Running a supporters club - help needed

I'm on the committee of our supporters association and can put you in touch with the people who started ours up, it's over 10 years old and we have raised thousands over the years for the Giant academy set-up.

I'm sure if you write/contact various Supporters Club directly,most will be happy to point you in the right direction.

I suspect,as with most things,its a matter of getting the foundations correct at the very beginning. What are your aims,how might you go about securing them and probably most importantly,getting sufficient,reliable people in place. It's no good,one or two being committed,you need a range of people,with different abilities.

Best of luck.

5 minutes ago, cookey said:

I'm sure if you write/contact various Supporters Club directly,most will be happy to point you in the right direction.

I suspect,as with most things,its a matter of getting the foundations correct at the very beginning. What are your aims,how might you go about securing them and probably most importantly,getting sufficient,reliable people in place. It's no good,one or two being committed,you need a range of people,with different abilities.

Best of luck.

That's true C  First  THINGS First

First thing I'd do is get a venue for my  club that's not going to kick me out after a few months   

17 hours ago, welshmagpie said:

The uniqueness of it is that we’re looking at launching one for the Welsh national team. 

I love that. I think it’s important that you secure essential partnerships. One of those obviously Wales RL. You want their backing as the official Wales RL Supporters Club and you will want to be setup as a not for profit.

The beauty of it, is that it is going to be what your members want it to be. 

Best of luck to you. This is a great undertaking. I look forward to seeing you all representing at the RLWC if it proceeds.

On 30/06/2021 at 12:07, Sports Prophet said:

I love that. I think it’s important that you secure essential partnerships. One of those obviously Wales RL. You want their backing as the official Wales RL Supporters Club and you will want to be setup as a not for profit.

The beauty of it, is that it is going to be what your members want it to be. 

Best of luck to you. This is a great undertaking. I look forward to seeing you all representing at the RLWC if it proceeds.

Have been in, and continue to be, in dialogue with WRL. All positive discussions so far but still a few hurdles to get over yet. 

Thanks for the kind, positive words however.

Archived