Match Thread: Championship Round 12, Featherstone Rovers v London Saturday-3rd-July-2021

marklaspalmas

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, elppaxr2i said:

Cant believe this is the 50th post now - 9 useful posts (this isnt) and 40 pointless ###### posts arguing with each other

I only asked ... with Hall Chisholm and Brown ... who kicks?? ... not pointless to me interested in opinions!!😕

51 minutes ago, the old nine ole said:

I only asked ... with Hall Chisholm and Brown ... who kicks?? ... not pointless to me 

I spied on them in training this week and Kopczak was banging them over from the touchline, so I reckon he's nailed on to be our kicker this weekend...

That Fantasy Championship competition is really tight this year isn't it 😉

16 hours ago, haskey said:

If they are all fit Webster has a job on his hand dropping 4.

IF they are all fit THIS week I  think they virtually pick themselves  Dane C for Dagger at fullback  Dale F for James L at prop and Jack B for  Louis M at 13

On the bench Dean P and Brett F and depending on who in staring 13  one of James  H  or Junior M plus one other out of Callum F JD and Luke C

I think the  fun and games start when James L  Kris W and Ben B are all back  in the mix🥳

It's a pity that Brad D is injured because his availability  would have really put the cat among the pigeons🐦🐦🐈🐦🐦

London must have had four or five forward passes in the first half without the ref blowing.And he let them slow the play the ball down without penalising them.Three men in the tackle the second player took his time getting up and then placed his hands on the bottom tackler to push himself up,then the bottom player got up in his own time.Din't see their last try as i left early but first try a bit unlucky as the ball looked as if it was going dead but stopped short.And Brown's knock on from their kick off was hard as he tried to reach out for a swirling ball and take it at arms length.If he had let it bounce it would probably have gone dead with the strength of kick and firm ground.Sorry for Junior and Jack the injuries didn't look good and i wish them a speedy recovery.Thought all the backs played really well Chissy,with his pace Brown,Gale as usual and Hall who is kicking better.James Harrison along with Chissy seemed to finish unscathed which helps with Widnes next week.Remember the start of the season when we couldn't string more than three or four passes together now you wouldn't believe they are the same players.The squad for me is better than when we were so successful under Powell i think today's team would beat them.Probably have to go back to the 1990's to find a better squad.So we role on to The Halton Stadium next week.

7 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

London must have had four or five forward passes in the first half without the ref blowing.And he let them slow the play the ball down without penalising them.Three men in the tackle the second player took his time getting up and then placed his hands on the bottom tackler to push himself up,then the bottom player got up in his own time.Din't see their last try as i left early but first try a bit unlucky as the ball looked as if it was going dead but stopped short.And Brown's knock on from their kick off was hard as he tried to reach out for a swirling ball and take it at arms length.If he had let it bounce it would probably have gone dead with the strength of kick and firm ground.Sorry for Junior and Jack the injuries didn't look good and i wish them a speedy recovery.Thought all the backs played really well Chissy,with his pace Brown,Gale as usual and Hall who is kicking better.James Harrison along with Chissy seemed to finish unscathed which helps with Widnes next week.Remember the start of the season when we couldn't string more than three or four passes together now you wouldn't believe they are the same players.The squad for me is better than when we were so successful under Powell i think today's team would beat them.Probably have to go back to the 1990's to find a better squad.So we role on to The Halton Stadium next week.

junior - did i miss that injury ?

Yes it was poor Tom Minns. London came to spoil and their tactics were dubious and the ref was poor in controlling the ruck and forward passes. I certainly did not see this result coming and we are still second in the table.

Both Thomas & Jack back from injury and poor lads injured again. what rotten luck.

I noticed that not long into the game Sammut kept shouting ''Bussey" to his team mates and was even pointing to him as if they were targetting him.  I may have got the wrong end of the stick but doesn't look good given what followed.  I thought some of Londons tackling after that was questionable as well.  I agree that the officials were terrible.  How they dont see blatant forward passes is beyond me.  (and I'm talking about both sides btw)

18 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

first try a bit unlucky as the ball looked as if it was going dead but stopped short.

