Roughyeds part company with Matt Diskin

Dave Naylor

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well there it is. Correct decision although always a shame to see someone lose a job. 

Right then, deep breath and await further developments.....and a reaction from the players next time out. 

Let's see where we go from here. 

Well.

Can't really argue with those results.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Never nice for anyone to lose there job and wish Matt all the best in the future in whatever he does, but a change was desperately needed it just was going from bad to worse hopefully get someone in who can get the lads confidence and belief back and see how we go , hope whoever gets the job can get a good early result and get us on a roll 

Having a weekend off is quite timely too.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

34 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

Right decision, now Oldham can try to find a decent coach to try and get us out of this pickle. 

Seems like a decent coach to most people on here has to be a “ name “ Diskin was a name remember 

I just think that Diskin is a lovely bloke. Always had time to speak to you very approachable.

However this is a results base business. It's easier to get rid of one man as opposed to sacking the squad.

The team just wasn't performing I don't what the answer is but we are favourites to be relegated and this will play in the mind of whoever the coach is. 

I don't think that the answer is Scott and I am in the camp of, you never go back.

John Duffy would be good but can chris afford him

15 minutes ago, clifford said:

I just think that Diskin is a lovely bloke. Always had time to speak to you very approachable.

However this is a results base business. It's easier to get rid of one man as opposed to sacking the squad.

The team just wasn't performing I don't what the answer is but we are favourites to be relegated and this will play in the mind of whoever the coach is. 

I don't think that the answer is Scott and I am in the camp of, you never go back.

John Duffy would be good but can chris afford him

What type / standard of coach you think the club can afford? Serious question 

The right decision but I reckon probably a month too late to save our season unfortunately. Looking at the games we have left to stay up I'd say we have to win 4/5 out of 10.

Duffy would be a great appointment but I'm not sure if we could afford him. Naylor would be a great short term appointment to lift the squad but I can't see him being interested as he left for a reason.

Away games at Swinton, Sheffield, Whitehaven and Dewsbury to come, plus a home tie against Newcastle, all ‘cup finals’ if we’re to stay up.

It’s the right decision by the club, let’s hope a new head coach can galvanise the team and lift their heads. How they work with the 1, 6, 7 positions will be key in us staying up.

john duffy as no club at the moment does he have a job outsiide of rugby.

if he as no employment as such ch should offer him 11 weeks employment for a descent wage. its all about this season b--ls to next season.

Archived