Newcastle sun 4th July

georgeb1

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, georgeb1 said:

Moaning and groaning done , start of a new month , club and players need us now more than ever , the good times will be back πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

I'd say it's more like the fans need the players to do their bit now. We've all chucked loads of money in for them to come here and they've been absolute bobbins most weeks.

If we don't beat a team who just got 68 put past them by a team we could have beat but for a charge down in the dying seconds, then it's time for everyone involved to take a long hard look at themselves.

Β 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes |Β Leaflets |Β Cards |Β Banners & FlagsΒ |Β Letterheads |Β Tickets |Β Magazines |Β Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFCΒ & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

I think it's time that a lot of the senior players started to step forward and show the fans why we signed them,some of the performances have not been acceptable for a lot of the games,out of the new signings only Dixon and Atkins have come out with any credit and out of the rest of the squad only Marsh,Jubb,Scott and Stock have performed at the level the supporters would expect this season meaning that more than half of the team are not playing well enough and you can't win games if players aren't turning up,don't know if Fordy is in a position to offload any players to bring in new players otherwise we are going to be finishing more to the bottom of the league,still don't think we will get relegated but something needs to change quickly

Newcastle sun 4th July

Newcastle have a big pack 2 lively halfbacks some quick outside backs and the everlasting Bob Beswick

Although well beaten their heads never dropped and they played the full 80

Despite the score and as daft as it sounds they played some good rugby

I think your defence will have to be on the ballΒ  all the game because Newcastle keep coming and if it doesn't do the job you ask from it Newcastle will scoreΒ 

Β 

Yesterday’s gone. Time to move on. Yes, is been diabolical at times this season but we are in a relegation battle now. Sunday is a huge game, one that we need to win. All we can do is turn up, back the boys, cheer them on and hopefully we will get a win even if it’s a drop goal in the last second.Β 

You feel for Fordy and no doubt he’s hurting as much as us fans are. Let’s hope the players can find a big response and put in a massive shift that can restore a little faith in us fans. If it’s another inept performance then the knives will be really out but in the meantime the lads need our vocal support. Let’s give them the chance to redeem themselves at least this Sunday.Β 

Β 

Onwards and hopefully, upwards.Β 

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"

Millican Dalton...1867-1947

As you say Sunday’s been and gone and everyone has had there say on what’s gone wrong but time to move on otherwise we can get wrapped up in negativity which is no good for anyone.

We have to look at the positives we have come so far so quick and there was always going to be some bumps in the road that’s sport but hopefully we can learn from this and make us stronger.

On paper we have the players to put a run together and I feel we can, success breeds confidence which we saw in 2019. AΒ win on Sunday could kickstart our season and start us going in the right direction and hopefully we will be praising the team for a outstanding performance.Β 
Β 

Win loose or draw this Sunday we willΒ still be York fans and will support our team through thick and thin, let’s make it a positive LNER this Sunday something for the players to feed of and give us the performanceΒ we deserve.

14 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

We have 11 games left, win 7 or 8 of those, (and we have the players to do that), and we will be close to a top 6 finish. It is not impossible.

What use is a top six finish , this side on it's best behaviour cannot compete with the top four.πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

12 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

What use is a top six finish , this side on it's best behaviour cannot compete with the top four.πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

They can and have though, that's what's so frustrating.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes |Β Leaflets |Β Cards |Β Banners & FlagsΒ |Β Letterheads |Β Tickets |Β Magazines |Β Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFCΒ & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

4 hours ago, Acasterknight said:

I understand Ellis has returned to Leigh, which is not surprising when you look at their injury list. Riley Dean to return from Warrington. The only thing consistent this season is the inconsistency.

When we got Ellis I said to my better half, just see how quickly one of the Leigh halves gets injured. Sure enough, ex Knight Ben Reynolds has done his knee. So there goes one player who I thought might just get us organised. Bloody Nora!!

8 minutes ago, Peter G. said:

When we got Ellis I said to my better half, just see how quickly one of the Leigh halves gets injured. Sure enough, ex Knight Ben Reynolds has done his knee. So there goes one player who I thought might just get us organised. Bloody Nora!!

If it wasn't for bad luck we wouldn't have any at all.

6 hours ago, Acasterknight said:

I understand Ellis has returned to Leigh, which is not surprising when you look at their injury list. Riley Dean to return from Warrington. The only thing consistent this season is the inconsistency.

Ellis is not in the Leigh 21, so with a bit of luck we may keep him for another week.

I do feel as fans we are owed one by the players. There’s not an awful lot more we can do...we still turn up, we still pay our money. Sure, we could probably do to be a bit louder and would be nicer if more fans turned up (team performances/stadium accessibility/COVID/ease of getting tickets has affected that) but most of us here are still turning up. We’ve all had our say and we’ve had the usual β€˜long hard look’ and β€˜chance to put it right’ articles in the Press.
Β 

Now it’s over to Ford and co to come up with the goods against a Newcastle team who aren’t doing too bad but have won just once away from home - 36-30 at Swindon. Otherwise they’ve conceded 29,Β 50, 31 and 68 on their travels. Whereas York while not playing well have β€˜only’ conceded 21, 20, 16, 6, 22 and 22 at home.Β 

As I’ve said before I hope some of the fringe players get an opportunity. Back line I’d go with:

Fullback: HarrisonΒ (MOTM against Wigan)

Wing:Β K. Dixon (top points scorer and arguably our best performing signing)

Centre: Atkins (Second best signing, though I feel he can play better)

Centre:Β Salter (Last couple of games he’s not seemed with it but still a solid player who rarely lets the side down)

Wing: Whiteley (Come on Fordy, when he’s not injuredΒ he’s by far our strongest winger. Can finish, can tackle, runs well, doesn’t make many errors).

