Thur 1st Jul: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Leigh Centurions KO 19:45

Who will win?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Leigh Centurions

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/07/21 at 19:15

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Patx71 said:

Hope us Leythers put up a good show, but after our last 2 heavy defeats I can see an understrength Leeds winning by 20.

Not sure if we have a half ack available yet ? 🙁

How weak are the Leighthers? With a decent strength team they would have an ok chance against the Leeds squad - although that said the Leeds pack, one of the best in the league, is mostly intact.

1 minute ago, M j M said:

How weak are the Leighthers? With a decent strength team they would have an ok chance against the Leeds squad - although that said the Leeds pack, one of the best in the league, is mostly intact.

Lost Reynolds to injury and might be losing Mellor at disciplinary , leaving us with no HBs , packwise hopefully more than one prop 

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Lost Reynolds to injury and might be losing Mellor at disciplinary , leaving us with no HBs , packwise hopefully more than one prop 

Mellor didn't get a ban, so hopefully him and Wildie in the halves with Peats interchange 9. 

Mellor and Brierley at Half back surely.

Tierney can play FB.

Would fancy Leigh at the LSV, but still Leeds by 20 although Headingley was always one of my favourite playing surfaces to play on. Depends if Leigh have some self belief or not !

14 hours ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

Watching the England V Germany game, saw a man wearing a Leigh shirt on TV.... could be a sign, Leigh to win?

That depends. Was he an English or German supporter? 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

8 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

Tierney can play FB.

Would fancy Leigh at the LSV, but still Leeds by 20 although Headingley was always one of my favourite playing surfaces to play on. Depends if Leigh have some self belief or not !

I'd rather us keep Brierley at FB and Tierney on the wing(if fit) than shuffle multiple players around.  

8 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

Tierney can play FB.

No leave Brierley at Full Back, I was one of the big doubters about him playing FB but he has probably been the highlight of the season so far, who thought he would make all those last ditch try saving tackles he has pulled of and even ran Reagan Grace down when in space, as for Tierney at FB I doubt he has tfe nounce to join the offensive line properly.

15 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

No leave Brierley at Full Back, I was one of the big doubters about him playing FB but he has probably been the highlight of the season so far, who thought he would make all those last ditch try saving tackles he has pulled of and even ran Reagan Grace down when in space, as for Tierney at FB I doubt he has tfe nounce to join the offensive line properly.

Brierley to 6, Tierney/Mullen to 1. Wildies lack of pace would get exposed at 6, alternately Peats to 7 

34 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Leythers MJ, 

Yeah I knew it didn't look right when I posted it 😳

As for this game it depends how the teams cope with lack of players. Focussing on Leeds, they look set to have a new half back partnership again - and if Rob Lui plays it will be the first time this year so hard to expect much from him. Leeds haven't won without Gale all year which is not coincidence.

A lot for Leeds also depends on how knackered Oledzki and Prior are in their third game in 6 days. In the named team they are the key pack players.

I'd be very disappointed if Leeds lost this - but also wouldn't be at all surprised.

We have been struggling for Middles but it looks like we might have 4 playing which is a huge leap from the single one we have had for a number of weeks. Might get a decent game out of Peteru with being ex Leeds, for a big man he really doesn’t like the physical stuff so far

Archived