1895 Cup Final

Yorkie-Girl

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, AB Knight said:

Can’t fault the attack - 34 Points at most teams would win a trophy 99% of the time. The defence is atrocious though. Sorry, unreal fans, support the lads, York till I die etc. But the Fordy ‘body’s on the line’ defence has somewhat disappeared this year and it’s sad to see. 

Mikey Lewis by far the motm. 

Ah well....come on Cas!

Shocked by Knights following really expected more but at least them that did go saw plenty of points.

40 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Shocked by Knights following really expected more but at least them that did go saw plenty of points.

There were a lot of so called Knights fans said they wouldn't go to see them get hammered and not even score, I enjoyed the day meeting true Knights fans and well done to the players for having a go and giving 100 %

17 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

There were a lot of so called Knights fans said they wouldn't go to see them get hammered and not even score, I enjoyed the day meeting true Knights fans and well done to the players for having a go and giving 100 %

A true Knight 👍

18 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Good job we didn't think that in 83 lol.

Shame we can't get the amount today at home games.

Good day out. I’m pleased we didn’t just roll over and thought in attack we didn’t just do 5 drives and a kick. Special mention to BJB who I’ve been really critical of in recent weeks, he did well today. I hope him and York can push on and pick up a much needed win next Sunday. 

46 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Absolute classic. Well done both teams. Fev fan

Loved it. Had to work today; hottest day of the year too. Just watched it on iPlayer. Foot in both camps. Shouting for both teams!  Championship beats SL hands down. Looking forward to a pint in the Top house when the kneets come to town. Well played the Rovers. JD my man of the match.

I thought we all so a great game of rugby yesterday especially for the neutrals  helped by FEV letting in some uncharacteristic sloppy tries  and York bringing their A game to the final but I thought we were always in control and could shift up a gear when needed 12-10 and 22-22 comes to mind

Having said that Now the dust has settled I take two things out of the cup final first once again disappointed with the RFL treating the championship as second class citizens NO VIDEO REF  in a cup final when quite clearly one was needed for one of the tries It's not like they would have to bring someone in  for the game they were already there  sat in the stands waiting for the CC final

The second is Joe summers who said when we signed him “I’m really excited to have signed for Featherstone, I’m hoping to prove myself in the first team and secure my spot week in, week out. Unfortunately a foot injury kept him out for months until he finally made his debut and not any old debut a debut in a cup final at wembley 

That's what rugby league DREAMS are made of  and long may they continue

Absolutely enjoyed the whole day and credit to both team's for getting the game on and putting on a great game of rugby league,hope this will be a springboard for the rest of the season for the knights,hope we can keep lewis for the rest of season he his different class,nice to come on here and actually give praise to the players ,obviously still got issues with our defence and will give a lot of credit to BJB who had one of his best games for knights

First of all a big thank you to both teams for a great game in such heat. I echo POR's comments about FEV's ability to up their game when needed. But York's tackling was woeful at times especially near their own line, you could see Saint's in their gameplay were two in the tackle every time, one up,one down, not one tackler easily pushed off or evaded.

Anyway onward and upward, now to Swinton. 

45 minutes ago, Acasterknight said:

First of all a big thank you to both teams for a great game in such heat. I echo POR's comments about FEV's ability to up their game when needed. But York's tackling was woeful at times especially near their own line, you could see Saint's in their gameplay were two in the tackle every time, one up,one down, not one tackler easily pushed off or evaded.

Anyway onward and upward, now to Swinton. 

Needs some serious work. I’m not sure what it is, just tiredness from playing so many games this season, older players who aren’t as agile, a lack of hunger from some. For me there seems a huge issue of ‘you do it.’ In most of our games you see Jubb or Scott or someone grab hold of an opposition player, it needs a second and even third player to come in and complete but it doesn’t happen and they wriggle free or offload. Same with breaks, we’ve actually made a lot this season but those making breaks seem to have lost a yard of pace, in the past that wouldn’t have mattered as you’d have Connor or Batchelor supporting. This season most of the time we just watch as a winger or fullback makes a break without anyone supporting him.

But defence does needs sorting, the pessimist in me says our tackling style probably won’t change this season with the squad we’ve got so hopefully our attack (which is looking better) can score enough to get enough victories and ensure safety. It’s the old Kevin Keegan style, you score 4 we’ll score 5.

A big off season needed recruitment and training wise. All in my opinion of course!

Onto Swinton....

22 hours ago, Andy Knight said:

Enjoyed the game if not the result.
In that heat big kudos to both sides for putting on a great spectacle and playing for the full 80. Yes defensively both sides were not the best but you can’t knock either side for effort. 

Unlucky Knights, there were signs of what we can do with ball in hand if only we could sort that defence out. 

