Jack Logan

phildog

FB tells me this morning that Hull are about to 'take back' Jack Logan as if he's their player with us on loan. Far as I know gets our player, legally signed for us. Can the club confirm or deny this and if, considering our dodgy period of injuries, they are prepared to let him go to Hull? Looks like a case of SL thinking that it can walk over the underlings at any cost. Say no!

Logan Heads for Hull FC Loan Spell - Batley Bulldogs

I'm not sure what the possible reason the club could have for this, however, I am sure there must be one, does Logan have a release clause in his contract for instance?

However, the club are much nicer than I would be, considering what happened regarding the recent DR agreement Hull reneged on at the 11th hour, to go with Bradford instead.

17 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

Logan Heads for Hull FC Loan Spell - Batley Bulldogs

I'm not sure what the possible reason the club could have for this, however, I am sure there must be one, does Logan have a release clause in his contract for instance?

However, the club are much nicer than I would be, considering what happened regarding the recent DR agreement Hull reneged on at the 11th hour, to go with Bradford instead.

As you say the player may have a release clause also it’s only a months loan which is the surprising thing as I’m sure due to covid 19 players were only allowed 2 weeks at a time... 

Time to stop being Rugby League's gentlemen and put us first, we have a top game on Sunday yet we've given away yet another player. It's a No from me. IF there was a clause, it's something else fans didn't get to know about. We now have to hope that DaleM is fit or we're disturbing the pack again. Hope Jack Logan doesn't think the fans are on HIS back here and yes it's a chance to impress but what about OUR team and OUR prospects, beggar Hull.

Oddly enough, I was just discussing Logan with a fellow poster. I am impressed with him and how he quietly produces quality every game he plays. 

I am not happy with this and can only assume that it is similar to Griffin when he returned and there is some kind of SL clause. At the very least, as said above, I hope there is some £££ in it for us.

5 minutes ago, distantdog said:

Oddly enough, I was just discussing Logan with a fellow poster. I am impressed with him and how he quietly produces quality every game he plays. 

I am not happy with this and can only assume that it is similar to Griffin when he returned and there is some kind of SL clause. At the very least, as said above, I hope there is some £££ in it for us.

Agree DD, he is a quality player, great hands. I'm pleased for him, disappointed for us, as regards £££ personally I doubt it , but hope there is, downline it "may" help us in the future? Best I can come up with, other than , we are Bulldogs and will continue being so. Onwards and Upwards. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Last season hull shafted us with duel reg and here we are sending.him to hell to show case his skills and were down a center. . He only came to us because he had no club wasn't sure if he was playing at all this season he asked buccanon how he was liking batley and if he might get a spot . 

It's good for Batley. I do get the angst from Batley supporters and he's a cracking player, but we should never stand in the way of a player progressing, and as I said at the outset, I think in long-term this will benefit Batley I reckon. Good luck to him and I hope he's a Batley player next season too 🙂

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

28 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

It's good for Batley. I do get the angst from Batley supporters and he's a cracking player, but we should never stand in the way of a player progressing, and as I said at the outset, I think in long-term this will benefit Batley I reckon. Good luck to him and I hope he's a Batley player next season too 🙂

Only if he returns and contributes to our season. It doesn't help this weekend in what is a crucial match. I agree we should not stand in the way of a player progressing, and what we do is admirable in many ways, but this really seems to have happened at a very inappropriate time for our club, but a very opportune time for Hull.

Lingard has not put a foot wrong this season. He's shuffled the squad around, rested players when needed, left us fans scratching our heads at times with his team selection but got the result every time, there will be a reason why the club has agreed to let Logan go and if there was nothing in it for us at some point I doubt he would have gone, as fans we have no right to know the ins and outs, clauses etc in a players contract. Let's trust the club, if we win on Sunday all's well, if we loose it won't be down to one players absence, we have plenty of depth in the squad to fill in and do a job. 

Presume this is in all probability due entirely to finance. The club has had reduced income the past 18 months and here we have I would imagine another club offering to pay a players wage for a month whilst keeping him fit, and also, I would hope, an additional amount as a loan fee.

