Thur 1st Jul: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Leigh Centurions KO 19:45

Who will win?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Leigh Centurions

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/07/21 at 19:15

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 29/06/2021 at 17:45, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Leeds are decimated by Covid and injuries, for many of their players it’ll be the 3rd game in 6 days, but they will still be far too strong for the Championship club Leigh. Leeds by 30 points.

11 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Just love someone who makes a statement then doesn't have the conviction to back himself up, I doubt I would get the 30 points start from the bookies that you are predicting Leigh would need.

In what way would I not back it up? I do my betting at the bookies not on forums. I predicted Leeds would win by 30 points. Leeds 48-18 Leigh. I make that 30 points.

14 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

In what way would I not back it up? I do my betting at the bookies not on forums. I predicted Leeds would win by 30 points. Leeds 48-18 Leigh. I make that 30 points.

So how much did you win ?

3 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

That's what happens when you don't have any props 

have to agree with the previous comment that when they get into a good attacking part of the pitch they can carve out chances.  They have a weak set of forwards hence they rarely made it into those positions except on the back of penalties.

Talking about penalties Leigh seem to me to have gave quite a few in the 2nd half making it even harder.

One thing... they never gave up and kept pitching in but unfortunately gifted Leeds easy territory from which Lui capitalised in his first game back,

11 minutes ago, lucky 7 said:

That is a bad loss to a Leeds team hit hard by covid and injuries. Leigh need to win at least 3 games not to be relegated and at the moment i can't see that happening

Hopefully at some point before the end of the season Leigh will have enough players fit enough to put together a week's worth of realistic training , that hopefully means we can put out a competitive team with enough players of the correct type in each position , when that happens we might win a game or two , until that happens we will most likely continue to lose 

11 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Well done Sir, your prediction was correct I always give credit where it is due.

I did not think that there would be 30 points difference in the scores, I know Leigh can score tries, but I also know only to well that the defence is as strong as a wet toilet tissue especially on any edge that Junior Sa'u is supposedly guarding, he is probably the worst organised defensive centre I have ever watched in over 50 years. The Leeds team battered us down the middle and were just to quick in both thought and over the ground on the edges, but I didn't think they would have scored as many as they did.

Injuries and suspensions could have done Mr Agar both a world of good and also given him quite a headache on team selection, some very good talented youngsters coming through.

10 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

You had as many props as Leeds had

Objection M'lud.

Rephrased Leigh had no big lads that could compete with Leeds big lads, considering that there are no scrums (irrespective of contested or not) in SL there is no need for those who used to be called 'props', hookers, second rows or loose forwards, we just have big or bigger human beings who once used to be out of open play for a while when the scrum was formed.

Archived