Dewsbury Game 11

jroyales

15 minutes ago, m brooksy said:

It's been a very bad season but that was the worst performance of the season for me. Dewsbury came to do a job and we made it so easy for them.

At every facet of the game we look shocking. Our defence is terrible right across the park as we are soft down the middle and out wide is even worse. Kicking is very poor. Barran had a lovely 40/20 with his first kick of the game then starting doing stupid little chips straight to their winger. Our attack is embarrassing and I think would be shown up even in League One. Each player holds onto the ball for so long, ambles across the pitch then chucks it inaccurately to the next player who does the exact same thing until we drop it. I think even our go forward from the pack is getting worse. No one knows how to get the forwards rolling forward and bring them into the game.

I thought today the only two who could hold their heads high were Roberts and Green. Roberts tries his heart out and busts a gut every carry. Green had a shocking start kicking it out on the full but actually looked dangerous with the ball. 

My other big worry is how poor some of our established stars have started looking under Diskin. Langtree has been one of the best players to pull on a Oldham shirt for the new club but looks like he can't even tackle anymore. Bent has gone backwards and essentially doesn't take part when we have the ball. Ince has been a quality Championship player for a number of years but looks awful for us.  Bridge didn't play today but has been appalling nearly all season. Nelmes has been just as bad as Bridge and should be nowhere near the 17.

A terrible day.

Have to agree with all of that sadly ,so many issues we seem to have now with even our quality players underperforming and some of the blame lies with the players but sadly Diskin seems not to be able to be a great motivator nor is he a great tactical coach and sadly the responsibility of those two things lie at his door

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, ChampagneCharlieReturns said:

U confident it will be whitebank are you? So do you know he doesn't even have an office there now and runs the club from his house?

If true that is shocking.

How does he get away with stuff like this?

Surely the only owner in Rugby League that takes a wage?

And he doesnt even have to get out of his pyjamas.

Unbelievable

12 minutes ago, sheddingswasus said:

John Fieldhouse, Scott Naylor, Darren Abrams,

All quality coaches, John Fieldhouse in particular  

All old school apart from Scott, Scott the best on that list. Only my opinion though 

i just wish one of you would type in oldham rlfc { 1977} ltd companies house.

then you will see the true state of of oldham rlfc why nothing can be done.

then you will see why nothing will be done your posts are a complete waste of time.

I believe there was 1400 at Rochdale with most of them from Waterhead, St. Annes, Saddleworth and other amateur clubs.

Well done to them for realising the importance of realising the need for getting the youth and the amateur clubs involved. Looking at the "crowd" at Stalybridge, probably about 250, there wasn't anyone under 40 there.

The club is in a terminal state. Surely, the RL must do something and quickly - but are they interested.

1 hour ago, RLNew said:

Who is available to replace him? 

A list of possible coaches who are available whether some would be interested is another thing but head coaches jobs ain't freely available so attracting one shouldn't be hard 

John Duffy 

Scott Naylor

Alan Kilshaw 

Tony Rea 

Andrew Henderson 

Steve Mccormack  

Any of these would be a huge improvement on what we have

3 hours ago, tandle said:

this is what roughyed 34 said about me when i said some of the squad we were signing were not champ. standard i quote..

cant please every one building the best squad for many a year, and you get this negativity before a ball is past unreal. 

i would like to know your opinion now.

Don’t worry happy clappers will still be out 

1 hour ago, tandle said:

i just wish one of you would type in oldham rlfc { 1977} ltd companies house.

then you will see the true state of of oldham rlfc why nothing can be done.

then you will see why nothing will be done your posts are a complete waste of time.

I saw it a couple of years ago and it didn't make for encouraging reading then. And yes we are probably wasting our time on here. But you do need an outlet. 

CH is looking for a way out. New owners buy the club for a £1, agree a debt repayment plan which will include a part of the overall debt being written off. Chief Exec role is now an unpaid role freeing up the cash to start the repayments. New business plan involves returning to Boundary Park maximising the increased stadium capacity and corporate facilities.  It may take a few years to resolve but it is doable. 

13 hours ago, tandle said:

this is what roughyed 34 said about me when i said some of the squad we were signing were not champ. standard i quote..

cant please every one building the best squad for many a year, and you get this negativity before a ball is past unreal. 

i would like to know your opinion now.

My opinion remains the same, I havent watched all the games for obvs reasons, only the our league ones. 

The squad is capable of doing the job, some games were almost unwinnable before the season started. The massively disappointing thing is the results and performances against sides we thought we were able to compete with, we shouldn't be losing to Haven and Dews at home and should have beat Sheffield. (No disrespect to any club) 

So ask your self, have all these players suddenly become poor, forgotten how to do the basics, perform to a game plan that is dire? Repeat the same thing ad nauseum even though it doesn't work? Who implements the systems and game plans? That's right the Head Coach! 

Fundamentally this is where the problem lies imho, he has had time to rectify the wrongs and has failed to so miserably. 

Remember these signings were "his" signings and CH stumped up to get the players he wanted in. 