Nothing to do with that - Ball was nowhere near the dead ball line but Dagger left it to gale and gale left it to dagger - lack of communication, for me dagger was at fault as he had more than ample opportunity to get rid of it, more opportunity than gale but did nothing and hankinson nipped in 

13 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

I noticed that not long into the game Sammut kept shouting ''Bussey" to his team mates and was even pointing to him as if they were targetting him.  I may have got the wrong end of the stick but doesn't look good given what followed.  I thought some of Londons tackling after that was questionable as well.  I agree that the officials were terrible.  How they dont see blatant forward passes is beyond me.  (and I'm talking about both sides btw)

You and I have disagreed many times re the ref. But today, I do agree that there was some well dodgy tackling particularly from the second and third man that wasn't picked up.

Forrad passes I'll let go as it made the game flow. Hally's try from the kick and collect was brilliant.... but way offside.

20 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

junior - did i miss that injury ?

Looks like i got another one wrong.Don't like any players getting injured but Minns was carrying one so maybe he came back to early or he is just unlucky.I was worried with the amount of strapping on Chissy's leg but he put his foot through the ball pre match and it didn't blunt his pace during the game.I will make the odd mistake as i am usually the first to comment on the match,some don't do it until they have studied the recorded match.I won't change though it's too late at my age just glad that people put me right when i do call things wrongly.

5 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Looks like i got another one wrong.Don't like any players getting injured but Minns was carrying one so maybe he came back to early or he is just unlucky.I was worried with the amount of strapping on Chissy's leg but he put his foot through the ball pre match and it didn't blunt his pace during the game.I will make the odd mistake as i am usually the first to comment on the match,some don't do it until they have studied the recorded match.I won't change though it's too late at my age just glad that people put me right when i do call things wrongly.

No worries - I knew Minns went off but just thought I must have missed something before Moors substitution

What is it with us and injuries ? We go a couple of games without one then two more come along - a bit like Bussey's....sorry I mean buses.  But seriously I'm gutted for both the injured lads today.

On 03/07/2021 at 22:51, Robin Evans said:

You and I have disagreed many times re the ref. But today, I do agree that there was some well dodgy tackling particularly from the second and third man that wasn't picked up.

Forrad passes I'll let go as it made the game flow. Hally's try from the kick and collect was brilliant.... but way offside.

We have Robin !  I don't want to get into that now but we're probably not as far apart in the 'every decision is against Fev' and 'the RL love Fev' spectrum as as you might think.  There is something in the middle.

Anyway I'm glad someone else picked up the dodgy tackling.  I was at the game alone yesterday and as a result I probably noticed a lot more than I usually would.  I am sure that London were repeatedly tackling illegally (often the same couple of players)

Re the forward pass thing I generally agree that refs should be given a directive of 'if in doubt just let it go' rather than blowing the whistle for anything.  However it's a fine line and it has to stay professional / consistent .  We don't want to become like RU where anything goes and an anything goes approach may be hard to take if we lose a million pound game with a late try from a forward pass.

7 hours ago, RobLambert said:

We have Robin !  I don't want to get into that now but we're probably not as far apart in the 'every decision is against Fev' and 'the RL love Fev' spectrum as as you might think.  There is something in the middle.

Anyway I'm glad someone else picked up the dodgy tackling.  I was at the game alone yesterday and as a result I probably noticed a lot more than I usually would.  I am sure that London were repeatedly tackling illegally (often the same couple of players)

Re the forward pass thing I generally agree that refs should be given a directive of 'if in doubt just let it go' rather than blowing the whistle for anything.  However it's a fine line and it has to stay professional / consistent .  We don't want to become like RU where anything goes and an anything goes approach may be hard to take if we lose a million pound game with a late try from a forward pass.

It does make analysis of the game a lot clearer if you're on your own.

Did you cop for the tackle and twist on johnny Davies leg.... it looked very dangerous. He got carded for very similar at York.

I may be way out with this l, but there seemed a planned agenda from London to disrupt us and try and rough us up looking at some of the tackling. A futile policy against our pack but it can result in injury.

Agreed on letting the game go if there is an element of doubt.

9 hours ago, RobLambert said:

Simple solution RL in the final lets use the word famous "VAR" which I'm led to believe is used to minimise human errors causing substantial influence on match results.🤣

19 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

He was pizzin in t'wind this season....

We made an observation..... how bad has Walters become. He looked rank poor..... he had a great season with us

Yep...with you on both points.
Ward's a good coach who had an impossible task given what he had to work with.
Walters didn't look the same player he was with us. It took a while for him to win Fev fans over but as you say he was excellent in 2019.

Archived