Jack Logan

phildog

Of course I do and it took umpteen enquiries on here to find out there was one. It's accepted of course, the point I tried to make was we have complied with good grace, would there be the same good grace and assistance the other way round? With our recent history of success on loans/DR front, what would YOUR expectation be? As I said at the very beginning it appears that OUR gentlemanly approach rarely finds a reciprocal gesture.

18 minutes ago, phildog said:

Of course I do and it took umpteen enquiries on here to find out there was one. It's accepted of course, the point I tried to make was we have complied with good grace, would there be the same good grace and assistance the other way round? With our recent history of success on loans/DR front, what would YOUR expectation be? As I said at the very beginning it appears that OUR gentlemanly approach rarely finds a reciprocal gesture.

This is why I don't think you really understand. This has nothing to do with our "Gentlemanly" approach. It is a legally binding agreement. 

If we had not "complied with good grace" as you put it, do you think the outcome would have somehow been any different? How would the club spitting the dummy out about it, have any positive outcome?

If the club had a tantrum about it, would you not be the first on here, complaining about the lack of professionalism displayed by the club?

If there was some way the board could find a legal loophole, to get out of honouring release clauses, how do you think the players that had them written in to their contacts would react?

Do you think they would be going in to future games, with the same passion and enthusiasm they had shown previously?

Would they just go through the motions when selected in the future? 

or

Just simply stop playing altogether?

I am not for a second saying that a professional player would take that approach, but if you were tied in to a contract at work, and they stopped you from getting your dream job elsewhere, would you be happy about it and carry on as if nothing happened?

I'm not sure I would.

52 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

This is why I don't think you really understand. This has nothing to do with our "Gentlemanly" approach. It is a legally binding agreement. 

If we had not "complied with good grace" as you put it, do you think the outcome would have somehow been any different? How would the club spitting the dummy out about it, have any positive outcome?

If the club had a tantrum about it, would you not be the first on here, complaining about the lack of professionalism displayed by the club?

If there was some way the board could find a legal loophole, to get out of honouring release clauses, how do you think the players that had them written in to their contacts would react?

Do you think they would be going in to future games, with the same passion and enthusiasm they had shown previously?

Would they just go through the motions when selected in the future? 

or

Just simply stop playing altogether?

I am not for a second saying that a professional player would take that approach, but if you were tied in to a contract at work, and they stopped you from getting your dream job elsewhere, would you be happy about it and carry on as if nothing happened?

I'm not sure I would.

The club would find the players on strike for not filling the contracts and could be taken to court etc as I said in my last post 

It’s hard explaining... 

It seems quite simple, player drops down a division but is sensible enough to put in his contract that he can be released if he gets the chance of returning to Super League. Super League club comes along offers him a months trial, player wants to take the chance.

Batley accept the situation and wish him good luck hoping he makes it but knowing in a months time it is a possibility he will be back in a Batley shirt.

I hope he gives it his best shot and it is the start of a long career in Super League.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

Would have been better for him not to be; they were reportedly in DIRE NEED which is why he went back! Clearly they weren't and had other options so why weaken us? If he doesn't get on the field can we use him on Sunday? Seems only fair to me.

6 minutes ago, phildog said:

Would have been better for him not to be; they were reportedly in DIRE NEED which is why he went back! Clearly they weren't and had other options so why weaken us? If he doesn't get on the field can we use him on Sunday? Seems only fair to me.

luke briscoe played for whinos on a friday then played for FEV on the sunday scored 4 tries happy days 😆

27 minutes ago, phildog said:

Scored!

On 24/06/2021 at 05:54, Drigdog said:

If this was in his clause, we shouldn't have let Gilbraith return. Were nearly as bad off for centres as last year now.

I think we are still OK, with Buchanan, Hall, Senior, Walshaw and Morton, though it is still annoying that we are losing our best one!

7 hours ago, ernieone said:

Cannot understand the BBC report saying that Jack had been recalled after being on loan at Batley.

Obviously not done there homework.

Are you really surprised in anything the BEEB does when it comes to reporting on RL especially the championship In the report on Jack's move some one at the BEEB will have seen the word loan and the BEEB in their ultimate wisdom think loans only go one way so in their eyes the right answer can only be

being on loan at Batley.

And so....we're down to bare bones, as I already said where are the clubs rushing to help us out? Bring back our loanees, up our numbers.

By the sound of it it's forwards we're down out, Gledhill, Brown, Tonks, Ward, Bowman, that's an entire pack outside hooker, so are we out asking? Sam Wood supposedly went to Dewsbury but not seen him play, there MUST be a couple of forwards at SL clubs not doing anything. So we don't like loans/DR but we shouldn't be leaving ourselves weak just to cut off our noses.

Archived