Thur 1st Jul: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Leigh Centurions KO 19:45

Who will win?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Leigh Centurions

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/07/21 at 19:15

Leeds have got one of the best set of forwards in the League IMO, if we can retain Prior and Holroyd and Oledski keep progressing at the rate they are we could end up with one hell of a pack.

King Vuniyayawa is also turning into an astute signing I think we’ll extend his contract (and rightly so IMO).

Its been a rollercoaster few years at Leeds but we’re finally starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel, I expect us to maybe scrape into the playoffs but with a bit of luck with injuries and a couple of good signings (Im hearing Sezer is likely) we could be back up challenging next year.

The retention of Prior is a priority though, he is one hell of a player

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Leeds Rhinos play in SL.

Yes that is exactly what I am referring to, his performances are far far more dominant in SL than they were in the NRL over the last few seasons, would I be correct in saying he finds himself over here by becoming surplus to requirement by the NRL clubs.

But yes, he is one hell of a player..................in SL.

8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes that is exactly what I am referring to, his performances are far far more dominant in SL than they were in the NRL over the last few seasons, would I be correct in saying he finds himself over here by becoming surplus to requirement by the NRL clubs.

So what, he plays in the SL not the NRL.

Is your point that the NRL has better players in it? It’s hardly an earth shattering hot take is it.

The NRL and the SL do not operate in the same sporting landscape in their respective countries, the NRL is one of if not the dominant sport in the country, this will automatically mean they will get better players playing in that competition.

18 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

He played Origin in 2018,at 34 maybe Leeds offered him more money and/or a longer contract.

Just to compound a thoroughly bad night for Us , Brierley had to undergo an emergency operation on his eye last night as a result of an accidental boot hitting him when he was trying to stop the last try by Leeds , looking at the pictures he ain't playing RL for a few weeks 

When it rains , it pours 🙁

13 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Just to compound a thoroughly bad night for Us , Brierley had to undergo an emergency operation on his eye last night as a result of an accidental boot hitting him when he was trying to stop the last try by Leeds , looking at the pictures he ain't playing RL for a few weeks 

Eye injuries are one of the things that make me shudder and those pictures are unpleasant viewing.

4 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Definitely wasn’t a boot…

C7BB806B-DB79-4BBA-AF15-9C52136E12A3.jpeg

Ryan was not a player we needed cover for, this just compounds the situation we have at Leigh, I doubt there was any different plan of running with what we had for this season in the hope that a "no relegation" instruction from the league would be our saviour, if I am correct we may as well keep the lid locked and firmly shut on the savings tin. See who gets picked off from other SL clubs to go with Mason and Thornley then start all over again, again.

6 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

That is what you call an 'Illegal fend' !!!

He might as well as just punched him in the face! Even though some of it is obviously accidental, that technique isn't. In fact, its bloody shocking !

You think any of that was intentional? Come of it, there's no way on earth you can think that from one picture.

17 minutes ago, dkw said:

You think any of that was intentional? Come of it, there's no way on earth you can think that from one picture.

Agree , the game was over , no reason to think " I'll hurt Brierley " , it's a split second incident , probably ' palmed ' Ryan and as he pushed the fingers catch his eye , I'd certainly like to think that 

No way was it intentional 

young kid running through to score his first try after a great game, last thing in his mind would be to gouge brierly in the eyes, a nasty unfortunate accident.

having watched the game again I think Thompson will be in a bit of bother, he was very lucky not to have injured Dwyer, he moved the ball into the other hand then led with the elbow

7 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Agree , the game was over , no reason to think " I'll hurt Brierley " , it's a split second incident , probably ' palmed ' Ryan and as he pushed the fingers catch his eye , I'd certainly like to think that 

I do not think there was any intention by Holdroyd whatsover to hurt the opponent, in fact I would say if Holdroyd knew such an injury would occur he would have elected to take the tackle than risk the possibility of blinding someone.

7 hours ago, dkw said:

I said it was obviously accidental, but obviously not with a palm of his hand. His hand was clenched. 

Andy Farrell broke my nose with a perfectly legal hand off. Didn't feel a thing but I woke up with 2 black eyes the following morning. No surgery required though! 

30 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

I said it was obviously accidental, but obviously not with a palm of his hand. His hand was clenched. 

So you do think there was intent?

3 hours ago, dkw said:

So you do think there was intent?

I wouldn’t say it was intentional, but by the same token I don’t think his hand is necessarily formed in a natural position to hand a player off. I’d probably pitch it as careless rather than reckless. 

Archived