Sun 4th Jul: SL: St Helens v Wigan Warriors KO 19:30 (TV)

Who will win?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/07/21 at 19:00

4 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

He is really good actually SPOT ON:)

Paul

PS/A mate in Perpignan has a tattoo removal business I can ask for a nice discount :))))

I had a tattoo removed from my shoulder, it hurt like hell, I wouldn’t want to have my neck done.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Padge said:

The only positive Wigan can take from this is nobody got sunburn.

Someone might still drown, though.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

11 minutes ago, Mark S said:

If Lam goes who is there to take over? Wane can’t do it as he will be focusing on England. 

Appreciate that there is lots more to coaching than motivation but if I was a Wigan fan, I’d be hoping that Wane would have some involvement and looking for Sean O’Loughlin in the meantime. Nothing to lose IMHO

3 minutes ago, Padge said:

But if you read the actual law, which coaches do, and point out what it says then you have what we now have.

The basic laws of the game will have to be re-written to make you happy.

The rules have not changed Padge.

I don't want them to be rewritten  either.

The issue is downward pressure. Finger flopping  and up to the ' Bunker ' is not my style

Touch down clean and clear or get on with it.  It's a simple invasion sport we have. Win the line , cross it  and celebrate.... sorry ....wait for the video   ....

9 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

And still your answer is wrong!

when the shoulder charge was banned there was absolutely no mention of ‘not wrapping the arms around the ball carrier’ as a definition of a shoulder charge, none!!

No you are the one who is still wrong. Try reading all the Disciplinary minutes etc. Try listening to the explanations given by the referees

1 minute ago, del capo said:

The rules have not changed Padge.

I don't want them to be rewritten  either.

The issue is downward pressure. Finger flopping  and up to the ' Bunker ' is not my style

Touch down clean and clear or get on with it.  It's a simple invasion sport we have. Win the line , cross it  and celebrate.... sorry ....wait for the video   ....

Grounding is clearly defined, how much pressure is not, you want the amount of pressure defined and that cannot be measured without taking scientific instrument on the field.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

12 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

And still your answer is wrong!

when the shoulder charge was banned there was absolutely no mention of ‘not wrapping the arms around the ball carrier’ as a definition of a shoulder charge, none!!

1 minute ago, LeeF said:

No you are the one who is still wrong. Try reading all the Disciplinary minutes etc. Try listening to the explanations given by the referees

I think you are both right. I don't think 'not wrapping the arms' is in the laws of the game.

But it is in the interpretation we have placed on it. Not untypical of Rugby League to try and make things complicated to follow.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

As improvised kicks by non-kickers go, Farrell's effort was bloody good. The backspin made it sit up in the worst possible place for St Helens.

Shame that Wigan piddled the advantage away with a penalty immediately afterwards.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lam needs to learn that when he said I am an attack entertainment type of coach that he needs to earn the ability to do that on good defense.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

I think you are both right. I don't think 'not wrapping the arms' is in the laws of the game.

But it is in the interpretation we have placed on it. Not untypical of Rugby League to try and make things complicated to follow.

Are you sure its not mentioned in the rules, as I seem to remember it being part of the interpretation when it was first brought in.

1 minute ago, The Blues Ox said:

I watched Fax V Widnes today in similar conditions and to say this is meant to be two top teams, its been rubbish in comparison and an awful advert for SL.

Your mistake is you thought it was two top teams...

Well Saints deserved that, Wigan deserved that. 

The game was settled in the first half. It looked impossible to play rugby in the second so a damp squib of a second half not a surprise.

Probably the most pleasing factor was our discipline. It would have been easy to react to provocation but we did that through tough defence rather than actions that would risk a place at Wembley.

Not the result I wanted.

Less of a beating than I feared.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, dkw said:

Are you sure its not mentioned in the rules, as I seem to remember it being part of the interpretation when it was first brought in.

It may be there, I have tried to find it but couldn't. 

As I posted earlier, one of the indicators of a shoulder charge (in the NRL law book) is an arm by the side. But there is a fair bit in between 'arm by the side' and 'not wrapping'.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 minutes ago, dkw said:

Interpretations drift in and drift out, never rely on the Laws of the Game to give you a definitive as you will never find it. 

Archived