Workington game

HP Beans

Definitely the biggest test of the season. 

That said, I do not think that it will define the season. Because of the injuries that we have Town will not have not have a better chance to beat us. I am confident that our all round strength will see us through in the long run

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

I wouldn't be surprised if one or two who missed last week are available this week. The two new signings will also make a huge difference, psychologically at least. 

I'm now looking forward to the possibility of us, at some point this season, naming a squad with three sets of brothers in. 

That might be a first for us! 

The barrow squad looks a lot more experienced than the town squad IMO with a lot of these playing pro rugby for a number of years compared to the 6 or 7 in the town squad who probably haven’t had a full season under their belts yet (Henson lightowler Dawson O’Brien fitzsimmons Goulding come to mind). With that in mind and home advantage barrow start favourites for me in this one

First half we were great though we were gona come out and blitz em. Maybe we got to complacent We are missing a few first choice players. But fair play to town for their second half performance. Great to see so many in craven park the ground has got a great buzz about it at the moment. 

Jarrad Stack, Declan Hulme, Ben Harrison, Gary Wheeler, Jordan Walne, Mark Tyson Hakim Moulidi, Ryan Shaw all missing so to be fair I'd take a draw. We could have won if we were more disciplined but I'll take the draw. Crowd was unreal and the ladies game was great, onto Doncaster. 

One word sums it up  - DISCIPLINE, a regular theme for the Raiders. With due respect to Town I don't think they'd have got in the Barrow half without our consent donation of penalty kicks. On at least two occasions we had them struggling in their own 20 and let them out with needless penalties. Thought of another word FRUSTRATING.

Great game,great crowd and a fair result.

Losing Mossop was a blow along with all the other injuries,I thought Blain Marwood gave them a spark when he came on and Hanley Dawson moved the ball well.

Looking forward to the return game up at Derwent Park,when we’ll hopefully get some payback.

I’d like both teams to gain promotion this season🤞🏻👍🏻

1 hour ago, red square said:

One word sums it up  - DISCIPLINE, a regular theme for the Raiders. With due respect to Town I don't think they'd have got in the Barrow half without our consent donation of penalty kicks. On at least two occasions we had them struggling in their own 20 and let them out with needless penalties. Thought of another word FRUSTRATING.

I know this is the Barrow site but my god come on.

Barrow still had a good team out and both teams could have won but have a look in tomorrow's paper 😁

Yeah Barrow’s Discipline needs to improve, as the amount of penalty's we conceeded was simply not good enough and to be honest that alone cost us the game. Anyways it’s still a draw thankfully, onwards and upwards. Need a big game next week against Doncaster. 

13 minutes ago, Evs62 said:

I know this is the Barrow site but my god come on.

Barrow still had a good team out and both teams could have won but have a look in tomorrow's paper 😁

You’re right,penalties go both ways and usually even themselves out over the season.

Draw was a fair result over the 80mins,looking forward to the return fixture.

Great following for Town today,hope we can match if not better it and put a bit of cash in your coffers👍🏻

Approximately how many Townies were in attendance yesterday?

I thought either a draw was fair enough or they shaded it overall, Can’t make my mind up 

FANtasic seeing the ground fuller than usual and the marque looks great & the structures on the Walney Rd end, What are they exactly, Bars or snack bars?

hope some of our injuries clear up for next weeks crunch game & obviously we get another 2k plus gate.

Archived