Halves: Marsh (yes I’d prefer him at fullback but needs must) and Ellis or Riley Dean - I can’t keep up with if one hasΒ gone back orΒ who returns!

Coach AB will think about the forwards laterΒ πŸ˜‡

Β 

Β 

8 hours ago, AB Knight said:

I do feel as fans we are owed one by the players. There’s not an awful lot more we can do...we still turn up, we still pay our money. Sure, we could probably do to be a bit louder and would be nicer if more fans turned up (team performances/stadium accessibility/COVID/ease of getting tickets has affected that) but most of us here are still turning up. We’ve all had our say and we’ve had the usual β€˜long hard look’ and β€˜chance to put it right’ articles in the Press.
Β 

Now it’s over to Ford and co to come up with the goods against a Newcastle team who aren’t doing too bad but have won just once away from home - 36-30 at Swindon. Otherwise they’ve conceded 29,Β 50, 31 and 68 on their travels. Whereas York while not playing well have β€˜only’ conceded 21, 20, 16, 6, 22 and 22 at home.Β 

As I’ve said before I hope some of the fringe players get an opportunity. Back line I’d go with:

Fullback: HarrisonΒ (MOTM against Wigan)

Wing:Β K. Dixon (top points scorer and arguably our best performing signing)

Centre: Atkins (Second best signing, though I feel he can play better)

Centre:Β Salter (Last couple of games he’s not seemed with it but still a solid player who rarely lets the side down)

Wing: Whiteley (Come on Fordy, when he’s not injuredΒ he’s by far our strongest winger. Can finish, can tackle, runs well, doesn’t make many errors).

Halves: Marsh (yes I’d prefer him at fullback but needs must) and Ellis or Riley Dean - I can’t keep up with if one hasΒ gone back orΒ who returns!

Coach AB will think about the forwards laterΒ πŸ˜‡

Β 

Β 

Wouldn't argue with that line up,but Bass seems to be a favourite of Fordy so will probably get the other wing berth to Dixon

13 hours ago, Puk said:

Wouldn't argue with that line up,but Bass seems to be a favourite of Fordy so will probably get the other wing berth to Dixon

I do like Bass, he’s a good player to have around as he can fit in at fullback, wing, centre and now hooker. Just feel Whiteley deserves a chance. Like you say though Ford will probably stick with Bass. I’ll take that as long as it’s not the usual back line because I think BJB needs some time out, he’s either playing with an injury or isn’t enjoying playing the game, or both.

Β 

ABs lineup. Only 1 loan player, certain big names dropped. Washbrook possibly to come on as hooker (IMO he changed the game when he came on at Dewsbury in that position)

FB. Harrison

W.Β K.Dixon

C.Β Atkins

C. Salter

W. Whiteley

HB.Β Dean

HB.Β Marsh

P. Dixon

HK.Β Jubb

SR.Β Scott

SR.Β Stock

P. Baldwinson

LF. Spears

Subs

Green

Clarkson

Teanby

Washbrook

Β 

Β 

Visited RFL to see what rubbish FEV squad they've published this week and came across this

Our League matches – 

Sunday July 4

Betfred Championship – York City Knights v Newcastle Thunder (3pm)Β Β 

Sunday July 11

Betfred Championship – London Broncos v York City Knights (3pm)Β 

12 hours ago, AB Knight said:

I do like Bass, he’s a good player to have around as he can fit in at fullback, wing, centre and now hooker. Just feel Whiteley deserves a chance. Like you say though Ford will probably stick with Bass. I’ll take that as long as it’s not the usual back line because I think BJB needs some time out, he’s either playing with an injury or isn’t enjoying playing the game, or both.

Β 

ABs lineup. Only 1 loan player, certain big names dropped. Washbrook possibly to come on as hooker (IMO he changed the game when he came on at Dewsbury in that position)

FB. Harrison

W.Β K.Dixon

C.Β Atkins

C. Salter

W. Whiteley

HB.Β Dean

HB.Β Marsh

P. Dixon

HK.Β Jubb

SR.Β Scott

SR.Β Stock

P. Baldwinson

LF. Spears

Subs

Green

Clarkson

Teanby

Washbrook

Β 

According to radio York Marsh is not available for Sunday's game,what's your thinking with Stock in the second row he's been our best prop this season

20 hours ago, Puk said:

According to radio York Marsh is not available for Sunday's game,what's your thinking with Stock in the second row he's been our best prop this season

Pity about Marsh but good to see a few returning. I’d never realised he was playing prop, in my eyes the 2 positions are so similar these days.Β 
Β 

Having seen the 21 hopefully it’s BOH/Dean in the halves. Bass at fullback possibly.

10 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

Pity about Marsh but good to see a few returning. I’d never realised he was playing prop, in my eyes the 2 positions are so similar these days.Β 
Β 

Having seen the 21 hopefully it’s BOH/Dean in the halves. Bass at fullback possibly.

You've seen the 21 and you hope Dean is in the halves?

Archived