Sun 27 Jun: SL: Salford Red Devils v Leeds Rhinos KO 13:00

Who will win?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/06/21 at 19:00

19 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

Dirty Leeds, Hurrell should have had a red card,(received no punishment from ref) Mossop threw one punch in self defence, but it was a great punch.

Gale ran after Ryan Lannon causing another brawl. Both sin binning. Inconsistent at best by Hicks. 

No issue with Wells lifting above horizontal for his yellow.

Seems to be a lot of twisting the leg after a tackle going on.

Leeds outclassed Salford, who are weak down the side.  Marshall plays men out of position today it was Tui at fullback.

Just hope Leigh can't put a run together

So you can just knock a player out just because they run up to you? Players squaring up to each other happens regularly if it’s ok to just knock them out if they do your heading down a slippery slope.

Something must have gone on in the tackle, Hurrell is not usually a type of player to just go running up to players to cause agro.

I’m surprised Gale didn’t get a red to be honest nest but he was hit very late and appeared to get a knee to the head.

Salford taking the 2 when camped in Leeds’ line was both bizarre and telling, they didn’t seem to think they could score a try.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

Dirty Leeds, Hurrell should have had a red card,(received no punishment from ref) Mossop threw one punch in self defence, but it was a great punch.

Gale ran after Ryan Lannon causing another brawl. Both sin binning. Inconsistent at best by Hicks. 

No issue with Wells lifting above horizontal for his yellow.

Seems to be a lot of twisting the leg after a tackle going on.

Leeds outclassed Salford, who are weak down the side.  Marshall plays men out of position today it was Tui at fullback.

Just hope Leigh can't put a run together

All I saw was Hurrell chasing Mossop after something happened in a tackle on him, he may have been saying something as distinct from aiming to hit someone, then Mossop throws a punch at a person not expecting it. It was a terrible incident and I would hope Mossop is banned for many a game,

32 minutes ago, redjonn said:

All I saw was Hurrell chasing Mossop after something happened in a tackle on him, he may have been saying something as distinct from aiming to hit someone, then Mossop throws a punch at a person not expecting it. It was a terrible incident and I would hope Mossop is banned for many a game,

If you run towards someone like that in a confrontation on a rugby field, you cant claim not to be expecting a punch to be fair.

3 minutes ago, M j M said:

Laughable to claim Hurrell should be a red card though 🤡

Agree on that, you cant card someone on what you think they might have been planning to do!

It's a clear red card and ban for Mossop, although I think the potential 'self defense' element may be considered some mitigation on the ban length.

1 hour ago, Hughsehhh said:

https://fb.watch/6orxrErZPj/

Mossops punch on Hurrell

An absolute belter, as Tez would say.

It's the punch only, so those easily offended by any form of biff then best not to watch

That's a cracking punch.  Best one I've seen since Justin Poore put Liam Farrell down.  💤

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Just seen the clip of the Mossop punch. Unfortunately for Hurrell he deserved everything he got there, if he hadn’t run at Mossop nothing would have happened.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Looks like bit of a shambles, 2 men off for throwing punches and another failing concussion test.  

Appropriate for the weekend events.

Plus as an example - Gale played Friday, therefore available on Sunday.  But say Farrell could not play before the All Stars game.

Total shambles of an organisation.

48 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

If you run towards someone like that in a confrontation on a rugby field, you cant claim not to be expecting a punch to be fair.

rubbish,

mind you your right if your running towards a person that tends towards thuggish behaviour.   You often see players running towards opponents to let them know what you think of something.. they don't all end up getting a punch

2 minutes ago, redjonn said:

rubbish,

mind you your right if your running towards a person that tends towards thuggish behaviour.   You often see players running towards opponents to let them know what you think of something.. they don't all end up getting a punch

Haha, the intend In Hurrell, running towards the retreating Mossop is pretty clear.

42 minutes ago, M j M said:

Laughable to claim Hurrell should be a red card though 🤡

No it isn't.  Hurrell ran in and clearly swung a left cross. 

