Sun 4th Jul: SL: St Helens v Wigan Warriors KO 19:30 (TV)

Who will win?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/07/21 at 19:00

36 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

Exactly the point I was making!

Good luck to the outside backs, halves and even second towers who have to open their bodies up to a  rampaging Jason Tamalola, ball securely tucked under his arm and leading with his shoulder into the collision 

Or those who stand about 5'-10" when confronting a 6'-3+" tall ball carrier, head and shoulder in a direct collision height.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Saint Toppy said:

Well for those defending Wigan players the disciplinary verdicts are in, 2 Cautions (Kai-Perce Paul & Harry Smith) and a 2 match ban for Isa.

No problem with the first 2, what did Isa get the ban for? Moronically going into a prone, injured player or what he got binned for?

On 04/07/2021 at 20:10, Hela Wigmen said:

Didn’t we outlaw players trying to milk penalties like that?

If officials did start penalising players you would hope that it would cut out the cheating. But that could open another Pandora’s box and inside of that is a steaming ###### 💩

On 04/07/2021 at 20:16, Spidey said:

Coote likes staying down doesn’t he 😳

I agree i don’t like seeing people go down like that, i would’ve played on. How often does Coote go down in a game pretending to be hurt ?. 

On 04/07/2021 at 20:20, Jinking Jimmy said:

Coote stays down “injured” and then back on his feet seconds later to attempt the penalty. The game is going soft and cheats like him don’t help.

You’re right JJ it’s health & safety gone mad, the RFL HQ finally showing a bit of interest in the player’s safety.

It’s all these do-gooders and lefty’s. I can’t even say “im prowd 2 b Inglish an i get frone into jail”. 

On 04/07/2021 at 20:32, Cheshire Setter said:

Sean Long looks and sounds like a character from The Fast Show. I think he’s a bit nervous in front of the cameras.

I always think of Long as the puppet off Spitting Image with the huge eye. 

15 hours ago, dkw said:

No problem with the first 2, what did Isa get the ban for? Moronically going into a prone, injured player or what he got binned for?

The ban was for the spear tackle

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

24 minutes ago, dkw said:

So nothing for deliberately targeting an injured player? Thats ridiculous.

He wasn’t injured as such, just catching his breath and he was in the way. He was quick enough to stand up grab isa’s shirt afterwards. I don’t think it was as bad as some made out 

3 hours ago, Spidey said:

He wasn’t injured as such, just catching his breath and he was in the way. He was quick enough to stand up grab isa’s shirt afterwards. I don’t think it was as bad as some made out 

Wow, and Isa knew all that just by looking at him? Thats impressive, should get him in the NHS immediately.

18 minutes ago, dkw said:

Wow, and Isa knew all that just by looking at him? Thats impressive, should get him in the NHS immediately.

I really don’t think it’s as bad as being made out. Percival didn’t make much of an effort to get out of the way, by his reaction to Isa he was more than capable.  I don’t mind the penalty being given but just don’t get the rage about it

7 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I really don’t think it’s as bad as being made out. Percival didn’t make much of an effort to get out of the way, by his reaction to Isa he was more than capable.  I don’t mind the penalty being given but just don’t get the rage about it

Oh come one, thats just ridiculous. 

40 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Percival was winded in the previous tackle. He reeled out of the tackle holding his chest and stayed on the floor to try and get his breath back. He was out of the way of the PTB, hence why the ref never stopped play, it was all about Isa being a complete numpty deliberately running at Percival while he was on the floor in a pathetic attempt to try and get a penalty. He could clearly see Percival was injured but he chose to run over him anyway. But thats just typical of the complete grub of a player that Isa is. 

14 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Percival was winded in the previous tackle. He reeled out of the tackle holding his chest and stayed on the floor to try and get his breath back. He was out of the way of the PTB, hence why the ref never stopped play, it was all about Isa being a complete numpty deliberately running at Percival while he was on the floor in a pathetic attempt to try and get a penalty. He could clearly see Percival was injured but he chose to run over him anyway. But thats just typical of the complete grub of a player that Isa is. 

There so many at Saints faking injuries at the moment - it’s hard to know which are the real ones

The Isa and Percival incident wasn't particularly dangerous or foul play necessarily.  What it was though was utterly embarrassing.  I was watching the match on my own which is a good job as if I had been watching it with friends who aren't big Rugby League fans I would have hung my head... a pathetic attempt to try and con a penalty.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

The Isa and Percival incident wasn't particularly dangerous or foul play necessarily.  What it was though was utterly embarrassing.  I was watching the match on my own which is a good job as if I had been watching it with friends who aren't big Rugby League fans I would have hung my head... a pathetic attempt to try and con a penalty.

It was dangerous though, he had no idea why Percival was in the position he was, but it was obvious that he wasnt right. He could easily have had a neck/back injury, running into him on purpose could have caused a lot of damage. We sin bin players who hit a player passing the ball late as they are not set to take the hit, this was no different, actually worse if anything. 

9 minutes ago, dkw said:

It was dangerous though, he had no idea why Percival was in the position he was, but it was obvious that he wasnt right. He could easily have had a neck/back injury, running into him on purpose could have caused a lot of damage. We sin bin players who hit a player passing the ball late as they are not set to take the hit, this was no different, actually worse if anything. 

Yes, I think that is fair.

In retrospect is wasn't dangerous as Percival wasn't injured but Isa didn't know that and simply decided to collide with a player because he felt he could win a penalty.

I am glad it didn't result in injury or make an injury worse.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

8 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Yes, I think that is fair.

In retrospect is wasn't dangerous as Percival wasn't injured but Isa didn't know that and simply decided to collide with a player because he felt he could win a penalty.

I am glad it didn't result in injury or make an injury worse.

He wasn't injured per-se he was just winded in the previous tackle and stayed down to try and get his breath back. I guess if it was near the Saints line he could have done a 'King' and got up, run back into the defensive line and then collapsed like he'd been shot by a sniper to get the game stopped 😉

Archived