Sat 3rd - Sun 4th Jul: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

4 hours ago, Fevrover said:

I thought we would win because you struggled against Swinton at home but i never thought it would be that easy.

No surprise from me whatsoever 

We have little quality, rapidly diminishing identity, no permanent home (and I don't believe Plough Lane will happen), no fans (various reasons but ridiculous child pricing is my personal beef) and no immediate real future plans. 

My prediction - Hughes will pull the plug at the end of the season and we will be a very part time project that may or may not continue in 2022

I'll keep going probably (by myself) or at least buying the stream. I'm expecting to be a Skolars fan only soon.... Or maybe Bears - they aren't that far really

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Spidey said:
Bloody grass pitches 🤬😜😜

Pretty sure that's a paddy field growing rice they've got there. Glad I decided not to trek up to Halifax today. There's some nice arty pictures showing the stand reflected in the lake though.

Widnes 12-0 up at the Shay after 13 minutes

Bradford 24 Batley 0, Dewsbury 18-4 up v Sheffield and Whitehaven 18 Swinton 6 at HT.

Couple of minutes to half time  Newcastle winning 12-2 at York, 

York Knights currently getting smashed by Newcastle Thunder 2 - 22

Thunder scoring twice in the first 5 mins of the 2nd half

Has James Ford been found out at the higher level or has he lost a bit of interest after not getting the Castleford job

6 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

York Knights currently getting smashed by Newcastle Thunder 2 - 22

Thunder scoring twice in the first 5 mins of the 2nd half

Has James Ford been found out at the higher level or has he lost a bit of interest after not getting the Castleford job

What higher level? This is the same level they finished 3rd in in 2019. I think York’s poor form is more down to not having any halves and the ex-SL players they signed to kick them on were largely poor signings. 

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Halifax 6 Widnes 16 HT.  With seconds left in the half, Halifax conceded a penalty for offside at the kick-off (don't recall ever seeing a penalty for that) and Tyrer converted from the halfway spot.

2 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

What higher level? This is the same level they finished 3rd in in 2019. I think York’s poor form is more down to not having any halves and the ex-SL players they signed to kick them on were largely poor signings. 

Flourished in League 1 but IMO he’s flattered to deceive since gaining promotion

York in again, long crossfield kick after Kirmond was held up, hint of a knock on but Sam Scott the recipient and touches down

Game has turned on its head in the last 10 minutes

York 20 - 22 Thunder

17 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

Flourished in League 1 but IMO he’s flattered to deceive since gaining promotion

He finished 3rd one season after being promoted!

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

York benefit from an unforced error by Newcastle, slick left to right passing gets Whitely over right on the corner with an amazing finish.

York 26 - 28 Newcastle

90 seconds left on the clock

Where and why has it all gone wrong at York this season?

After today's results, only Swinton and Oldham - surely most people's pre-season favourites to go down - stand between York and the relegation zone.

What have the (presumably restricted) crowds been like at the new stadium?

5 minutes ago, Hopping Mad said:

Where and why has it all gone wrong at York this season?

After today's results, only Swinton and Oldham - surely most people's pre-season favourites to go down - stand between York and the relegation zone.

What have the (presumably restricted) crowds been like at the new stadium?

It's not just this season, they've carried on where they left off in 2020. 

Archived