Just don't see how anybody thinks this could be good for us. How? Do we think that Hull will in return bend over backwards to loan us players, their last offer worked out well....in fact since this DR and loans job came in how many successes can you think of that have benefitted us, how many have proved world-beaters? Possibly Josh Johnson and Josh Griffin ( who wasn't actually a loanee anyway but was brought back into the game by JK as a step to getting him back into the big time) other than that we've had some who we've barely noticed were here. (Tyler Dickinson...Good luck with that Tubbs!) ANY guarantee that Jack will come back? If he doesn't then surely they have to pay a fee as they will have effectively signed a player on contract.

5 minutes ago, phildog said:

Just don't see how anybody thinks this could be good for us. How? Do we think that Hull will in return bend over backwards to loan us players, their last offer worked out well....in fact since this DR and loans job came in how many successes can you think of that have benefitted us, how many have proved world-beaters? Possibly Josh Johnson and Josh Griffin ( who wasn't actually a loanee anyway but was brought back into the game by JK as a step to getting him back into the big time) other than that we've had some who we've barely noticed were here. (Tyler Dickinson...Good luck with that Tubbs!) ANY guarantee that Jack will come back? If he doesn't then surely they have to pay a fee as they will have effectively signed a player on contract.

I think they will have to pay you for the loan but at end of season when he's out of contract they can get him for nowt same thing happened with FEV , Whinos and luke briscoe they paid his wages  and substantial loan fee then he went for nowt but we   got an agreement that he is a FEV  player if not wanted by Whinos 

FUNNY enough that agreement and DR are  still in place🍹

I think you might be missing the point a little PD. Logan had a release clause in his contract, therefore the club could do very little to stop it from happening.  I would be very surprised if Buchanan didn't have a similar arrangement too. 

If we didn't allow the release clause, would a player of Logan's calibre have signed in the first place? Is it better to have him for a while with the understanding he might be snapped up by a SL club part way through the season, or simply not have him at all?

The major selling point in this for the club is, how well this will look to any fringe/academy SL player that is looking to put themselves in the shop window in the future. Whilst we might not be able to compete on a financial footing with some other clubs, we must be quite an attractive proposition to anyone looking to make a name for themselves. Thus making future recruitment an easier proposition. 

Walmsley, Griffin, Johnson, Walton etc. and now Logan going to in to SL from Batley. No fuss, no hint of the club spitting the dummy out, or trying to stifle a player from progressing for selfish reasons.

I'm not chuffed about it, especially since he's gone to a club with the apparent morals of an earthworm, but c'est la vie, it's better to have had him for the time we have, and hopefully he will be back with us soon.  

It is simple. We agreed a release clause with Jack as his aim is a FT contract.  We did not want him to leave us but what can we do? It is to help Jack not necessarily to help Hull although we have no bad feelings towards Hull. We stick to our agreement and Jack knows we have helped him and is happy to come back if Hull don’t keep him so it is as good as everybody is going to get. There is no financial reason whatsoever why we are loaning him as we would like to keep him ideally to help in our top 6 push. It is not even a financial thing for Jack who has a job outside rugby but he just would like to be a full time RL player if he can. Good luck to him and now good luck to us v Halifax!!

Ask Hull for a player, any player, any age, any position, see how good it is for us Dogfather. Let's see how gentlemanly they are...we've got Browny and JoshT unavailable for a titanic clash this weekend plus anybody else who might have come out of York unfit, let's see the response.

13 minutes ago, phildog said:

Ask Hull for a player, any player, any age, any position, see how good it is for us Dogfather. Let's see how gentlemanly they are...we've got Browny and JoshT unavailable for a titanic clash this weekend plus anybody else who might have come out of York unfit, let's see the response.

Did you not read Kevin's post on the subject.I thought he explained the situation very well.

47 minutes ago, phildog said:

Another moan 

We’d breaking the players contract for not allowing him to join Hull either on loan for a month or permanently Batley could be taken to court and the rfl could investigate the club and Kevin for misconduct and contract breaches 

a month at Hull FC could help Jack and ourselves as he could be back when we need him in the last 2 months of the season... as it looks like Cam Scott (back fit)  and Carlos Tuimavave could be fit come the end of July will be Hull’s first choice centres... I’m sure Craig and the club are and have been looking at replacements for Jack but the current Covid situation and mid season international won’t of helped us 

21 minutes ago, phildog said:

Can I take it, you do not understand the basic premise of release clauses Phil? 🙄

Archived