Newcastle sun 4th July

georgeb1

9 minutes ago, Nige Arro said:

He isn't in the 21, unless I'm looking at the wrong one?

Oops. There’s a reason I’m having to get my eyes checked out at the hospital 🤣

Washbrook/BOH it is then.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will the mask marshal Nazis be out and about on Sunday? Reason I ask is that there seem to be no masks at Wimbledon and people are packed together like sardines.  Maybe the numpties in York Council or whichever clown is enforcing “the rules” might care to take a look?? So Covid doesn’t attack football fans, Super League fans or tennis fans. Just Championship RL fans....thank god for the science. Or am I wrong and we no longer have to pretend to wear them???

42 minutes ago, Fax Knight said:

Will the mask marshal Nazis be out and about on Sunday? Reason I ask is that there seem to be no masks at Wimbledon and people are packed together like sardines.  Maybe the numpties in York Council or whichever clown is enforcing “the rules” might care to take a look?? So Covid doesn’t attack football fans, Super League fans or tennis fans. Just Championship RL fans....thank god for the science. Or am I wrong and we no longer have to pretend to wear them???

You will be telling us all that it is just flu next.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

53 minutes ago, Fax Knight said:

Suspect that all those attending Wimbledon and Wembley will have proof of both vaccinations as we have to when we go to Wembley 

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

15 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

You will be telling us all that it is just flu next.

The vaccine reduces the risk of serious illness, and 1000 people breathing fresh air in, and out of their lungs are at zero risk of Covid so why do we have to do it. I can walk around outside the ground, socially distanced from people with no mask on, but to sit down inside the stadium requires a mask. Crazy

56 minutes ago, Acasterknight said:

The vaccine reduces the risk of serious illness, and 1000 people breathing fresh air in, and out of their lungs are at zero risk of Covid so why do we have to do it. I can walk around outside the ground, socially distanced from people with no mask on, but to sit down inside the stadium requires a mask. Crazy

Lol. You  can take your mask off to have a drink as well

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

2 hours ago, Acasterknight said:

Being outside is significantly lower risk than inside but definitely not zero. 

6 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

Anyone know if I can get the match on our league. Tried getting into it to buy the match but its saying to subscribe for some reason. I have watched matches before though. 

I managed to purchase the stream last night but it isn't playing for some reason. It's not the greatest streaming platform in the world....

24 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

BJB and Clarkson in the halves??!

Cockayne moving from the wing to the halves gave him a second lease of life. Let's hope that this is the kickstarter for BJB.

Totally bemused. Not sure what the game plan is? No half's and no threat. We've not even looked at the thunder line in 40 minutes. Apart from Dixon nobody looks capable of making a break. Defensive a bit better but it's two poor sides in fairness with thunder the more creative. 

Let's hope for a better second 40. Let's be honest entertainment wise it can't get much worse. 

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"

Millican Dalton...1867-1947

Awful.

5 drives and a kick which hadn’t worked all season so we carry on doing it. Teanby playing like he’s been on the lash this morning, not the only one mind. K. Dixon with his customary break with not a single player in support. 

Can't disagree with any of that, Andy. Most creative thing we've done is that DIixon restart where we regained posession. But even then we lacked ideas once we got to within 10m of the Thunder line. Almost impossible to play this game without a playmaker on the pitch 😞  

2 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

Awful.

5 drives and a kick which hadn’t worked all season so we carry on doing it. Teanby playing like he’s been on the lash this morning, not the only one mind. K. Dixon with his customary break with not a single player in support. 

Again Dixon has been our only threat. Can he play in the halves? He can kick, he's got a step, he has the ability to make something from nothing. Switch him and BJB cos god knows we have got to create something if we're to get anything from this.

Ref is horrendous but it's not his fault we are losing. Thunder deservedly in front. BJB playing at 6 and I've counted him three times with the ball in hand. What the hell is going on. It's the most frustrating/disappointing side I've ever seen in 40 years of watching. Offer so much but there's nothing there. Desperately underwhelming.

But, we stick with and pray for a better second half. Fans at least sticking with the side in fairness.

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"

Millican Dalton...1867-1947

Archived