Sat 26-Sun 27 Jun: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a performance by Haven today absolutely battered York. I feared the worst looking at the line ups with Haven having so many out and yorks ex super league squad. But wow I'm stunned how well we played well done lads!!! 

1 minute ago, Davo5 said:

I doubt many tries were scored off grubber kicks after seeing those embarrassing in goal area’s 

There was a joke going round that it Adam Lawton was stood on the try line and fell over to put the ball down it’d be over the dead ball line 😜

8 minutes ago, Spidey said:

There was a joke going round that it Adam Lawton was stood on the try line and fell over to put the ball down it’d be over the dead ball line 😜

Looking at the photos Warwick Davis would.

4 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Yep.  If they can stay up this year I think they can go for it.  Widnes will be stronger as well. 

There is alot to be negative about in RL but we have some positives.  

Att 3,146 @ Barrow in L1 today…Another Positive 

Good win for Fax after a pretty poor 1st half showing. I think we are now averaging just over 1 try conceded in each of our last 7 games which Im pretty happy with. Today was a tale of 2 halfs with Batley getting everything playing up the hill in the first half and Fax getting everything up the hill in the second. It has given us a chance of 3rd spot with 4 winnable games coming up next and other teams having to play each other.

3 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Big win for Fax today against the surprise package.  Next week is Widnes who will be full of confidence. Win that and you are three clear in the playoffs  (it is top six this year no?)

We are being blessed this season with big games.  Can someone explain what has happened at York?

I think York has just been misplaced expectaion on then. I'd mentioned early doors that if one team had the potentital to blow up and have a stinker of a season it were them. I had a sneaky suspicion that Haven might beat them as they give most teams a game at theirs and when we played York a couple of weeks back they looked pretty poor. I think it will be a season or two before they can establish themselves as a top 6 team.

1 hour ago, mickmike wilson said:

Att 3,146 @ Barrow in L1 today…Another Positive 

Amazing 

3146 people who have had a great day out the RL. Fantastic

Maybe most adults/kids did not pay directly for a ticket.. Who cares.... 

3146 memories, experiences, connections, loyalties and enthusiasm for the game strengthened/ created.... In League 1

For Christ's sake Broncos.... Learn from this

The James Ford bubble has well and truly burst!! I have said it before and I will say it again thank god Leigh got the nod for that 12th spot.

York have carried on their 2020 form & lost 7 from 11 

London was shockingly bad today. How with 10 mins to go game was still in balance I will never know.

Swinton will win soon I am sure of it.

London will lose by record score next week. Expect 80+ by Fev, and I would not be surprised if we get nilled as well.

12 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Amazing 

3146 people who have had a great day out the RL. Fantastic

Maybe most adults/kids did not pay directly for a ticket.. Who cares.... 

3146 memories, experiences, connections, loyalties and enthusiasm for the game strengthened/ created.... In League 1

For Christ's sake Broncos.... Learn from this

Barrow actually had an offer on today where everyone who got there before 1pm got in for free. Their bars were doing a roaring trade.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

22 minutes ago, binosh said:

The James Ford bubble has well and truly burst!! I have said it before and I will say it again thank god Leigh got the nod for that 12th spot.

York have carried on their 2020 form & lost 7 from 11 

Why they’d have the same number of points as Leigh do now.

9 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

I dont think anyone said they are saviors  (only consistent and competitive FTA internationals can do that) but having a club in a modern facility with commercial opportunities and a growing fan base is a massive boost to the game.  

On York,  if they get to SL they will pull in enough fans to match Salford or Huddersfield and have again more commercial opportunities to boot. 

That's fact is it?

As I've said previously, all this willy pulling over the likes of York, Newcastle etc is based on very little substance, there's nothing to suggest York or even Newcastle will ever get anywhere near pulling in 5-5,500 fans nor be anywhere near as remotely being competitive on the field but that doesn't fit the agenda.

9 hours ago, Spidey said:

They jumped up a division and look like they’re going to do enough to stay there. They’ve generated a thriving community game and have an elite academy. I think they’re doing more than most at the minute 

They're doing and have done very well to build their club up, but for people to suggest they're some kind of super league mega club is ridiculous.

Like York, they're nowhere near super league at the moment but some people clamour for them to be the next club to go up.

Went to the Broncos today with my 12 year old.

Not having a dig for the sake of it however after attending Warrington Wolves on Thursday one was brought down to earth.

Crowd I reckon 350 max (Maybe 300) which included I would say 30 from Swinton add on wags etc and the real figure would be around 250 + of which I would say 100 are ex RL fans from up north (Mainly older who have been going for years) that leaves 150 Londoners.

Bar was empty (Last year it was packed)

No food on sale lets be honest its not even worth a burger van to turn up as it would not cover the petrol money little along the fee.

Where the hell the club announcer was found god knows (Prob a nice guy) however it reminded me of hospital radio totally amateur hour.

I looked for the merchandise to buy my son a replica shirt nothing to be seen (Last couple of seasons Steve Mascord organised things with his other half and it was very good) 

I really dont see where the club can go from here (Academy fantastic) match day experience out of 10 Minus 10 totally awful in fact appalling.

Archived