Sat 26-Sun 27 Jun: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

11 minutes ago, EssexRL said:

It’s a subject for another thread but really, regardless of Sky money, could we not make L1 - the only really national RL league self sufficient. It’s a fantastic mix of great traditional clubs, established newbies like us and real newbies like the Bears. So much scope too: get Hemel and All Golds back, bent Belgrade and even New York in! (Hey, I can dream). 

Yep four more teams would be even better 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

7 tries to 5, to be pedantic. Something's got to be done about our defence, but the big question is whether we'll be allowed to actually watch the Cru in person next week!

Missed the 4 pointer today, or do we call it a 12.5%er these days.🙂

Anyway, 400 allowed into the ground next week, so home fans only unfortunately. I make it 497 days since the last home game with fans (Challenge Cup 4th round v Hunslet) and 666 days since the last home League 1 game with fans (7th September 2019, v London Skolars) so it's been a long wait.

https://northwalescrusaders.com/2021/06/27/important-information-crusaders-v-keighley/

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

3 hours ago, EssexRL said:

It’s a subject for another thread but really, regardless of Sky money, could we not make L1 - the only really national RL league self sufficient. It’s a fantastic mix of great traditional clubs, established newbies like us and real newbies like the Bears. So much scope too: get Hemel and All Golds back, bent Belgrade and even New York in! (Hey, I can dream). 

it’s another thread discussion, but the more and more delay there is from the RFL/SL about future funding for champ & L1 the more i fear - Basically if there was going to be good news it would have already come out 😞

1 hour ago, dead man inc said:

it’s another thread discussion, but the more and more delay there is from the RFL/SL about future funding for champ & L1 the more i fear - Basically if there was going to be good news it would have already come out 😞

Sadly I think you're right. Substantial funding cuts would undo all the great work done in league 1. I would echo what others have said that league 1 this year has been brilliant so far. Plenty of close games that could have gone either way

5 hours ago, EssexRL said:

Yup. A team from New York and another from Belgrade participating in a league which is barely above amateur status in terms of the cash involved.

As you say.... Dreaming. 

6 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

I would echo what others have said that league 1 this year has been brilliant so far. Plenty of close games that could have gone either way

Totally agree. League one has been fascinating this year. Incredibly competitive. Yesterday's results show that.

I think it puts whoever goes up in good stead. The improvement in competition is good preparation. That said there will need strengthening but that's always the case. 

5 minutes ago, Rob Nash said:

Something I've failed to mention. The form of Doncaster's halves, Johnston and Beharell is keeping Watson Boas out of the side. It's a good time to be a Dons fan.

If we're anything like full strength next week with Peltier, Whitmore and Mudoti returning to the front row and possibly Doherty and Boas in the backs then Barrow have got a lot to consider.

On 27/06/2021 at 18:20, clwydianrange said:

The league gets better every year. West Wales are slowly getting there and we’ve got some bloody good teams in the mix. Very entertaining.

Thank you for your words of encouragement. we are still trying to do our best.

Archived