Fri 25 Jun: Intl: England v Combined Nations All Stars KO 20:15 (TV)

Who will win?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw
    • Combined Nations All Stars by 1 to 6 points
    • Combined Nations All Stars by 7 to 12 points
    • Combined Nations All Stars by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/06/21 at 19:45

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s like the CNAS have turned up short and we’ve lent them a few, but it’s still an England game and I’ll have it switched on from the start! Time to move past the at times shambolic organisation and enjoy it.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Well I am going and looking forward to see how the players get on and I will even wear an England cap. Should be our WC starting spine anyway for me so should be fascinating 

With all the Broncos doom I am hoping this will be a cheerful experience. (not the M1/M6 journey of course). We usually eat in Chester when we've been to HJ before, any recommendations for a good food pub or restaurant in Warrington seeing as I'm pegging it up straight from work

11 minutes ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

It’s like the CNAS have turned up short and we’ve lent them a few, but it’s still an England game and I’ll have it switched on from the start! Time to move past the at times shambolic organisation and enjoy it.

Exactly my thought too. Its an England International and its a WC year. We need to be positive 

Combined Nations All Stars 19-player squad

Jake Connor (Hull FC), Kenny Edwards (Huddersfield Giants), Jackson Hastings (Wigan Warriors), Liam Kay (Wakefield Trinity), Kruise Leeming (Leeds Rhinos), Ricky Leutele (Huddersfield Giants), Peter Mata'utia (Castleford Tigers), Suaia Matagi (Castleford Tigers), Jermaine McGillvary (Huddersfield Giants), Junior Moors (Featherstone Rovers), Pauli Pauli (Salford Red Devils), Nathan Peats (Leigh Centurions), Matt Prior (Leeds Rhinos), Chris Satae (Hull FC), Andre Savelio (Hull FC), Aidan Sezer (Huddersfield Giants), Ken Sio (Salford Red Devils), Kelepi Tanginoa (Wakefield Trinity), Luke Yates (Huddersfield Giants)

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

24 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

all stars have nothing to lose in this game- i imagine they will play on individual instinct and throw the ball around a bit

While I don’t think it’s their strongest possible line up, the All Stars side looks stronger than England IMO. 

1 Jake Connor

2 Jermaine McGilvary

3 Peter Mata’utia

4 Ricky Leutele

5 Ken Sio

6 Jackson Hastings

7 Aidan Sezer 

8 Suaia Matagi

9 Kruise Leeming

10 Matt Prior

11 Kenny Edwards

12 Pauli Pauli

13 Luke Yates

14 Chris Satae

15 Andre Savelio

16 Kelepi Tanginoa 

17 Nathan Peats

18 Junior Moors

19 Liam Kay

Just now, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

While I don’t think it’s their strongest possible line up, the All Stars side looks stronger than England IMO. 

1 Jake Connor

2 Jermaine McGilvary

3 Peter Mata’utia

4 Ricky Leutele

5 Ken Sio

6 Jackson Hastings

7 Aidan Sezer 

8 Suaia Matagi

9 Kruise Leeming

10 Matt Prior

11 Kenny Edwards

12 Pauli Pauli

13 Luke Yates

14 Chris Satae

15 Andre Savelio

16 Kelepi Tanginoa 

17 Nathan Peats

18 Junior Moors

19 Liam Kay

Stronger than England hahaha 

we should all be getting really really exited about this game but as its got nearer its like a kid at christmas been told santa doesn't really exist and his parents were made redundant on xmas eve 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

For all the problems that's a decent All Stars line up. It's brilliant that Connor can go head to head against Tomkins I think that battle will be intriguing.

If Tim Sheens can get the All Stars motivated I think they'll provide the tough test Shaun Wane wanted...and maybe more than he wanted.

34 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

CNAS look like a middling Super League side and England ought to be 20 points better.

It'll be an interesting watch but only in an academic way; there's nothing to fire the passions, hence the failure to shift tickets. 

Should have played it at the LSV then 😉

2 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Well I am going and looking forward to see how the players get on and I will even wear an England cap. Should be our WC starting spine anyway for me so should be fascinating 

With all the Broncos doom I am hoping this will be a cheerful experience. (not the M1/M6 journey of course). We usually eat in Chester when we've been to HJ before, any recommendations for a good food pub or restaurant in Warrington seeing as I'm pegging it up straight from work

Hang on , you have a car ? , I thought you lot went everywhere by train ?

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

1 Jake Connor

2 Jermaine McGilvary

3 Peter Mata’utia

4 Ricky Leutele

5 Ken Sio

6 Jackson Hastings

7 Aidan Sezer 

8 Suaia Matagi

9 Kruise Leeming

10 Matt Prior

11 Kenny Edwards

12 Pauli Pauli

13 Luke Yates

14 Chris Satae

15 Andre Savelio

16 Kelepi Tanginoa 

17 Nathan Peats

18 Junior Moors

19 Liam Kay

It's beyond me why English players are in the Combined Nations team

I think this is a very important game for a couple of reasons.

Firstly it is attitude.  By the end of the Bennett reign (the GB tour) the players looked like they weren't fired up... I won't say not interested but it was close.

If Wane is intending to bring the passion back it has to start here. It may be makeshift opposition but if they are playing for world cup places he has to get them fired up.

Secondly, I would expect Tomkins and Lomax to be 1 and 6 at the World Cup and maybe Gale will get the nod at 7. This is an important game to see if we can get the shift plays right and look dangerous in combinations.

I would go England by quite a few points as it should matter to them more.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

The whole thing ended up a bit of a farce but tbf the final squad is decent enough and should give England a good game.

It just perhaps depends what motivation is like. Some of the English eligible players in the squad will see this as a great opportunity to strengthen their case for the world cup squad.

Archived