Fri 25 Jun: Intl: England v Combined Nations All Stars KO 20:15 (TV)

Who will win?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw
    • Combined Nations All Stars by 1 to 6 points
    • Combined Nations All Stars by 7 to 12 points
    • Combined Nations All Stars by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/06/21 at 19:45

4 minutes ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

Agreed - it is absolutely all about opinions. Good point, and you are 100% correct. Something a few others on here should be mindful of. 

A load of England fans on here were of the opinion that they would easily run over a bunch of ex-NRL rejects by the widest of margins. 

Some people might say that holding that opinion was quite arrogant, and had very little foundation in reality.

By some you really mean you.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

Nah. 

I meant some people, like I wrote. 

😀

Yet your the only one calling people’s opinions in a match prediction poll arrogant,but you carry on trolling.

5 minutes ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

Nah. 

I meant some people, like I wrote. 

😀

So, I want to use this tactic on the next game thread.  I think I have got it right but please help me out if I haven't got the technique down perfectly.

1. Make no prediction on how the game will turn out.

2. Wait for the game to end.

3. Pretend that you knew how it was going to turn out all the time.

4. Call those who got the prediction wrong arrogant and lacking in RL knowledge.

Have I got those steps right?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just now, Davo5 said:

Yet your the only one calling people’s opinions in a match prediction poll arrogant,but you carry on trolling.

Not trolling at all.

34% of respondents (let's call it like it is... England fans) said they would beat the AllStars Combined Nations team by the widest score possible.

Not only were they wrong, but they saw their national team actually get beat by a scratch team thrown together with virtually no preparation.

Based on those facts, I actually do think there is some misplaced arrogance in there! 👍🏽

21 minutes ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

Not trolling at all.

34% of respondents (let's call it like it is... England fans) said they would beat the AllStars Combined Nations team by the widest score possible.

Not only were they wrong, but they saw their national team actually get beat by a scratch team thrown together with virtually no preparation.

Based on those facts, I actually do think there is some misplaced arrogance in there! 👍🏽

And 32% thought they’d lose so hardly arrogance,they simply got it wrong,that tends to happen when fans try & predict scores at sporting events.

The second part of your post is just blatant trolling so I’ll leave you to it.

8 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

The problem with McGilvary is pace; same with Hall. What they had is gone. And we need pace on the wings. It’s why Johnstone is a massive loss if he doesn’t play as he’s a good ball carrier, excellent finishing ability, good under the high ball and tonnes of speed. 

Agree re Johnstone.  Most complete winger in the country, but has no luck with injuries.

I like Davies too.  Mackinson is okay, wont let anyone down.

But beyond that I think its fairly slim pickings.  

Hall was never that  quick,  but used Puget attributes and is playing some quality stuff at the moment.  I spose my point is I would have him above Mcgilvary for a world cup this year and i doubt Mcgilvary is that far down the pecking order.

On 25/06/2021 at 18:18, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Absolutely shocking Saints are withdrawing/holding back players left right and centre when Saints don’t even have a game this weekend. Leeds, Warrington and Wigan all have 5? Players in this game as well as a club match this weekend and they haven’t withdrawn players.

Yeah disgraceful that the Wigan Doctor and the former Wigan coach would withdraw 2 Saints players 🤣

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Not much to be learned from that England performance really as a large proportion of those players wont be in an England shirt come the WC.

Tomkins has probably staked his claim to the No 1 shirt despite being caught out of position a couple of times, and Connor probably hasn't improved his chances at all. For all the good things he did in attack he was an absolute turnstile in defence doing a pretty good imitation of a statue for a couple of the England try's.

Davis did OK but Hopefully Wane has learned that Makinson is a Right sided winger and should be played there not on the left. One of his biggest assets is when he runs right to left as he's got a good right hand fend & left foot step that takes him through gaps. Playing him on the left nullifies this part of his game. McGilvray hasn't lost his strength near the line but jeeze he's lost all his pace, it was a bit embarrassing being easily run down by a hooker like that.

Both centres & halves definately wont be playing there in the WC, completely ineffective throughout, though Currie should still be there as a back-rower.

The starting pack come the WC is likely to look very different, in fact probably only Bateman & Knowles are likely to keep a spot once they bring in Walmsley, Burgess, Thompson, Sutton, Roby & Whitehead. Farrell probably boosted his chances of a squad place but I doubt he'll displace Whitehead in the starting back-row. Similarly I think Oledski, Cooper & Clarke may also get a squad place. 

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Archived