Match Thread: Championship Round 12, Featherstone Rovers v London Saturday-3rd-July-2021

marklaspalmas

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Wait, you think the RFL are picking our squad every week? 

On that bombshell...

NO I'm talking about the farcical supposedly 19 in the FEV squad  THEY choose  every week and then show  it  the to the  whole wide world on their site when in past weeks i'ts been nowt like the actual squad webbo picks

6 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

You're overthinking this, they simply haven't got round to changing from their old 19-man squads to the current 21-man squads so their system has defaulted to publishing the first 19 in alphabetical order.

16 minutes ago, POR said:

NO I'm talking about the farcical supposedly 19 in the FEV squad  THEY choose  every week and then show  it  the to the  whole wide world on their site when in past weeks i'ts been nowt like the actual squad webbo picks

Haven't the RFL Match Centre Fev squads listed recently been pretty much spot on apart from the final 2 or 4 in alphabetical order left out because they only went up to 17 or 19 respectively? To the extent we've been able to successfully predict the missing names based on who was left later on in the alphabetical?

It seems straightforward enough to me. Webbo picks a 21 man squad of which the first 19 in alphabetical order are listed on the RFL site. On match day, Webbo picks his preferred 17 from that 21 man squad. Simples!

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Looks like no Lockwood in the squad btw if I'm right about alphabetical order.

Ah. Good spot sir, I hadn't seen that. Based on that, and our usual Line of Duty work on the remaining names, we'll have.....

1WillDagger

2CraigHall

3ThomasMinns

4JoshHardcastle

5GarethGale

6Fa'amanu Brown

7TomHolmes

8Craig Kopczak

9ConnorJones

10JamesHarrison

11FrankieHalton

12JuniorMoors

13Jack Bussey

14DeanParata

15JohnDavies

16LukeCooper

17CallumField 

Squad: DaneChisholm BrettFerres DaleFerguson LouiMcConnell

The logic** here is that Minns and Bussey will now play having been squad selected last week but not making the 17. Chizz, Ferres and Fergie back in the fold and in the 17 at Widnes.

** This logic may not apply.

1 minute ago, marklaspalmas said:

Ah. Good spot sir, I hadn't seen that. Based on that, and our usual Line of Duty work on the remaining names, we'll have.....

1WillDagger

2CraigHall

3ThomasMinns

4JoshHardcastle

5GarethGale

6Fa'amanu Brown

7TomHolmes

8Craig Kopczak

9ConnorJones

10JamesHarrison

11FrankieHalton

12JuniorMoors

13Jack Bussey

14DeanParata

15JohnDavies

16LukeCooper

17CallumField 

Squad: DaneChisholm BrettFerres DaleFerguson LouiMcConnell

The logic** here is that Minns and Bussey will now play having been squad selected last week but not making the 17. Chizz, Ferres and Fergie back in the fold and in the 17 at Widnes.

** This logic may not apply.

Mother of God, now we're sucking diesel 😃

Only possible issue as pointed out to me by Roverspud is that Widnes away and their plastic pitch might not be the ideal place to bring back injured players. But otherwise I agree totally with your logic.

17 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Haven't the RFL Match Centre Fev squads listed recently been pretty much spot on apart from the final 2 or 4 in alphabetical order left out because they only went up to 17 or 19 respectively? To the extent we've been able to successfully predict the missing names based on who was left later on in the alphabetical?

I know PH but THEY'VE  got lucky most of the regular starters are first on the  list alphabetically but my point is how do they come to the conclusion that this week BRETT and DALE are in and JAMES  out when last week it was roles reversal and what would their  first 19 be if regular starter NU B was NU Q 😀

10 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Mother of God, now we're sucking diesel 😃

Only possible issue as pointed out to me by Roverspud is that Widnes away and their plastic pitch might not be the ideal place to bring back injured players. But otherwise I agree totally with your logic.

Good point about Widnes pitch. Tbh if all five players Bussey, Minns, Chizz, Ferres and Fergie do come back for Wembley there are going to be some players in extremely good form and playing well who are going to be very unlucky.

Let's see, eh?

2 minutes ago, POR said:

I know PH but THEY'VE  got lucky most of the regular starters are first on the  list alphabetically but my point is how do they come to the conclusion that this week BRETT and DALE are in and JAMES  out when last week it was roles reversal and what would their  first 19 be if regular starter NU B was NU Q 😀

I'm sorry but I am not following you at all here.

It's simply what Roverspud and TPH said.

53 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

I'm sorry but I am not following you at all here.

It's simply what Roverspud and TPH said.

MLP every week the  RFL put out a squad in alphabetical order

Last week they only picked 17 

Brown, Bussey, Cooper, Dagger, Davies, Field, Gale, Hall, Halton, Hardcastle, Harrison, Holmes,Jones, Kopczak, Lockwood, McConnell, Minns.

