Fri 25 Jun: Womens Intl: England v Wales KO 18:00 (TV)

Who will win?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw
    • Wales by 1 to 6 points
    • Wales by 7 to 12 points
    • Wales by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/06/21 at 17:30

I guess anything other than England winning by a huge margin would be a surprise?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Great to see at least one real International Rugby League fixture is on this weekend, got to presume England will be much stronger. The Women’s Super League team in Cardiff will make Wales stronger in time, but I’m not sure if they’ve played any/many games yet. It’s a real shame it’s not a stand a lone rep weekend across both the Southern and Northern Hemisphere. 

8 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Great to see at least one real International Rugby League fixture

Two - England and Wales are also playing a wheelchair international

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

14 hours ago, Futtocks said:

E4euvwoXEAAZsTM?format=jpg&name=small

The following facts come with the health warning - as far as I know.

Dr. Emma Lumley selected for the first time. Londoner, I think. Certainly from the South.

Georgia Wilson is a Cumbrian, I think from the Lake District.

Other than those two, I make it 9 from Lancashire and 8 from Yorkshire.

Chantelle Crowl was born in Toronto.

2 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Great to see at least one real International Rugby League fixture is on this weekend, got to presume England will be much stronger. The Women’s Super League team in Cardiff will make Wales stronger in time, but I’m not sure if they’ve played any/many games yet. It’s a real shame it’s not a stand a lone rep weekend across both the Southern and Northern Hemisphere. 

Wales played two games back in 2019.

Some people don`t like me addressing the PTB/rollball debacle, but it`s relevant to how this game will be played, so they can take a running jump.

The basic standards of the Wales women in the aforementioned two games were pretty good but, unsurprisingly for RU players, they struggled to play the ball competently and quickly.

If England players are allowed to use the rollball they will be able to play faster, gain an advantage, and the score will be more likely to blow out.

The ref could stop the English players cheating and ensure a fairer contest, but we know that`s unlikely to happen. So to give themselves the best chance of being competitive, the Welsh will also have to use the rollball.

I just had a look, and both on this evening's matches are being televised by Fox in Australia. More exposure - let's hope we have a couple of decent games.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pundit James Simpson's moustache does make him look a bit like Captain Darling from Blackadder.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Carrie Roberts with the first try, for England.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Great ankle-tap from Goldthorp to snuff out a very promising Welsh attack. Then she has a try disallowed at the other end.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

First women’s game in the flesh and I’m impressed. Tara Stanley 👌

Watch out for young Fran Goldthorp - if she gets the ball in a bit of space, she's a wonderful evasive runner. Danika Primm is doing all right as a pundit too.

Tara Jones gets England's second try. Horrible mix-up at a Welsh PTB, and she had nobody to stop her.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cunningham in for England under the posts. Wales have some good athletes, but the lack of experience is telling.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Try for Shona Hoyle - 20:0 with ktc.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

A slow start from England, which is something they need to address for the RWC. Wales are getting their first taste of the international game, so they should be aiming for whatever positives they can find.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

England clearly showing their class and experience against a game Welsh team.

Second live women's game of the day after the State of Origin this morning and terrific to see.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Archived