Hurrell seems a cheery bloke to me, so don't know what upset him

But that's not the point, he swung a punch and Mossop retaliated. All 3 should get a fair few matches.

Just now, Rupert Prince said:

No it isn't.  Hurrell ran in and clearly swung a left cross. 

Hurrell seems a cheery bloke to me, so don't know what upset him

But that's not the point, he swung a punch and Mossop retaliated. All 3 should get a fair few matches.

I will have to watch again as I didn't see any raised arm/punch attempt from Hurrell...

9 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Looks like bit of a shambles, 2 men off for throwing punches and another failing concussion test.  

Appropriate for the weekend events.

Plus as an example - Gale played Friday, therefore available on Sunday.  But say Farrell could not play before the All Stars game.

Total shambles of an organisation.

Your reasons for perpetually whining really are weak on this thread.

19 minutes ago, DavidM said:

That was a good one , he wont run at him again wanting to get into it . By the way ive never seen konrad move so fast … downwards

He walked right into it unfortunately.  I'm not surprised he went down like a sack of whelks.   It could well be a serious concussion.  I hope he us all right.

2 minutes ago, redjonn said:

I will have to watch again as I didn't see any raised arm/punch attempt from Hurrell...

watch it again and again and again and gone through frame by frame and can not see any punching movement from Hurrell what so ever...

That's not to say what Mossop thought

At the game I saw Hurrell running in, and thought he had an arm raised, I thought his intent was clear from where I sat, I assume Mossop thought the same. Moose threw one punch, Thompson got involved from no where. I hope Hurrell is OK but stand by Instigator should be punished.( as well as others.)

As for the Gale thing, he seemed to think it was a late hit and went looking for Lannon , probably more punches thrown in this incident than the first. 

1 hour ago, Red Willow said:

At the game I saw Hurrell running in, and thought he had an arm raised, I thought his intent was clear from where I sat, I assume Mossop thought the same. Moose threw one punch, Thompson got involved from no where. I hope Hurrell is OK but stand by Instigator should be punished.( as well as others.)

As for the Gale thing, he seemed to think it was a late hit and went looking for Lannon , probably more punches thrown in this incident than the first. 

we will have to disagree as watching the video I'd say Hurrell looked more clownish in his running not aggressive, in fact far from an aggressive run...

3 minutes ago, redjonn said:

we will have to disagree as watching the video I'd say Hurrell looked more clownish in his running not aggressive, in fact far from an aggressive run...

Clownish? He wasn't running up to him to have a laugh and a joke, was he!

What happened in the tackle for him to run up to him? Hard to tell from the tiny video I've seen, but looked a bit like use if the head by Mossop.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Quality tweet from Hurrell

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Well mossop was retreating at a fair rate of knots. Hurrell looked intent on a confrontation. Mossop can only make two decisions. He either accepts what Hurrel intends to do or defends himself. If I had Ben in that situation I think my natural reaction would have been the same as mossop.

One last point, I think Hicks is by far the worst ref in SL. He is arrogant and wants to be center of attention. If I was  a player he is the last person I would trust to look after my welfare. Mossop was on his own and what he did was a natural defensive reaction when he was being seriously threatened.

15 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Hurrell is not usually a type of player to just go running up to players to cause agro.

That's one of the biggest mischarcterisations I've read on here, I like Hurrel, but he's forever tyring in on at the ruck and around the tackle.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

7 minutes ago, Oxford said:

That's one of the biggest mischarcterisations I've read on here, I like Hurrel, but he's forever tyring in on at the ruck and around the tackle.

I disagree, but anyway I said he's not the type pf player to go running up to players to cause agro.

Regardless calls for Hurrell to get a ban are just ridiculous, even more so owing to the fact he missed 70minutes of the game and will miss the next game anyway.

On this surely we should be looking at the rule that if a payer can't come on because of a HIA the 18th man should be allowed to be used as a sub?

Archived