Sat 3rd - Sun 4th Jul: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Not afe. Didn't anticipate this. Some fabulous rugby out there tonight.

Proper buzzin.

You can only play what is in front of you... every London fan anticipated at least 60 points for Fev.. We really are that poor. We only in the top 6 as we had a good result at Widnes, all out other games we have been shocking

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, crashmon said:

You can only play what is in front of you... every London fan anticipated at least 60 points for Fev.. We really are that poor. We only in the top 6 as we had a good result at Widnes, all out other games we have been shocking

Well 63 - 14 at full time so you were right 

9 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Aye.... let them off t'hook last twenty mins. Pizzer losing bussey n minnsy tho

Seemed to go off boil when minns went off , some of their tactics bit iffy.

7 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Really does not have much luck Minns. You feel he does deserve some good fortune.

Some players do seem to plck up more than their fair share of injuries.A break can be better than torn muscles and ligaments but all injuries are frustrating to the players.Fax are looking a decent side holding us to 16-8 with a few decisions not going their way.I have not  seen Toulouse this season but the way we are playing we are too good for most Championship sides and we keep improving as the season goes on.

1 hour ago, clogdance said:

Well done Fev, but what has happened to London and York. 2 horse race for promotion isn't it ?

I shudder to think how either would have gone if they’d got the Leigh spot as plenty wanted. Batley and Fax are looking the best hope of challenging the top 2 but they look well clear of the field.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

8 hours ago, Magic XIII said:

But you bring up 'full time ' as if it's the sole criteria to win games. Quality is surely first and foremost.

Correct, but we have seen down the years, Full Time teams  winning games in the last quarter with higher fitness levels.

9 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Some players do seem to plck up more than their fair share of injuries.A break can be better than torn muscles and ligaments but all injuries are frustrating to the players.Fax are looking a decent side holding us to 16-8 with a few decisions not going their way.I have not  seen Toulouse this season but the way we are playing we are too good for most Championship sides and we keep improving as the season goes on.

Yeah we are doing ok, I had us finishing 3rd at the beginning of the season but stupid losses to Oldham and Bradford look like they had put paid to that but at the moment we are giving ourselves a chance. You are right though Fev and Toulouse are without doubt a level or two above the other teams in the Championship and it looks nailed on for those two in the final. The chances of another team causing two upsets on the bounce are pretty slim.

9 hours ago, Magic XIII said:

But you bring up 'full time ' as if it's the sole criteria to win games. Quality is surely first and foremost.

I fully agree with you but the fact that Fev aren’t full time has been used as a stick to beat them with every time promotion is mentioned.

On 30/06/2021 at 13:51, The Blues Ox said:

Im just wondering what the thinking is behind so many people backing a Widnes win against Fax. We are in pretty good form and conceding an average of just over 8 points a game over out last 8 games, Widnes will need to play a blinder to pull off the win.

Fax gave Fev their stiffest test so far, although Widnes were no pushover.  Hard to forecast.  Should be a tight game,

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

I thought we would win because you struggled against Swinton at home but i never thought it would be that easy.

Our first game at PL will be vs Tolouse probably (if it goes through which is in doubt). They will hit 80 on us.

Archived