West Wales raiders

town2018

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always play your strongest team , keep the momentum going , keep working on improving and gelling as a team and put the foot down to put on a big score . It could matter at the end 

Got to put as strong a team as possible out and try to rack up the points.

If Donny win at Barrow then all 3 of us will have the same record of 7 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss. Points difference could be very important by end of the season.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

2 minutes ago, Onreport said:

Caine got 1 match for yellow card at Barrow, not sure how a shoulder charge warrants higher disciplinary sanction  than a head shot but there you go!

I guess the upside is this is the game if you’re gonna get a match ban 

1 hour ago, Onreport said:

Caine got 1 match for yellow card at Barrow, not sure how a shoulder charge warrants higher disciplinary sanction  than a head shot but there you go!

That’s crazy. Walne had at least 3 head shots any of which he could have been binned for and he gets nothing even though he’s obviously got a seriously dodgy tackling technique. 

Play the strongest team possible is my view but I think Chris will have to make a few changes due to injuries picked up , Jake looked in a lot of pain on Sunday and Gabe I feel will be rested, commentator said Perry had torn his calf muscle on Saturday in training and not sure if Stevie is right and Caine has received a 1 match ban for his sin binning so think some of the young squad players will be drafted in , I'm sure who ever comes in will do a great job tho .UTT

Don't think Chris will be to pleased about Caine's ban  . Jamie gets knocked flat on his back from a high tackle .and does the Barrow player get punished  NO . I look at the Disciplinary every week  . Dangerous contact 0 match  ban . Does the word Dangerous not mean out . I've watch Super league matches and seen Spear tackles high shots .punches you name it  and apart from an odd few it doesn't get to the disciplinary meeting . But If a Town player does out . You know they are getting banned .   Is the Barrow coach on the committee strange we have played them twice this season,  one a friendly  and 3 of our players have received bans . Just a thought . 

Exactly Silverfox, Caine gets a 1 match ban and Walne nothing for far worse…just like in the friendly when we had 2 players banned for nothing! In super league they get away with worse every week, the system stinks, but I’ve been saying that since 1996.  In the Wigan v Warrington match, a Warrington player was “timed out” for taking too long to receive treatment on the pitch, yet Fui received treatment for a cut head for 7 minutes ON the pitch in the Rochdale game. So…. do we all play under the same rules???

Squad on the our league app is

barnes,

bickerdyke

brown

brown

Clark

dawson

doran

fitzsimmons

forber

goulding

henson

holroyd

marwood

moore

o brien

o donnell

o Leary

Thomson

wilson

young

Only 20 on there but hopefully the other one is Wellington or could be struggling for centres. 

Good luck today lads. Everybody  probably be going  expecting a cricket score(going on form). Obviously we are going to score tries, I would like to see our defence not concede today, that would make me more happy than  score 40 or 50 points(although settle with both though lol) think Brad  for 4 tries today, might see couple fresh faces today? 

37 minutes ago, David69 said:

Good luck today lads. Everybody  probably be going  expecting a cricket score(going on form). Obviously we are going to score tries, I would like to see our defence not concede today, that would make me more happy than  score 40 or 50 points(although settle with both though lol) think Brad  for 4 tries today, might see couple fresh faces today? 

Agree marra,two points no more injuries and a good performance will do me ,utt

It’s not likely going to be a day for throwing the ball about without making  a few mistakes, and we don’t really have the size to steamroller up the middle, so I’ll take a good performance, as many points as we can get and no injuries. UTT

Archived