Price PC blunder

It was clearly not meant in a derogatory way towards any particular group of individuals but on the assumption it was used in the way it would be generally interpreted by a UK based audience then a swift apology for any offence caused and a formal but quiet word in the ear from someone like Karl Fitzpatrick should suffice, before we all move on with our lives. Reminds me of the Cavani incident in football more than Clubb in RL.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, giasf said:

It was clearly not meant in a derogatory way towards any particular group of individuals but on the assumption it was used in the way it would be generally interpreted by a UK based audience then a swift apology for any offence caused and a formal but quiet word in the ear from someone like Karl Fitzpatrick should suffice, before we all move on with our lives. Reminds me of the Cavani incident in football more than Clubb in RL.

Not disagreeing with what you say but didn’t Cavani get a three game ban?

Just now, Hela Wigmen said:

Not disagreeing with what you say but didn’t Cavani get a three game ban?

Yes -- which was utterly ridiculous. I hope this situation doesn't result any sort of similar outcome.

4 minutes ago, Keith989 said:

This is one of the worst things I've ever seen in my life. He should be jailed for at least 3 years

Bring back the death penalty. I’d have thought an apology would suffice, and I expect he’d mean it too (as opposed to various other celebrity apologies) because I can’t imagine he meant it to be offensive whatsoever. 

Ben Blackmore made a daft crass racist comment that was meant to be a joke.... taking the pizz out of a mate. He got roasted on this very forum. He got what he deserved. 

A term used to describe people with learning disabilities that is beyond the pale, that I put along side the N & P words, is been trivialised and brushed aside as just aussie slang, even though aussies using this forum offer no evidence that this is the case.

Again, the feelings and emotions of people with LD and the indifference towards their feelings is astonishing.

I despair. I really do.

3 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Ben Blackmore made a daft crass racist comment that was meant to be a joke.... taking the pizz out of a mate. He got roasted on this very forum. He got what he deserved. 

A term used to describe people with learning disabilities that is beyond the pale, that I put along side the N & P words, is been trivialised and brushed aside as just aussie slang, even though aussies using this forum offer no evidence that this is the case.

Again, the feelings and emotions of people with LD and the indifference towards their feelings is astonishing.

I despair. I really do.

Because it’s a very marginalised and vulnerable group with little to no voice in society that encourages idiots to make idiot remarks.

2 hours ago, Damien said:

I completely agree with this. I was actually thinking of the Clubb incident too.

Clubb got 8 matches for something that was in the heat of the moment  when he himself had been insulted.  His word was a simple geographical term. No doubt it's alright to despise Americans as 'yanks'...   So if Clubb should get 8 games for  effectively nothing then 'if' Price used a derogatory word for Downs Syndrome should get 16.  IF.

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

I’m not excusing him, and I haven’t invented anyone. Stop being so hysterical. 

You've been deflecting and building straw men to attack rather than just dealing in the reality that he's said something pretty bad here.

You're more concerned with some hypothetical social justice warrior demanding he faces the "death penalty" than confronting the issue at hand. I find it such a strange reaction and makes me question whether you do actually think what he said is wrong.

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

Archived