Fri 25 Jun: Intl: England v Combined Nations All Stars KO 20:15 (TV)

Who will win?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw
    • Combined Nations All Stars by 1 to 6 points
    • Combined Nations All Stars by 7 to 12 points
    • Combined Nations All Stars by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/06/21 at 19:45

50 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

"you lot"? Northerners are so prejudiced 😁

We are a group so it's cheaper and on this occasion maybe easier though I hope the traffic will be Coviddy....

There's more than one of you ? 😱

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

While I don’t think it’s their strongest possible line up, the All Stars side looks stronger than England IMO. 

1 Jake Connor

2 Jermaine McGilvary

3 Peter Mata’utia

4 Ricky Leutele

5 Ken Sio

6 Jackson Hastings

7 Aidan Sezer 

8 Suaia Matagi

9 Kruise Leeming

10 Matt Prior

11 Kenny Edwards

12 Pauli Pauli

13 Luke Yates

14 Chris Satae

15 Andre Savelio

16 Kelepi Tanginoa 

17 Nathan Peats

18 Junior Moors

19 Liam Kay

It's a fairly handy side, especially in the spine, but not better than what England should be putting out.

Would certainly beat any other Northern hemisphere side convincingly.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

16 hours ago, yipyee said:

When the clowns on this forum think that this group of rejects are better than France hahaha

2 hours ago, MZH said:

That side would beat France handily.

Yipyee reckons France would batter England Knights, despite all the evidence suggesting otherwise. But everyone else is a clown. 

Just now, Dave T said:

I assume flying people in from France wasn't a preferred option. 

Isn't this why Davies & Tomkins are driving over for England, I doubt others would do the same for a select team such as the Combined Nations

7 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Isn't this why Davies & Tomkins are driving over for England, I doubt others would do the same for a select team such as the Combined Nations

And you wouldn't expect them too. Its just an invitational team, we don't need to read any more into it. In a World Cup year I'd expect any England potential to do whatever they could to aid selection. 

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

And you wouldn't expect them too. Its just an invitational team, we don't need to read any more into it. In a World Cup year I'd expect any England potential to do whatever they could to aid selection. 

Yep. The more I think about this. A probables v possibles would have been a lot more useful for England’s preparations given the circumstances, maybe one for the future if there’s no other opposition available

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Yep. The more I think about this. A probables v possibles would have been a lot more useful for England’s preparations given the circumstances, maybe one for the future if there’s no other opposition available

I quite like the use of some England players in the squad, despite initial reservations. It could work well if they stick with it. 

Spoiler alert: they won't. 

Lose, lose for England, this. They win and it’s “look at who they were playing, that was a terrible Exiles squad, the exiles didn’t have time to gel” etc and should England lose, well, they lose and they’ll get a load of stick before the World Cup. 

45 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Lose, lose for England, this. They win and it’s “look at who they were playing, that was a terrible Exiles squad, the exiles didn’t have time to gel” etc and should England lose, well, they lose and they’ll get a load of stick before the World Cup. 

People are gonna moan, they already are, instead of just going doing something they may enjoy. 

In the meantime, Wane will learn a fair bit about certain players in advance of the WC. 

2 hours ago, Moove said:

England medics have ruled Walmsley out. Apparently he hasn't recovered from the knee injury he picked up against Wire (think hes done something similar a couple of times now tbh)

I'm not sure Walmsey is playing as well this season.

6 hours ago, Dave T said:

I quite like the use of some England players in the squad, despite initial reservations. It could work well if they stick with it. 

Spoiler alert: they won't. 

I read that there have been emergency meetings this afternoon between the RFL and some SL clubs.

(on the Yorkshire  Live website)

9 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

I'm not sure Walmsey is playing as well this season.

Yeah he's looked a bit lethargic recently and seems to be missing more tackles. Still made more metres than any other prop this season I think so hopefully he can sort out any niggles he's carrying.

8 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

What about if it turns out to be an exciting competetive game which England win? 

And some fans who are there and on the telly enjoy the game? 

Then the England team have gained experience of working together and with their coach in a real game? 

Then it has given us a better chance of doing well in the WC in a few months? 

Still an overall loss over not doing it? 

19 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

What about if it turns out to be an exciting competetive game which England win? 

And some fans who are there and on the telly enjoy the game? 

Then the England team have gained experience of working together and with their coach in a real game? 

Then it has given us a better chance of doing well in the WC in a few months? 

Still an overall loss over not doing it? 

It’ll be seen as a lose, lose. It’s rugby league, it could be a 6-4 battle of attrition or an open 46-38 and people will moan about defence. It’s the Rugby League way. 

25 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

It’ll be seen as a lose, lose. It’s rugby league, it could be a 6-4 battle of attrition or an open 46-38 and people will moan about defence. It’s the Rugby League way. 

I'm aware we love a moan in our game. I finally got to watch my club  of 30 years play a post Covid home match this Sunday only to see it doesn't really exist properly any more 

I'm going to watch England play rugby league in 2 more sleeps. I need some positivity right now HW! 

12 hours ago, Dave T said:

Yipyee reckons France would batter England Knights, despite all the evidence suggesting otherwise. But everyone else is a clown. 

They would, and theres no evidence...

Same as some people think Australia are unbeatable but yet Tonga beat them and Tonga arent even a tier 1 nation!

Archived