Dewsbury Away

Keep The Faith

Makes no more sense playing on this date than it did cancelling the first one, won't be any great improvement on crowd numbers I wouldn't have thought, could be wrong.

44 minutes ago, phildog said:

Makes no more sense playing on this date than it did cancelling the first one, won't be any great improvement on crowd numbers I wouldn't have thought, could be wrong.

Apparently it is impossible to move the fixture back even further. At the time that the original fixture was postponed (not cancelled, note) the hope was that we would be allowed bigger crowds by the end of June.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 28/06/2021 at 19:44, phildog said:

Despite the commendable efforts from both clubs,they have been thwarted by Government regulations.

At least they tried, and collaboration between the clubs can only be of benefit long term.

13 hours ago, phildog said:

I see that BSJ and there's usually ( can this be usual??) a time limit on re-arrangements.

True. I believe that the normal regulations regarding time limits for rearranged games have been lifted during these abnormal times. This is the closest day to the CC final that the game could encroach, due to the massive impact that it would have on the attendance, I presume. After that there are no weekend dates that are suitable to both clubs and I presume that both coaches would prefer not to play three games in eight days.

Not an ideal situation by any means but the best that could be achieved under the circumstances.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived