Fri 25 Jun: SL: Hull FC v Huddersfield Giants KO 19:45

Who will win?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/06/21 at 19:15

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

We're really struggling due to numerous errors, Jack Logan the main culprit.

Was hoping I'd never see him in a Hull shirt again.

Why the animosity against Logan.I hope you don't keep him,he's been going quite well at Batley and we want him back

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, gittinsfan said:

Why the animosity against Logan.I hope you don't keep him,he's been going quite well at Batley and we want him back

With respect, it's probably because I've seen him play rather more times than you have.

And I don't rate him.

Having said that, he scored a vital try tonight and is the only player I can think of that's scored a hat trick in a Hull Derby in recent times.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

In hindsight that was a really good win for Hull. 

I know Huddersfield had a lot missing too but looking down their team sheet (correct me if I'm wrong) they all have played SL before and alot of them are really quite established.

In that Hull team I reckon only 6 would be in our first choice 17. Wynne, Brown, McNamara all only have around a dozen first team games each. Vulikijapani was playing just his second game of RL. Scott is still just starting to establish himself and had to play out of position at second row. Logan was an emergency loan who hasn't played in Hodgson's system before. Burrell and Walker are kids who didn't have squad numbers. Walker in particular was there just to make up numbers and would have only got on if Reynolds and Sneyd both went down.

To be 10-0 down at ht and get a win is a great effort. Sneyd gets stick at times but he's such a smart player. Took the game by the scruff of the neck in the second half.

5 hours ago, MZH said:

I know Huddersfield had a lot missing too but looking down their team sheet (correct me if I'm wrong) they all have played SL before and alot of them are really quite established.

In that Hull team I reckon only 6 would be in our first choice 17. Wynne, Brown, McNamara all only have around a dozen first team games each. Vulikijapani was playing just his second game of RL. Scott is still just starting to establish himself and had to play out of position at second row. Logan was an emergency loan who hasn't played in Hodgson's system before. Burrell and Walker are kids who didn't have squad numbers. Walker in particular was there just to make up numbers and would have only got on if Reynolds and Sneyd both went down.

To be 10-0 down at ht and get a win is a great effort. Sneyd gets stick at times but he's such a smart player. Took the game by the scruff of the neck in the second half.

Vulikijapani had a damn good game.  He’s enthusiastic and quick to take defenders on.  Probably one of the stand out performers along with Ma’u, Sao, Wynne and at times Fonua although Wynne gets drawn into the dog**** antics too easily.

Got to say, that was as bad a first half performance by Hull as it was possible.  Logan had a nightmare and the possession count must have been massively in Hudds favour.  I doubt Hull had more than 30% and their completion rate seemed to be the same but the second half was completely different.  

Lots of positives on the second half performance though and another 2 points.

2 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Vulikijapani had a damn good game.  He’s enthusiastic and quick to take defenders on.  Probably one of the stand out performers along with Ma’u, Sao, Wynne and at times Fonua although Wynne gets drawn into the dog**** antics too easily.

Got to say, that was as bad a first half performance by Hull as it was possible.  Logan had a nightmare and the possession count must have been massively in Hudds favour.  I doubt Hull had more than 30% and their completion rate seemed to be the same but the second half was completely different.  

Sadly outweighed by the negative of who you had to sit next to.

Looking good for apparently being born in 1951 though mate, you're wearing very well.

I perhaps wasn't looking that convincing at being born in 1973, sadly.

11 hours ago, MZH said:

Ashall-Bott 7 SL games and was sent out on loan when our only recognised full-back was injured, Louis Senior about 20 games over 3 years and was recalled from Oldham, Jack Ashworth has only played 3 times for us and only 45 times in 6 years, Owen trout 11 games, Sam Wood has only played 40 games in 5 years, Ollie Russell has 30 appearances over 3 years, Oliver Wilson has 20 games under his belt, Sam Hewitt has 20 games in 3 years and was on loan ar Halifax, none of them would be and have rarely been near our 1st 7 either so not quite the experienced, established you're making it out to be, it was pretty even in the lack of experience stakes.

We also lost 2 of our regular players too during the game.

7 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Our completion rate that first half just have been the lowest I've ever seen. We just could not keep the ball. To only conceded one try was either great on our part or bad on Huddersfield's part. I was quietly confident that if we could sort that out, we'd win for sure as Huddersfield didn't seem to be offering a lot.

I thought Jack struggled in the first half (but he certainly wasn't alone and it was understandable given the time out at this level), but thought his second half performance was far better. He took some great cross field kicks high in the air and one led to a try. Glad to see him back and will be very good back up whilst we're down on numbers.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

11 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Sadly outweighed by the negative of who you had to sit next to.

Looking good for apparently being born in 1951 though mate, you're wearing very well.

I perhaps wasn't looking that convincing at being born in 1973, sadly.

You do realise that your DOB on Tinder will have to change now as well?

On 26/06/2021 at 17:07, Lowdesert said:

From our unaccustomed lofty perch in the upper west stand we had a great view of Vulikijapani's contribution in the second half. For a bloke who's only played a matter of minutes at SL level I thought he was outstanding. Showed great composure in defence and was a real handful when he took defenders on, skittling them on one excellent touchline effort.

I didn't think it was just Jack Logan who had a bit of a mare in the first half. It seemed to be the case for nearly all of the stand in players but they got their collective act together in the second. I thought the leadership shown by Sneyd and Reynolds played a large part in that. In a game between two massively depleted squads having our two first choice halfbacks on the field gave Hull the edge for me.

All in all the game had a strange feel to it. The size of the crowd and the two squads gave it the feel of a pre-season game but unlike those games it felt like a hugely important win at the end.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

14 hours ago, Ullman said:

From our unaccustomed lofty perch in the upper west stand

Bloody Hell!, that's where we were, and I thought we were special.

Just shows that during these Covid ravaged times, all classes seem to be treated the same.

One thing I may add, how come no Hull fans were wanting Fonua's try disallowed?

Surely after Darnell went down with his Achilles Injury the try should not have stood ( in the "spirit of fairness" of course!),Hull shouldn't have celebrated, Sneyd shouldn't have kicked the goal and the referee should have yellow carded Fonua for having the audacity to score while an opponent was down injured.

I jest, but see how silly the furore over Fages' try was and how much of a can of worms it would have opened?

13 hours ago, meast said:

One thing I may add, how come no Hull fans were wanting Fonua's try disallowed?

Surely after Darnell went down with his Achilles Injury the try should not have stood ( in the "spirit of fairness" of course!),Hull shouldn't have celebrated, Sneyd shouldn't have kicked the goal and the referee should have yellow carded Fonua for having the audacity to score while an opponent was down injured.

I jest, but see how silly the furore over Fages' try was and how much of a can of worms it would have opened?

No, because he didn't have the ball when he was injured. Fonua also already passed him when he went down injured, so he wouldn't have tackled him anyway nor would he have known if he had injured himself (but that doesn't matter because of the first thing I said).

The two incidents are unrelated due to the lack of possession of the ball.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Archived