Maybe some players are not up to the level he thought , maybe therefore he shouldn't have made bold statements about how well we were going to go this season and instill a huge wave of optimism in fans.

The players look lost, lack energy and fight and that seems to me to be a lack of faith in the coach, they try to force systems that don't work and then become demoralised and panicky. Defensively from Brooksy's stats I notice many many missed tackles, more than I remember from previous seasons. From said stats our go forward is garbage, why? The forwards are big enough to make more meters per game than they are, they have proved it either with us or other clubs. No platform, the backs have no chance. 

It comes from the coaching systems imho. If the coach can't adapt and have more than a plan "A" then that's a damn poor coach at this level. 

It's been a shocking, frustrating season and will continue to be if we continue down this path and style. Only one way to go for us at this moment in time and it sure isn't the middle reaches of the champ! 

Who then to replace Diskin? Well anyone available would be a better bet than watching us rapidly heading for the exit door. 

If this group of players hypothetically, were coached by say Naylor and fought with the same pride that his sides always did,and we had 4 wins on the board would you still say they were not good enough? 

I accept the fact players are under performing, but there must be a reason. 

Fans are rightly upset and disappointed with the season, its hard to see a way back if relegation becomes reality. The club does seem to be in the worst position overall for a while, that's saying something! 

We all want a successful side and club at Oldham, my fear is that we will never see that again. It's tough to watch this season turning into our own Annus Horribilis. Relegation would be a bitter blow, the loss of the club would be a tragedy. 

Ps. Young Yed- if you are suggesting that I am a happy clapper as you put it, I can assure you you are way off the mark!! 

6 hours ago, roughyed34 said:

My opinion remains the same, I havent watched all the games for obvs reasons, only the our league ones. 

The squad is capable of doing the job, some games were almost unwinnable before the season started. The massively disappointing thing is the results and performances against sides we thought we were able to compete with, we shouldn't be losing to Haven and Dews at home and should have beat Sheffield. (No disrespect to any club) 

So ask your self, have all these players suddenly become poor, forgotten how to do the basics, perform to a game plan that is dire? Repeat the same thing ad nauseum even though it doesn't work? Who implements the systems and game plans? That's right the Head Coach! 

Fundamentally this is where the problem lies imho, he has had time to rectify the wrongs and has failed to so miserably. 

Remember these signings were "his" signings and CH stumped up to get the players he wanted in. 

Maybe some players are not up to the level he thought , maybe therefore he shouldn't have made bold statements about how well we were going to go this season and instill a huge wave of optimism in fans.

The players look lost, lack energy and fight and that seems to me to be a lack of faith in the coach, they try to force systems that don't work and then become demoralised and panicky. Defensively from Brooksy's stats I notice many many missed tackles, more than I remember from previous seasons. From said stats our go forward is garbage, why? The forwards are big enough to make more meters per game than they are, they have proved it either with us or other clubs. No platform, the backs have no chance. 

It comes from the coaching systems imho. If the coach can't adapt and have more than a plan "A" then that's a damn poor coach at this level. 

It's been a shocking, frustrating season and will continue to be if we continue down this path and style. Only one way to go for us at this moment in time and it sure isn't the middle reaches of the champ! 

Who then to replace Diskin? Well anyone available would be a better bet than watching us rapidly heading for the exit door. 

If this group of players hypothetically, were coached by say Naylor and fought with the same pride that his sides always did,and we had 4 wins on the board would you still say they were not good enough? 

I accept the fact players are under performing, but there must be a reason. 

Fans are rightly upset and disappointed with the season, its hard to see a way back if relegation becomes reality. The club does seem to be in the worst position overall for a while, that's saying something! 

We all want a successful side and club at Oldham, my fear is that we will never see that again. It's tough to watch this season turning into our own Annus Horribilis. Relegation would be a bitter blow, the loss of the club would be a tragedy. 

Ps. Young Yed- if you are suggesting that I am a happy clapper as you put it, I can assure you you are way off the mark!! 

Another well balanced post Gaz. There doesn't seem to be any team spirit at all. We've gone backwards since the start of this season and there's something not right. 

The sad thing is, that the squad we have was only put together because of the savings that were made cos of covid. 

Going back to 2015. One of the things that we tried to get the club to do was to communicate with the amateur clubs. Which happened for a couple of years with pre match games. Unsure whether it went as far as I wanted it to go. Getting players coaching in school giving tickets out etc. 

I can tell it didn't. One of the major problems is the supporter based is over 40 on the most part and I don't see many children turning up. It needs to be addressed quickly as most oldham kids will go to the ol16 postcode

Kids interested in Rugby League in Oldham will just get taken to Rochdale on a freebie, or to a Super League game where tickets aren’t much dearer than the Championship.

If the club is just gonna flip-flop between L1 and struggling in the Championship, I’d rather see it put effort and resources into establishing a permanent home in the borough, even if it meant less success on the pitch for a period. I’d love to see a return to Boundary Park but I’m not sure how viable it is at the moment with the issues surrounding the ownership of the ground and the football club.

Archived