England captain

England World Cup captain  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be England captain at the World Cup?

• Sam Tomkins
    • Elliot Whitehead
    • James Roby
    • Josh Hodgson
    • John Bateman
    • Jonny Lomax
    • Gareth Widdop
    • Luke Thompson
    • Luke Gale
    • Other

According to reports, Wane is down to two candidates for captain for the World Cup.  Who should it be?

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/shaun-wane-shortlists-captains-for-world-cup-40375/

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Personally I would go with Tomkins.  I think he has matured on the field to be a leader and tactician and I would say is the full back as long as he doesn't suffer a huge dip in form.

James Roby would make a great squad captain but is he in our best 13 now?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 minutes ago, Hughsehhh said:

Who voted for Luke Gale 😂

Luke Gale

My vote went to Whitehead and I’d still be ok with that but reading this article…https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/tom-davies-england-debut-drive-20875562.amp

then I would actually change it to Sam Tomkins (Davies isn’t yet captaincy material.) 

Won’t lie, I have slagged Tomkins off many a time in the past, that often happens when great players play for rivals and have a bit of ‘character’, but both he and Davies deserve enormous credit for making this journey when others have made themselves unavailable for whatever reason. This determination to play for his country is typical of Tomkins attitude IMHO. Can’t take back the many thoughts and shouts of the past but certainly shows a lot about Tomkins and Davies true characters.

Never thought I would say this but Tomkins for Captain! 

35 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

You look at that list and it has to be Roby. Tomkins and a couple on the list have had, let's say situations over the years. Hodgson as vice.

What has Whitehead done to be excluded? I've never seen that guy perform less than a 7/10, ever.

I'd be happy with Roby or Whitehead, slightly leaning toward the latter. Hodgson imo will be lucky to make the squad and in no way captain. 

Ideally I'd have someone who is a shoo-in for the 17, likely to be around for at least a couple of years beyond this one, and is going to be playing 60+ minutes per game.

On that criteria I picked Whitehead, with Tomkins just behind.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

6 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

in the past didn't captain mannering (nz) play against captain peacock (gb)

Once again johnny you have demonstrated your unerring ability to cut right through the chatter and get to the heart of the matter.

3 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Once again johnny you have demonstrated your unerring ability to cut right through the chatter and get to the heart of the matter.

it's my pleasure- don't mention it.

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

no point having a forward as capt- with the new rules they are likely to be giving instructions from the sin bin the way it's going.

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

6 hours ago, DavidM said:

Welcome to the forum Jonny Lomax .  

No James Lomax!

9 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

no point having a forward as capt- with the new rules they are likely to be giving instructions from the sin bin the way it's going.

In which case Tony Clubb!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived