McShane signs 3 year extension at Cas

27 minutes ago, snapski said:

Good news for a change. Probably could have chased the cash at a so called big club. 

Or more likely no one else was willing to give him a big contract all the way until he is 35 years of age perhaps?

1 hour ago, DoubleD said:

Or more likely no one else was willing to give him a big contract all the way until he is 35 years of age perhaps?

he was already signed for 2022, Cas have actually increased his deal for next year as well as the extension. Why would a club not want to keep a player on the top form of his career?

17 minutes ago, voteronniegibbs said:

he was already signed for 2022, Cas have actually increased his deal for next year as well as the extension. Why would a club not want to keep a player on the top form of his career?

No one would have an issue with wanting him when’s he’s on the top form of his career; my point is some clubs would baulk at offering a big contract to a player on a length of term until the age of 35

19 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

No one would have an issue with wanting him when’s he’s on the top form of his career; my point is some clubs would baulk at offering a big contract to a player on a length of term until the age of 35

yes chap, that's a fair point. He's certainly earning his corn, I can see him being on the coaching staff in 3 years time.

Good for Cas, securing his signature.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

27 minutes ago, voteronniegibbs said:

yes chap, that's a fair point. He's certainly earning his corn, I can see him being on the coaching staff in 3 years time.

Yes I think he’s got a lot to offer in a coaching capacity 

Archived