Congratulations to Fev on the win. 

I couldn't have summed it up better!!

Congrats to both teams for a fantastic game , not a fan of John Kear but on a couple of occasions he praised the Championship for the skill level on show.

Fev to beat TO in the Grand Final and promoted , TO don't do cup so Knights could be back next year playing Leigh. 🙂

Whatever happens from now to the end of the season. Yesterday could be a day where your season starts. York kept going to the end, when in that heat it was easier to wave the white flag. It takes 2 teams to create a game like yesterdays. Well done and good luck for the rest of the season.

10 hours ago, AB Knight said:

Needs some serious work. I’m not sure what it is, just tiredness from playing so many games this season, older players who aren’t as agile, a lack of hunger from some. For me there seems a huge issue of ‘you do it.’ In most of our games you see Jubb or Scott or someone grab hold of an opposition player, it needs a second and even third player to come in and complete but it doesn’t happen and they wriggle free or offload. Same with breaks, we’ve actually made a lot this season but those making breaks seem to have lost a yard of pace, in the past that wouldn’t have mattered as you’d have Connor or Batchelor supporting. This season most of the time we just watch as a winger or fullback makes a break without anyone supporting him.

But defence does needs sorting, the pessimist in me says our tackling style probably won’t change this season with the squad we’ve got so hopefully our attack (which is looking better) can score enough to get enough victories and ensure safety. It’s the old Kevin Keegan style, you score 4 we’ll score 5.

A big off season needed recruitment and training wise. All in my opinion of course!

Onto Swinton....

`Well we should have a few quid to spend as we have  not paid out winning pay much this season so far

The bar has now been set.

That's the York I've missed watching since fans have returned this season. There was passion, there was effort and there was pride in our shirt from every man on that pitch. 

Although we never really looked like winning and seemed to be chasing Fev rather than leading the game, I saw a team that did not give up and kept going, making the scoreline look very respectable under the arch rather than the complete embarrassment it could have been. I can quite happily say well done to Fev, who were the better side. Any other team bar Fev and Toulouse yesterday and we win comfortably. I have no issues with yesterday (defensive lapses aside) 

So the bar has now been set.

I expect that level of effort for the rest of the season. I personally said I'd happily never see BJB in a York shirt ever again. I thought he had been lazy and poor this season. Yesterday was his best game in a York shirt. Hopefully it's not just because it was Wembley, I hope him and others keep it up. Our next three games see us play teams we've already beaten this season. Let's get a few wins so we aren't worrying about having to look over our shoulders anymore and have a respectable end to the season. 

Final two points

Mikey Lewis, what a bloke. Shame we haven't had him all season. 
Brining's 'try'. That's a big big LOL. Would have loved the outrage from the Fev fans if we had won with that being awarded!

Jason Bass Fan Club - member #001

34 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Really really enjoyed the occasion. Had a good drink with good friends. Shame there was one missing. Beaten by a better side but not disgraced

Agree with three of your sentences Deano. As for the fourth one, there were a few friends l knew of who were missing and definately couldnt make it. But apart from that, l think l might just alter that sentence to " shame there was one thousand  missing ". 

I can't help but feel that if we'd been having the much hoped for good season up there in the top four that we may have taken a few more coaches. But each to his own.

You've got to applaud all players after that game. No wonder why it was such a high scoring game, tackling in that weather must have really taken it out of everybody. 

Surprised it was never split into 4 x 20's. 

I wouldn't be too hard on your season, I think it's been a tough season for a lot of teams. Getting back into the groove, a high amount of injuries, covid, no fans, etc. 

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

3 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

I wouldn't be too hard on your season, I think it's been a tough season for a lot of teams. Getting back into the groove, a high amount of injuries, covid, no fans, etc. 

Hopefully the removal of the six again rule will help this. I feel that it tires teams out far too quickly which then leads to further injuries. If my maths are right we've had ten different half back pairings this season and we are only just over the halfway mark. 

Hopefully just give ourselves a few more wins so we don't have to worry about Oldham catching us and then we can focus on learning from this season's mistakes and preparing for next season. 

Jason Bass Fan Club - member #001

10 hours ago, Toby The Tram said:

Hopefully the removal of the six again rule will help this. I feel that it tires teams out far too quickly which then leads to further injuries. If my maths are right we've had ten different half back pairings this season and we are only just over the halfway mark. 

Hopefully just give ourselves a few more wins so we don't have to worry about Oldham catching us and then we can focus on learning from this season's mistakes and preparing for next season. 

I don't think you will have to win as many as you think oldham have to play the five teams just above you dewsbury on 9 to newcastle on 11  with york on 8 they all can't win🤣 plus they have to play london TO and FEV 

Archived