Whitehaven on Sunday

Simon Hall

34 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

I was referring to players like Joe Keyes, playing for us, back to Hull KR, then out on loan to Bradford.

I know it's frustrating  SH but you've got to understand HKR don't have an exclusive loan agreement with york similar to DR so can loan players to who they want and remember joe signed for HKR from the bulls so may have had a choice for his next  loan

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, POR said:

I know it's frustrating  SH but you've got to understand HKR don't have an exclusive loan agreement with york similar to DR so can loan players to who they want and remember joe signed for HKR from the bulls so may have had a choice for his next  loan

I'm not in the slightest bothered about the player not coming to us. I'm more concerned with the integrity of the competition whereby players know the tactics, calls etc of rival clubs as they've played there as well in the same season. Fair enough players going out on loan for experience for a month or two but there really needs to be a reserve competition so players can get fit at their own clubs, rather than using the Championship's desperation for players as a means to get players game time.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Sunday i had to join the Andy Acko on the beeb for the game, by half time the single malt came out and around 15/20 mins from the end had to turn it off could not stand yet another dismal performance from the Knights,i have over the years seen many York Jekyll and Hyde side but non as star studded as this squad, the old Huntington Stadium many a time i have had to leave at half time just could not stand the being taken apart by most teams who at one time we could beat  but in those days,but we had little money so we could not afford to strengthen the team and as they say the rest is history,the reason for this run down memory lane is we do have money to by players not like the old days and yet F

22 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

With all due respect the loan system IS a joke. 2 week loans, then a player can go back for a midweek game, then back to the loan club for a run out on the Sunday? Ridiculous. Can't understand why we'd even entertain it in Hepi's case when we've 2 of our own forwards running the water on. Smacks of desperation and even if it isn't, it looks that way to supporters.

Beggars can't be choosers and all that but it's doing nowt for the integrity of the sport when you've got players to-ing and fro-ing to various clubs in the same division.

Have you heard about this Covid thing? It is in all the papers around here.

That is the fundamental reason for the changes to the loan system and abandonment of DR this season. It can also be the reason for some players absence but clubs don't like to publicise this as it provides the opposition with inside information.

You won't exactly struggle this season, will you? Just not reach the heights to which you aspired, along with 50% of the clubs in this division.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

We were there on sunday and it wasnt pleasant. First youve got all the usual covid restrictions to adhere to,then we tried to get a seat...'oh no you cant enter the area at this point, this is the ,Red Zone!!' Oh no sorry not the Red Zone! if only we knew... So how do we get a seat? Oh just go all the way around the ground and enter at that end.f### that we went towards the side terrace.. 'Oi yer cant go in there with that plastic glass and that sausage roll!!' Are you from York? You are in the far end . Thats the No smoking no eating no drinking no toilets end! Right ..Cheers for that.     The match was ######. Jack T tried his heart out as did Dixon who coped with the home crowd very well unlike another player who let the crowd get to him. Haven could do no wrong. Their no.2 was excellent and got m.o.m i think. Yorks body language was awful and says that something is not right. Still..looking forward to the Newcastle game as they have some of the best supporters who enjoy the craic. Hope to see you all there.

2 hours ago, Boyny said:

om York? You are in the far end . Thats the No smoking no eating no drinking no toilets end! Right ..Cheers for that.     The match was ######. Jack T tried his heart out as did Dixon who coped with the home crowd very well unlike another player who let the crowd get to him. Haven could do no wrong. Their no.2 was excellent and got m.o.m i think. Yorks body language was awful and says that something is not right. Still..looking forward to the Newcastle game as they have some of the best supporters who enjoy the craic. Hope to see you all there.

Yep, I abandoned my half time 'comfort break' as I had to walk all the way round the ground in the wrong direction!!  Mentions also for Scotty, Spearsie, Salts and Fontella who ran their blood to water... Walmsley got MOM for them, yeah but the two second rowers were superb, tackled everything all day.

Archived