This week they  picked 19 

Brown, Bussey, Chisolm Cooper, Dagger, Davies, Ferguson Ferres Field, Gale, Hall, Halton, Hardcastle, Harrison, Holmes,Jones, Kopczak, , McConnell, Minns.

Two completely different squads so my point is quite simple how do they choose the names they put  in the squad

13 minutes ago, POR said:

Brown, Bussey, Cooper, Dagger, Davies, Field, Gale, Hall, Halton, Hardcastle, Harrison, Holmes,Jones, Kopczak, Lockwood, McConnell, Minns.

Brown, Bussey, Chisolm Cooper, Dagger, Davies, Ferguson Ferres Field, Gale, Hall, Halton, Hardcastle, Harrison, Holmes,Jones, Kopczak, , McConnell, Minns.

Two completely different squads so my point is quite simple how do they choose the names they put  in the squad

Errr, James Webster picks the squad. Am I missing something?

25 minutes ago, POR said:

Same squad except for Lockwood out and Chisholm, Ferguson and Ferres in, 17 to 19. Webster picks the team from them and then four on bench and two left out.

5 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Errr, James Webster picks the squad. Am I missing something?

Of course he does  MLP but do you honestly think he has sent his sq ad over to the RFL today   before they've trained tonight and remember   what  you said earlier

Chisholm (foot). Reported to be a couple of weeks away Ferres (leg). Reported to be 3/4 weeks away  and Ferguson (hamstring). Conflicting reports of his fitness seems to be a tad optimistc especially when beckett and spence could have been included in his 21

Am I missing something here I cannot see on the Rovers official website that Webster has picked 17 19 or 21 players.

He does not appear to have announced any squad at all 

21 minutes ago, POR said:

Of course he does  MLP but do you honestly think he has sent his sq ad over to the RFL today   before they've trained tonight

Yes. All clubs have to send their 21-man squads over by noon 2 days before the game. There are only one or two very specific circumstances in which they are allowed to change the squad thereafter.

2 minutes ago, haskey said:

Am I missing something here I cannot see on the Rovers official website that Webster has picked 17 19 or 21 players.

He does not appear to have announced any squad at all 

See earlier on the thread, we are discussing the squad listed on the RFL Match Centre page. At the moment Fev have not announced their squad...in previous years we used to announce it around midday at the deadline but we don't seem to do that any more and the timing of our own announcement seems fairly hard to predict.

Yes I know we have to advise the RFL but I thought that by now Webster would have announced it on the website. Seem some more of the who should know except the poor supporters.

39 minutes ago, POR said:

Of course he does  MLP but do you honestly think he has sent his sq ad over to the RFL today   before they've trained tonight and remember   what  you said 

Yes. He has to.

Who he puts in his 21 and why, and then who has in his 17 and why is up to him.

London have named their squad
https://londonbroncosrl.com/2021/07/01/21-man-squad-for-featherstone-rovers/?fbclid=IwAR2TqrDqGdJXl3OR3VhcyJlk52W6Cytm_vwwOszccVh9Pbr3BYCi82G_U6Q

They are still missing one or two players notable Cory Aston and Matty Fozzard. I know most Fev fans don't rate Aston but his replacement at half back Meadows really isn't all that good in my view, the obvious danger remains Sammut.

Fozzard is a bigger miss because they are also missing their second choice hooker Sam Davis so as far as I can tell the only hooker in their squad is Rob Oakley who was playing amateur rugby until last year and only made his debut recently. It looks like he will have to play big minutes and I'm sure we can target him, I think we can win this game up the middle.

They have some useful outside backs and Curran and Walters are a decent back row combo but I think our middles and hookers should have a decisive advantage.

11 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

London have named their squad
https://londonbroncosrl.com/2021/07/01/21-man-squad-for-featherstone-rovers/?fbclid=IwAR2TqrDqGdJXl3OR3VhcyJlk52W6Cytm_vwwOszccVh9Pbr3BYCi82G_U6Q

They are still missing one or two players notable Cory Aston and Matty Fozzard. I know most Fev fans don't rate Aston but his replacement at half back Meadows really isn't all that good in my view, the obvious danger remains Sammut.

Fozzard is a bigger miss because they are also missing their second choice hooker Sam Davis so as far as I can tell the only hooker in their squad is Rob Oakley who was playing amateur rugby until last year and only made his debut recently. It looks like he will have to play big minutes and I'm sure we can target him, I think we can win this game up the middle.

They have some useful outside backs and Curran and Walters are a decent back row combo but I think our middles and hookers should have a decisive advantage.

Will be nice to see josh again  he's missed a couple  and bronco fans didn't know when he'd be back so hope he plays for my granddaughter a big josh fan back in the day🤩

Well, it's uncanny how our released squad mirrors that which was on the RFL website. Anybody would think that Webbo had given them advance notice...........

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

Archived