bright side it's only Toulouse away next week!!!!!!!! The bookies will be generous and give us 100 start.

2 minutes ago, jroyales said:

It's so sad seeing the players giving everything they have got, week after week, waking up on a Monday morning with a battered body all for nothing.

I feel the forwards are good enough but Diskin's use of them is hopeless. We need better halves but we haven't a chance of getting anyone. To get rid of Diskin is a great idea but who in their right mind would come to a club like Oldham. No spectators, no development plan, no ground, no money. All we have is two kits and a bagful of balls.

Sadly, I can't see a future for our, a once great club. We will be a Bramley, Chorley, Kent Invincta, Mansield Marksmen, Huyton, and more - just a memory.

Let's look on the bright side it's only Toulouse away next week!!!!!!!! The bookies will be generous and give us 100 start.

Toulouse is off thank god

12 minutes ago, tandle said:

moorside in reply to when was that, go to squad for 2021 page 4, scroll down see what i said. what roughyed 34 said. and what you said its all there.

Sorry if I caused any offence mate. It's a forum and people can only say what they think at the time. I can't remember what I said last week or yesterday for that matter. I just say it as I see it at the time. 

9 minutes ago, jroyales said:

Your so right, why would anyone take Oldham on. I think we may have hit a dead end with Diskin. 

Archived