Fri 25 Jun: Intl: England v Combined Nations All Stars KO 20:15 (TV)

Who will win?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw
    • Combined Nations All Stars by 1 to 6 points
    • Combined Nations All Stars by 7 to 12 points
    • Combined Nations All Stars by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/06/21 at 19:45

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Scubby said:

2009 - 34-12 in the 4 nations when they led 12-4 at half time.

Twice then 😉

Within a competitive tournament with some kind of prestige, they seem to be able to get themselves up for it. The WC results were 34-6 and 36-6, so not too bad. 

Are we going to set up a proper tournament for them to enter though? Track record says no.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

2 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

Dare I say the English players in the all stars team were better than their counterparts. I know it's a friendly but how can the allstars seem more up for it than England.

I thought Savelio in particular did his England hopes a power of good.

6 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

You obviously don’t know what a test centre looks like.

Though they didn’t win there was a few good performances in there today and Lyne was one of them. What’s wrong with acknowledging it instead of slagging a player off. 

he’s a player who isn’t naturally gifted. He’s worked very hard to overcome his shortfalls. 

we can just agree to disagree on Lyne.

there were a few good performances today.

Thought Makinson, Knowles were also good. Oledski I thought went well.

Thought Tomkins wasn’t great. Rachford didn’t contribute much I thought. 

1 minute ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Twice then 😉

Within a competitive tournament with some kind of prestige, they seem to be able to get themselves up for it. The WC results were 34-6 and 36-6, so not too bad. 

Are we going to set up a proper tournament for them to enter though? Track record says no.

France have only themselves to blame - they failed to beat Scotland and Wales and missed out on the 2011 and 2016 4 Nations. They will probably be more competitive in the WC with Trent Robinson involved.

26 minutes ago, Trojan Horse said:

That would be great if Connor wasn’t a couple of yards in front of the players it hit lol. 

His fingers bent. Never seen a try and you can’t really excuse decisions like that from VR.

I don't agree with it and I'm not excusing it. I'm pointing out a *possible* reason for it. Like I said, it would be good to have the video ref mic'd up so we could understand the reasoning. As it is, we'll never know.

6 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

That would be the Liam Kay averaging two tries. game at present🤨 Try and think before you post, France could only wish for a French winger as prolific as Kay.

Give up.   Kay's garbage.  Several French wingers better.  Olpherts is the top meter maker should he be lining up for England?

Yaha and Kay have scored 6 tries a piece this season, by the way.  If you like your stats compare mrtres made and clean breaks between the two and come back to me.  Try and think before you post.

I am sure Shaun Wane has got something from this match whatever else anyone thinks. Unfortunately I imagine that he’s found a little more about what he is up against and what doesn’t work.  Main concern would surely be the halves.

My opinion, for what it is worth, discounting those like Currie playing out of position, I would only pencil in Tomkins, Makinson, Cooper, Oledzki, Farrell, Bateman, Clark and Knowles for a World Cup squad and some of that is based on previous performances. The debutants perhaps need another outing, hard for them when the team perform like this overall.

Fair bit of talent missing tonight, the NRL stars, Lomax, Johnstone, Williams, Widdop, Gildart and Walmsley. 

There will be some bolters yet possibly Welsby, Trueman. 

Hastings, Connor and Savelio might end up getting a call yet 🤔

Just now, ShropshireBull said:

There's a lot wrong with NH RL but I never got the dislike of the commentators and when they are on the golden point podcast they come across fine.  

My family (who aren't from the north) think they sound like buffoons whenever I have the rugby on TV.

1 minute ago, Saint 1 said:

Probably not given he's been healthy, but that combined with the jet lag from a flight from Australia and the fact his contact skills are likely off given the fact he hasn't played, is probably enough of a combination to see him miss out.

Valid points but he’d still have been a better option than Gale who along with his halves partner were awful 

1 minute ago, ShropshireBull said:

And I am from Shropshire and think they are fine so not really sure we can make a definitive statement.  

You and I have a vested interest as we know them as players. My family don't follow RL and just laugh at how Yorkshire news it sounds.

Just now, ShropshireBull said:

Fair enough.  I think that the fact England games are paywalled is a bigger problem then the accents of our commentators . 

This game was better behind a paywall. In what way did it promote the WC? Half-baked, small stadium, no fans, England lose to a last minute thrown together 17.

English players who probably increased their chances of a World Cup spot: Oledzki and Knowles.

Players I thought they did pretty well: Cooper, Farrell & McShane.

No surprise that these are all forwards as I thought the halves were pretty poor and while hard working the backs not particularly potent.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

8 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

And I am from Shropshire and think they are fine so not really sure we can make a definitive statement.  

I'm from north Wales and have lived down south for about 10 years and equally have no issue with Baz or Tez. As you said earlier, there are bigger obstacles to overcome in RL in the UK than the commentators, which has become a rather predictable and tired argument

2 minutes ago, Saint 1 said:

Agreed, but then it was probably intended for Lomax to be the dominant half until his injury. Also we already know Williams is a good player, perhaps there's more benefit to Wane seeing how some of his other options go! 

Well he now knows he has 2 less options I suppose.

5 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

English players who probably increased their chances of a World Cup spot: Oledzki and Knowles.

Players I thought they did pretty well: Cooper, Farrell & McShane.

No surprise that these are all forwards as I thought the halves were pretty poor and while hard working the backs not particularly potent.

Farrell,Oledzki & Knowles all very good,McShane was ok but I’d still have him behind Roby,Clark & Hodgson,Cooper has had his day for me.

Archived