1895 Cup Final

Yorkie-Girl

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 04/07/2021 at 07:17, Nige Arro said:

I think it's on the horror channel.....

The second AB Sundecks 1895 Cup Final, between Featherstone Rovers and York City Knights at Wembley on Saturday July 17, will be shown live by the BBC on the red button and iPlayer.

On 23/06/2021 at 16:08, Yorkie-Girl said:

Does anyone know if the game is going to be televised for us unlucky fans who are unable to go to Wembley?

channel 981 on sky if you want to record the match.

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

Robert Hicks will referee the 1895 Cup Final between Featherstone Rovers and York City Knights at Wembley Stadium on Saturday. The 1895 Cup Final will not have a video referee with Mike Smaill and Nick Bennett the appointed in-goal officials.

3 hours ago, POR said:

Robert Hicks will referee the 1895 Cup Final between Featherstone Rovers and York City Knights at Wembley Stadium on Saturday. The 1895 Cup Final will not have a video referee with Mike Smaill and Nick Bennett the appointed in-goal officials.

They may as well save some money and only have one in-goal official, only one end will be troubled each half.

40 minutes ago, Peter G. said:

Fev also looking at past loanees?

Lewis is eligible, despite returning to Hull KR nearly 6 weeks ago, whereas Dagger, who has been at Fev for over five weeks, isn't - that's because Lewis was on York's books at the time of the deadline shortly before the semi final, whereas Dagger wasn't.

That said, taking into account the spirit of the law rather than the letter, you'd wonder if there might be some leeway to allow Dagger to play (assuming he's Covid-free) given Fev seem to be struggling to raise a team at all.

What's the minimum number of players a team can have? I remember us going to Toulouse with 15.

If they've got 13 fit/covid free, then name the physio and the coach on the bench if they have to. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

3 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

What's the minimum number of players a team can have? I remember us going to Toulouse with 15.

If they've got 13 fit/covid free, then name the physio and the coach on the bench if they have to. 

I was wondering that too. But with temperatures of 26 degrees forecast for London on Saturday, the prospect of playing a RL final at the game's current pace without a bench raises definite player welfare issues, not to mention the possibility of an unedifying spectacle if a couple of injuries occurred.

17 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I was wondering that too. But with temperatures of 26 degrees forecast for London on Saturday, the prospect of playing a RL final at the game's current pace without a bench raises definite player welfare issues, not to mention the possibility of an unedifying spectacle if a couple of injuries occurred.

Yeah cos it was freezing in Toulouse when York went over there for the play-offs with just 13 players.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

IF the game was being played tonight FEV could field a team but they have to follow RFL protocol and get everybody retested tonight before  they can list a squad  for saturday and  Fev have not trained for the last 10 days barring the Captain's last saturday morning run so   those at the club who  have recently tested positive won't have had much contact with the rest of the squad.

6 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

Yeah cos it was freezing in Toulouse when York went over there for the play-offs with just 13 players.

12 in the end wasn't it?

I seem to remember Presley being at 6 & 7 on the team sheet.

Good news for for Fev this deadly disease is reeking havoc all over the globe, just hope we can do our self's justice and give you a good game?

Good luck Y.C.K. ( WE WILL NEED IT)

2 hours ago, yck2017 said:

Good news for for Fev this deadly disease is reeking havoc all over the globe, just hope we can do our self's justice and give you a good game?

Good luck Y.C.K. ( WE WILL NEED IT)

I suspect when you see the Fev team the question might switch to whether Fev can give York a game, especially as Fev haven't trained in 2 weeks bar the captain's run pre-Widnes.

4 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I suspect when you see the Fev team the question might switch to whether Fev can give York a game, especially as Fev haven't trained in 2 weeks bar the captain's run pre-Widnes.

Come on their semi pro's and play week in week out😀😀😀

Archived