Sun 4th Jul: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

51 minutes ago, Derwent said:

How have Barrow got away with naming Nathan Mossop in today’s team ? He was knocked out cold last week and by his own admission couldn’t remember anything of the game. I thought that was supposed to be a mandatory 14 day standing down ?

No idea but assume the Medical peeps deemed it save or not a concussion.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well played Barrow, top side and that is the title sewn up on that performance. No one is going to beat them, its as simple as that.

“It is not revenge we want for poor people, but happiness; indeed, what revenge can be taken for all the thousands of years of the sufferings of the poor?”

Well done to the Bears that is some comeback

“It is not revenge we want for poor people, but happiness; indeed, what revenge can be taken for all the thousands of years of the sufferings of the poor?”

7 minutes ago, DavidM said:

That’s a fair hammering . 

Some top players back, Stack, Shaw, J Walne, made a huge impression. Still Maloudi, Ben Harrison, Dan Toal and Ritson to come back in in the coming second half of the season. Bodes well for Barrow. 

18 minutes ago, Moonshine said:

Well played Barrow, top side and that is the title sewn up on that performance. No one is going to beat them, its as simple as that.

Didn't they just scrape a draw with Workington last week.... at home??

Incredible game at Coventry.

Bears scored first 4-0. From then on it was all Hunslet. Some very very poor defending as Hunslet scored some easy tries. With 20 minutes or so to go the Bears were 22 points behind and a 50 point drubbing was in the offing.

Somehow the Bears attack started to pick up and picked up 24 unanswered points to win in the last minute at 46-44.

Incredible. 

The Hunslet supporters had been very vocal when they were winning but at least one fan turned nasty and threatened some local lads. One of them then decided to pick on Bears owner and former Irish Prop Alan Robinson. He told the fan he was just making rugby league look stupid and fortunately the fan decided that discretion was the better part of valour.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

36 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

Incredible stuff in Coventry as the Bears score 4 tries in the final 15 mins to win 46-44 vs Hunslet. Just an amazing game of rugby! 

Chuffed for everyone concerned with Coventry 👏

5 minutes ago, northamptoncougar said:

There’s something wrong at Keighley and it needs to change, the dads army approach to recruitment hasn’t worked and they literally cannot defend, especially if you get within their 10m line.

Hope to see you next Friday night Joe ( with your Bears hat on🤣🤣)

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

1 hour ago, Moscow01 said:

Barrow will wallop Keighley. Keighley are a mess defensively. Barrow will put 40 on them no trouble. They’re the best team in League 1 by a mile.

oh and well done Coventry. Magnificent. 

Take it you have seen every Lg1 team play then - well done.

12 minutes ago, Bring back GB said:

A long way to go yet!!!! We still have Town and Doncaster away !

Donny away will be the big challenge, Workington not so much when you get all the big guns back. It will be between Donny and Workington for the play off place. The best 3 teams in this league will widen the gap between the rest. 

1 hour ago, Bearman said:

Incredible game at Coventry.

Bears scored first 4-0. From then on it was all Hunslet. Some very very poor defending as Hunslet scored some easy tries. With 20 minutes or so to go the Bears were 22 points behind and a 50 point drubbing was in the offing.

Somehow the Bears attack started to pick up and picked up 24 unanswered points to win in the last minute at 46-44.

Incredible. 

The Hunslet supporters had been very vocal when they were winning but at least one fan turned nasty and threatened some local lads. One of them then decided to pick on Bears owner and former Irish Prop Alan Robinson. He told the fan he was just making rugby league look stupid and fortunately the fan decided that discretion was the better part of valour.

Fantastic result. Picking on Boomer - doesn't seem sensible to me. Sadly a few of the Northern clubs have a small number of idiots in their ranks who try their best to spoil it for everybody else. It's a shame because Hunslet have a lot of dedicated fans who have stuck with the club througha  lot of barren years since they were denied Super League.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

43 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Take it you have seen every Lg1 team play then - well done.

I have actually. Barrow are by far the best team in the division and they’re missing four or five of their best players at the moment. They’re only going to get better. 

14 minutes ago, Moscow01 said:

I have actually. Barrow are by far the best team in the division and they’re missing four or five of their best players at the moment. They’re only going to get better. 

At the half way point of the season will admit that Barrow probably have the strongest squad and should end up champions, however last week's draw proves that they aren't the world beaters some make them out to be,apart from one team at the moment, anyone is capable of beating anyone. Good luck also to West Wales, cant be easy turning out each week, but cant fault their effort and commitment 

1 hour ago, Bring back GB said:

A long way to go yet!!!! We still have Town and Doncaster away !

Difficult tricky games but I can see Barrow winning them, Wukkie will be the difficult one out of the 2 & the several hundred Barrow fans will roar them onto Victory 

in 54321…Incoming fire 😬

26 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

The Crusaders' progress:

26-0

26-12(HT)

26-28 (here we go again)

30-28 (Keighley concede 2 silly easily kickable penalties)

34-28 at full time with Keighley camped 5 metres from our line.

Nice stadium with good sight lines - could be a very nice home for us.

Attendance?

Good win for you lot 👏

Archived