Mamo signs for Castleford

Should be fun for Tigers fans.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Told you last night!

Up yours 😁

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I wonder how he'll perform under Radford?   From what we've seen this season though, Cas fans must be happy. They haven't had much to shout about, and now they have a cup final and a top player for next season.

10 hours ago, Liverpool Rover said:

I would have thought that he would have been one that Powell would have wanted Warrington to keep.

Money often talks but I wouldn't have thought he'd be on a really low wage at Warrington and that Castleford would be offering ridiculously more but who knows.

12 hours ago, DavidM said:

Good signing . Did Wire not want him ?

Not enough to give him a regular starting place which is what he wants. In his interview he said he told Price  he wanted to play centre but they then chose to sign Inglis. At that point Mamo probably realised he was only ever seen as a bit part player at Wire to cover for injuries, so you can fully understand why he doesn't want to stay.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

I like Mamo, but I have no issue with him moving on, particularly if he can get a first 13 gig somewhere else. 

His stock has risen recently, but he isn't the best centre around, but he is a useful squad member. 

Good luck to him at Cas. 

1 hour ago, Damien said:

Money often talks but I wouldn't have thought he'd be on a really low wage at Warrington and that Castleford would be offering ridiculously more but who knows.

he was definitely a cheap squad filler, on a 3 yr deal when we signed him in 2019 after mitch brown retired (remember mitch brown playing for us? )

1 minute ago, Barry Badrinath said:

he was definitely a cheap squad filler, on a 3 yr deal when we signed him in 2019 after mitch brown retired (remember mitch brown playing for us? )

I made that point on the Bullock thread a few weeks ago. Cheap squad fillers become hard to keep if they hit a bit of form and show a bit of potential. What was once a cheap squad filler is worth more to another club than he is to you.

2 hours ago, daz39 said:

Question is, does Powell want him for Cas or not want him for Wire? bit of a strange one considering the coaching situation next year.

Radford wants him at Cas.

Powell tried to sign him Cas when he went to Wire I believe, so wouldnt have thought he didnt want him in the squad but maybe just prefers King and Matuitia as starting centres.

Archived