Fri 25 Jun: SL: Hull FC v Huddersfield Giants KO 19:45

Who will win?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/06/21 at 19:15

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, daz39 said:

I'll offer my opinion when i see the line-ups, that's if it does go ahead.

I'll take a really rough guess at the Hull team:

Connor Wynne

Bureta Faraimo

Jack Logan

Mahe Fonua

Adam Swift

Josh Reynolds

Marc Sneyd

Ligi Sao

Danny Houghton

Brad Fash

Manu Ma'u 

Jordan Lane

Joe Cator

Jack Brown, Jordan Johnstone, Jude Ferriera, Miteli Vulikijapani

I imagine Ma'u will do a stint in the front row with Ferriera playing second row.

It's definitely makeshift but not a bad side in the circumstances.

4 hours ago, MZH said:

I'll take a really rough guess at the Hull team:

Connor Wynne

Bureta Faraimo

Jack Logan

Mahe Fonua

Adam Swift

Josh Reynolds

Marc Sneyd

Ligi Sao

Danny Houghton

Brad Fash

Manu Ma'u 

Jordan Lane

Joe Cator

Jack Brown, Jordan Johnstone, Jude Ferriera, Miteli Vulikijapani

I imagine Ma'u will do a stint in the front row with Ferriera playing second row.

It's definitely makeshift but not a bad side in the circumstances.

Could be wrong but something in my mind tells me Ferreira was injured.  Maybe Scott?

I would like to see Brown start.

20 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Giants only naming 13,others only able to name 17,what a shambles the game is becoming.

The cynic in me thinks some coaches are just making a point about how they disagree with this game. Obviously teams have injuries and some are affected by covid and then the combined nations game has stretched them further, but I don't belive Huddersfield can only rustle up 13 players.

19 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Could be wrong but something in my mind tells me Ferreira was injured.  Maybe Scott?

I would like to see Brown start.

Ferriera was injured but the talk seemed to be that he was going to be fit for this one. He's not in the squad though. Scott is back which is a helpful boost. He might need to play second row off the bench. We only have 3 props in the squad (Sao, Brown and Fash), I imagine Cator will play 13. It would be an incredibly big ask to expect those 3 to play prop on their own, so I'm expecting Ma'u to do a stint there. The other option is Johnstone to come on at hooker, Houghton to 13 and Cator into the front row. 

4 hours ago, MZH said:

Ferriera was injured but the talk seemed to be that he was going to be fit for this one. He's not in the squad though. Scott is back which is a helpful boost. He might need to play second row off the bench. We only have 3 props in the squad (Sao, Brown and Fash), I imagine Cator will play 13. It would be an incredibly big ask to expect those 3 to play prop on their own, so I'm expecting Ma'u to do a stint there. The other option is Johnstone to come on at hooker, Houghton to 13 and Cator into the front row. 

Ferriera is fit and played for the U19s at the weekend but now we have signed Logan I suspect is down the pecking order.

As you say I biggest issue is in the forwards and a lack of props. Was hoping that we might bring one in on loan this week but not so. Big minutes from Sao, Brown and Fash needed!

6 hours ago, MZH said:

The cynic in me thinks some coaches are just making a point about how they disagree with this game. Obviously teams have injuries and some are affected by covid and then the combined nations game has stretched them further, but I don't belive Huddersfield can only rustle up 13 players.

Miraculously, Watson has found 7 more players.

4 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Miraculously, Watson has found 7 more players.

He hasn't found them, he's been todl they are clear to continue training/playing after completing their Covid protocols and raiding the academy.

7 hours ago, daz39 said:

He hasn't found them, he's been todl they are clear to continue training/playing after completing their Covid protocols and raiding the academy.

Good for your lot mate, hopefully one or two of the young lads will step up and give a good impression.

Absolutely miserable start to the day weather wise over here and it looks to be set in for quite some time.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I'm not expecting much tonight in all honesty, but a good performance and the lads having a good go at it will do for me, with the disruptions we've had, with Covid, call ups and injuries this week.

Hull have got some out too, but ultimately it's 17 professional RL players V 17 professional RL players, so no real excuses for any team to bemoan players missing.

One issue I do have though, is Adam O' Brien is out for around 12 weeks due to the head attack by Sarginson last week, he is one of our main pivots and a massive cog in our wheel, Sarginson, meanwhile, despite having just returned from a ban, and despite having history for these kind of attacks, misses 3 weeks, is that fair?

Potentially we could line up as this.

Golding

Senior

Cudjoe

Wardle Jake

McIntosh

Gaskell

Russell

Wilson

Cunningham

English

Greenwood

Hewitt

Jones

Bench

Trout

Gavet

Ashworth

Wood

4 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Good for your lot mate, hopefully one or two of the young lads will step up and give a good impression.

Absolutely miserable start to the day weather wise over here and it looks to be set in for quite some time.

Looks like the weather might improve around the time of the game. Hopefully that will be the case. The playing surface at the KCOM is second to none and it drains very quickly so the conditions should still be OK.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

49 minutes ago, meast said:

Hull have got some out too, but ultimately it's 17 professional RL players V 17 professional RL players, so no real excuses for any team to bemoan players missing.

I'm just glad to have a game to go to. Still some decent players in both squads. Shame the stadium can't fully open up yet and you and your entertaining band of Fartowners can't attend.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 hour ago, Ullman said:

Looks like the weather might improve around the time of the game. Hopefully that will be the case. The playing surface at the KCOM is second to none and it drains very quickly so the conditions should still be OK.

You mean the MKM Stadium?

5 year sponsorship deal.

11 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

You mean the MKM Stadium?

5 year sponsorship deal.

I can't keep up. It's all too quick for me.

1 hour ago, Ullman said:

I can't keep up. It's all too quick for me.

Is that you John Newlove?

Really young Hull team. Adam Swift and Danny Houghton are missing. 17 year old prop Aiden Burrell gets a debut.

Wynne

Faraimo

Fonua

Scott

Vulikijapani 

Reynolds 

Sneyd

Sao

Johnstone

Fash

Ma'u

Lane

Cator

Subs: Brown, Burrell, Logan, McNamara

Difficult game to call with both teams missing a lot of important players.

Archived