Fri 25 Jun: Womens Intl: England v Wales KO 18:00 (TV)

Who will win?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw
    • Wales by 1 to 6 points
    • Wales by 7 to 12 points
    • Wales by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/06/21 at 17:30

This game is the headline item on the BBC Sport home page.

The value of international Rugby League clearly demonstrated. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

5 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

It (and the All Stars game) was mentioned on all the Radio 5 sports bulletins during this afternoon's Kermode & Mayo film programme. Mind you, they are doing commentary for both games on Five Live Sports Extra, but club RL matches on that station have very rarely got this level of pre-publicity.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Welsh No.7, Davis/Davies is not somebody you want to try and run through.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, wilsontown said:

She's been outstanding, proper tackling.

And as soon as I mention her, she's down hurt.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

39 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

This, in a nutshell.

In a packed sporting  weekend, featuring the second largest football tournament on the planet, F1, England Cricket, tennis season etc, international RL (including the women's) is the main headline for a transient period

Some good tries in there again, enjoyed that. Biggest surprise to me though was when James Simpson started talking, I was certain he was an Aussie, he's the most Australian looking English man ever ha ha....I thought he spoke really well though.

1 minute ago, Mark S said:

You could see the Union influence in the Wales team. Bullet passes to players 1 metre away is never good.

Yeah it's always amusing to see ex RU players take ages getting their hands right so they can hammer a spin pass to someone right next to them.

I quite enjoyed the women’s game, but the standard and quality was poor, but maybe that’s more a reflection of where that part of the sport is at in its development and it was still entertaining.

To one of the points above, the game was lead story on the BBC website for a while which is fantastic. International RL brings so much value.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

I’d like to hear opinions on who stood out or impressed, for me Chantelle Crowl was really strong coming on from the bench. England’s bench we’re all very good.

Everything under the sun is in tune

But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

7 hours ago, BroncoFan said:

I’d like to see Wales next game be v France, also hoping Cardiff do well in the Super League South. They play their first match next weekend 

Since the Wales women`s team was formed a couple of years ago, I`ve thought their medium-term aim should be to play the French. Currently a game against England is too much of a step up. They did win a close game against the England Community women`s team in 2019. There`s women`s RL activity started in Ireland this year, so that could also be an avenue.

For England, they are too good for any Northern Hemisphere teams but a long way behind Aus and NZ. Only the Pacific Island teams are roughly at their level, as demonstrated by their games at the 2017 World Cup where they won a competitive game against PNG, lost narrowly to the Cook Islands, but were massacred by the Jillaroos and Kiwi Ferns.

Archived