Whitehaven on Sunday

Simon Hall

Match not being shown on OurLeague.

Tickets only available by ringing Whitehaven and picking up from their club office. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

Tickets only available by ringing Whitehaven and picking up from their club office. 

Don't forget the fantastic Andy Atkinson on radio York 😀😀😀

Ey, careful with the adjectives, John!

Whitehaven, let me think, where's that?

Unless anyone contradicts me and knows better the last time a York side won at Whitehaven was 20th September 1992 when Ryedale York won 26-13 with tries from John Lydiat. Nick Pinkney, Paul White, Phil Connell and 'Corgi Horton'. Gary Pearce kicked three goals.

18 hours ago, andyacko said:

Unless anyone contradicts me and knows better the last time a York side won at Whitehaven was 20th September 1992 when Ryedale York won 26-13 with tries from John Lydiat. Nick Pinkney, Paul White, Phil Connell and 'Corgi Horton'. Gary Pearce kicked three goals.

....yes... but . 🙃

19 hours ago, andyacko said:

Upto a couple of seasons ago we had not won at Barrow for years, or Workington.

On 22/06/2021 at 12:20, Simon Hall said:

Tickets bought, was a painless process but you do need a smart phone or computer handy to complete the payment. Come on the kneets!

19 minutes ago, Nearenough said:

Tickets bought, was a painless process but you do need a smart phone or computer handy to complete the payment. Come on the kneets!

Get yourself  in miners club next to ground 🍻

54 minutes ago, Nearenough said:

Do they not take cards over the phone then?

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Must win game if we want to get in the playoffs. Never easy up there but a lot of our players need to be stepping up and if they do, we will win. Looking forward to the radio commentary 🙂

Knights -12 today with skybet, seems to be the default for Knights games on there! 

Really can’t figure out how today will go. Last Sunday so reminded me of our home game against London last year when we were unlucky to lose (18-12) and I felt like we’d finally turned a corner. The following week things clicked and we hammered Rochdale 70-12. 

I’m not for one minute saying we’ll see a similar score line today but at some point things will click, we have the players just need them to step up and play for each other.

Make that 18-0. This sounds awful. 

Why have non hooker Clarkson at hooker when we’ve 3 hookers in the squad (Barcoe, Sweeting, Jubb)?

Why does Ronan Dixon get used as water carrier when our forwards are playing very poorly?

Too many why’s. 

Actually turned it off. Thought we might have turned the corner last week with an improved performance but going on Andy’s commentary, it seems not. 

Hopefully, they can turn it around but you fear for this side. 

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"

Millican Dalton...1867-1947

24-0, pathetic. If only we had players who play with heart like Ronan Dixon, Whiteley (yes I know he’s out on loan) and Myles Harrison waiting in the wings. Oh hang on......

Just now, Roger York said:

Haven in again this sounds embarrassing what excuse is it going to be this week ? I hope we turn it around but it sounds dire.

‘We were in the arm wrestle, matching Whitehaven until Cuthbertson went off.’

Something along those lines.

Just now, Andy Knight said:

Is the unthinkable a possible as regards Fordy? 

Jon Flatman seems a very level headed guy but he’s ambitious and wants the club to push on. Due to Wembley I doubt any changes will be made this season but I don’t think he will accept another season like this.

Whitely on loan swap for someone who we don’t pick, we play a non hooker at hooker the rest don’t sound interested players out of form still been picked the list goes on. I hope I made to eat my words but if it carry’s on like this what is Fords excuse but at least they can have another chat about sorting it out for next week.

The only positive today is it’s not on Our League so I’ve saved a fiver. I feel very sorry for those who’ve shelled out hard earned money to make the trip up there.

Archived