Rochdale hornets

clifford

Have clearly stolen a march by giving tickets to amateur clubs in oldham.

Could follow that they are growing their fan base.

Did not think that you could encroach into another pro club catchment area.

Hot on the heels of the signing of Chase 

Andy Mazy has playeda blinder

On 23/06/2021 at 09:12, Joe 90 said:

Its not a short term fix @ Hornets.  Current results are not totally relevant to the club strategy. RL needs more people with the vision of Andy Mazey and his very talented board.  

At least you're trying to move in the right direction, unfortunately for us we're not trying anything at all. 

11 hours ago, FailsworthYed said:

At least you're trying to move in the right direction, unfortunately for us we're not trying anything at all. 

The Championship is a tough gig but its the place to be, let's hope Roughyeds maintain their place and that the board are preparing or life after the Sky money runs out.

@cliffordI should expand on what I was saying, it seems you're confused. 

My point is simply, Oldham aren't doing enough to promote rugby within the community. I know times are difficult at the moment but surely offering local children the opportunity to watch the roughyeds for free would be a start?

Rochdale also did their bit in getting the England vs Fiji game at Spotland in October. I bought four tickets for it, and as you need track and trace info for each member of your party, all four of those have ended up on Hornets’ mailing list. Just small things, but Andy Mazey looks like he knows what he’s doing, and despite their current injury woes, the club looks to be going in the right direction.

The fact they’re giving away free tickets to Oldham amateur clubs whilst Roughyeds play out of the borough with shrinking gates should get alarm bells ringing.

12 minutes ago, OL14.yeds said:

I bought four tickets for it, and as you need track and trace info for each member of your party, all four of those have ended up on Hornets’ mailing list.

If that's what they've done, that's a straight GDPR violation right there.

14 minutes ago, OL14.yeds said:

Rochdale also did their bit in getting the England vs Fiji game at Spotland in October. I bought four tickets for it, and as you need track and trace info for each member of your party, all four of those have ended up on Hornets’ mailing list. Just small things, but Andy Mazey looks like he knows what he’s doing, and despite their current injury woes, the club looks to be going in the right direction.

The fact they’re giving away free tickets to Oldham amateur clubs whilst Roughyeds play out of the borough with shrinking gates should get alarm bells ringing.

Absolutely should, but I'm not sure it will. I'm really uneasy about the future 

19 minutes ago, Luke Harrison said:

Buyers can opt out of the mailing list. 

I'm pretty certain, under GDPR ,you have to opt in!? You can no longer assume that people are willing to accept unsolicited e-mails just because they have purchased something. And, you have to be specific about what you are sending them ie. Are your happy for us to send you emails regarding your purchase ?Y/N. Are you happy for us to let you know about future promotions? Y/N. Etc.

19 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

I'm pretty certain, under GDPR ,you have to opt in!? You can no longer assume that people are willing to accept unsolicited e-mails just because they have purchased something. And, you have to be specific about what you are sending them ie. Are your happy for us to send you emails regarding your purchase ?Y/N. Are you happy for us to let you know about future promotions? Y/N. Etc.

You’re correct - which is what is on the hornets ticketing website. I was wrong in the original post and have edited for accuracy. 

Hats of to Rochdale they are doing some great stuff at the moment building the club.

Womens team

Wheelchair team

Links with Hopwood Hall

Links with their community

Playing in a staduium in their home town

Our club? 

Built on sand. Its Tragic

Also remember not too long ago Rochdale had a change in ownership. Pretty sure people were saying if the then owners walked their would be no club.

27 minutes ago, herbie said:

Also remember not too long ago Rochdale had a change in ownership. Pretty sure people were saying if the then owners walked their would be no club.

I might be wrong, and stand to be corrected, but weren't the previous owners a committee led by fans, rather than "owners" as such? I seem to remember there being a call for us to go down that route, that this is the way forward!

The number one question is who's got the readies? Remember, not so long ago, York were in trouble, ground problems and an owner who had lost the respect of the fans. Now look at them. Newcastle, owner with cash. Rochdale, same.

Where are we going to get someone willing to put in the money?

1 minute ago, tandle said:

there is not a cat in hells chance  of any body in their right mind  putting money into oldham.

just go to oldhams  accounts and you will see why

I’d hazard a guess no worse than most clubs and probably better than York and hornets pre takeovers. 

Still looks unlikely tho! 

3 minutes ago, OL14.yeds said:

Through a series of ticketing offers and targeting local schools, Barrow got over 3000 in today.

No chance of Hamilton doing that, he'd have done it already if he was going to. Well done to the clubs that are trying to reach out to the community. 

On 27/06/2021 at 21:43, OL14.yeds said:

Through a series of ticketing offers and targeting local schools, Barrow got over 3000 in today.

Roughly 700 paying, I hear, and a very understanding local authority.
What is the Covid capacity of Bower Fold?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived