Thu 24 Jun: SL: Warrington Wolves v Leigh Centurions KO 19:45 (TV)

Who will win?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Leigh Centurions

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/06/21 at 19:15

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Liverpool Rover said:

It was baffling. Did they really think that they could bring in anyone that could improve them?

Not really , when your coach offers to go , they rarely stay 

13 minutes ago, dkw said:

Price said one of his players reminded him of Bateman and his "mong" strength.

I thought he said ‘mons’ strength or something, and assumed it was a technical biological term.

What does he actually mean by ‘m**g’ strength? 

Here in Warrington at the match with the wife and my 12 year old.

* Well done Leigh its hard on them they gave 100% all the way until the final whistle

* WW are a superbly organised club pre match food top class and wonderful staff all the way through from reception to the hospitality staff well done 10/10 

Good atmosphere with a restricted crowd hope its similar tomorrow 🙂 After tomorrow its London Broncos for me and Kent cricket on Monday what a selection:)

Paul

6 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Here in Warrington at the match with the wife and my 12 year old.

* Well done Leigh its hard on them they gave 100% all the way until the final whistle

* WW are a superbly organised club pre match food top class and wonderful staff all the way through from reception to the hospitality staff well done 10/10 

Good atmosphere with a restricted crowd hope its similar tomorrow 🙂 After tomorrow its London Broncos for me and Kent cricket on Monday what a selection:)

Paul

Hard life you've got Paul!

I have not missed a game all season that Leigh have played in, and apart from the Castleford debacle, this has been Leigh's worst performance for me, Haggerty said it was an improvement on last week "no way Jose" but the players put in 100% though really showed a collective naivety and game awareness, no use harping on about who is missing it's been like that most of the season these players have performed much better in nearly all the other games.

25 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I thought he said ‘mons’ strength or something, and assumed it was a technical biological term.

What does he actually mean by ‘m**g’ strength? 

Urban dictionary does not make for great reading on what Price has said. 

33 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

If Price has said what he’s alleged to, his return to Australia is 3/4 months earlier than planned. 

It’s obviously some term within the playing/coaching circle that’s commonly used to describe raw strength. I’ve never heard it myself, but it’s clearly unacceptable and undoes all the work of the recent campaigns that RL has been part of. I’m not sure a sacking is in order but certainly a fine and an apology from Price and the club.

Replace the word that Price said with a discrimatory word commonly used against black people and what would people have said?

Many called for Tony Clubb to be sacked for using a racist term. Yet opinion is that using a common discrimatory term aimed a disabled term should not result in a sacking.

Without getting into punishments, why do we see discrimatory language against disabled people ad more acceptable?

Edit: Although the explanation above about it being a shortened term for 'mongrel' is an innocent explanation, makes sense and an example of how words can have different meanings in different countries.

Although I stand by the point about how we seem to 'rank' forms of discrimatory language.

1 minute ago, Cheshire Setter said:

It’s obviously some term within the playing/coaching circle that’s commonly used to describe raw strength. I’ve never heard it myself, but it’s clearly unacceptable and undoes all the work of the recent campaigns that RL has been part of. I’m not sure a sacking is in order but certainly a fine and an apology from Price and the club.

Given Warrington were and continue to be the big drivers of PDRL and LDRL, I’ll be surprised if more isn’t made of this. 

45 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

McCarthy apparently in a bad way , being ' monitored ' , injuries to Reynolds and Russell as well , we could do with catching covid to give us a couple of weeks off to get bodies back 

In sure the players would disagree given this new variant can cause Young fit adults to be seriously ill.

Archived