Whitehaven on Sunday

Simon Hall

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Acasterknight said:

Joe Keys gone out on loan to Bradford Bulls, shame he didn't come back to us.

We’d only have used him as a non ball passing 2nd rower 

This is very depressing listening. Just glad I didn't go. 

I find it strange that Hepi is in the 17 when Dixon and Green aren't playing. Hepi played on Thursday for Cas., and if I'm not mistaken his initial loan finishes this week, so what are we gaining by including him?

1 minute ago, HaxbyKnight said:

This is very depressing listening. Just glad I didn't go. 

I find it strange that Hepi is in the 17 when Dixon and Green aren't playing. Hepi played on Thursday for Cas., and if I'm not mistaken his initial loan finishes this week, so what are we gaining by including him?

Far too painful to listen to. We are in a relegation battle folks. 

Poor defence, lazy tackling, one up rugby, ex SL stars woeful, non existent attack. This is nowhere near good enough. Even Andy Atkinson sounds utterly fed up. Big decisions needed.

Get Nikau back he showed passion I would rather watch someone who wants to play rather than so called big names who rely on reputation to get them through. 

Hepi, Sweeting and Ellis all there loan deals up so the merry go round starts again. What’s wrong with Barcoe he looked good against Hull.

We can always take the view that’s next week will be okay that’s all we hear from them but when does this next week come? 

I have watched York for over 40 years so I’m used to defeats but all I ask for is some effort I would rather have a team of local lads wanting to play for the club rather than mercenary’s looking for one last pay day.

Ford’s loyalty to the underperforming players will be his downfall if he isn’t careful. 

That’s the most points Haven have scored in a match since they beat Coventry (!!) in 2019.

Even Mr Dependable Matty Marsh had an off day. 

22 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

Nikau, AJ Towse, Myles Harrison, Daniel Barcoe, Perry Whitely, Ronan Dixon, Toby Warren all deserve a game next week. 

If things dont improve very soon I'd forget about the likely result at Wembley and play all the above lads in the final, especially the young uns. 

It's now looking beyond doubt that we have a SOFT team. It can't be coincidence that in most games we are woeful in the first half when both sides are fresh then proceed to score most of our points in the second when our opponents are tiring. Its hard to believe that many of these players have played at the top level.

Archived