FEV lose another one !!!!!!!!!!

These lads are being offered SL now. If they do what Oxy says the offer may not then be on the table from SL, as those clubs may have done most of their shopping by then. I don't blame these players for doing what they're doing, it just makes it much, much harder for Championship clubs if and when they make it to SL.

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

These lads not fancying the chances of Fev getting in SL? You would think if theres that much interest they could just sign a new contract at Fev with SL money but a get out if they were not to win promotion.

TBO bottom line is it doesn't really matter what a player  thinks of FEV's chances of getting into SL if your are offered a copper-bottomed SL contract  half way through a season you have to take it  but  having said I'm sure ALL the FEV players think they are good enough to beat TO 

In any walk of life it is better to expierence something than to reject it, there are thousands and thousands who have sat back years after the event and said to themselves "What If" why did I not do that when I was offered the chance. 

Frankie Halton is right to accept the opportunity, he has proven himself a very capable Championship player, if it doesn't work out for him at HKR he can always return, if he doesn't give it a go he may just regret it in future years in a "What If" moment.

11 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

In any walk of life it is better to expierence something than to reject it, there are thousands and thousands who have sat back years after the event and said to themselves "What If" why did I not do that when I was offered the chance. 

Frankie Halton is right to accept the opportunity, he has proven himself a very capable Championship player, if it doesn't work out for him at HKR he can always return, if he doesn't give it a go he may just regret it in future years in a "What If" moment.

All  true H when we signed him stories came out about him starting  off at leigh but that he  fell out of love with the game and walked away  a mate got him to play with leigh miners signed for  swinton then FEV

The best thing about this story H  is he has only played 34 games in the championship  and only 11 at FEV in a top team but his  performances this year have got him a SL contract

I wonder where would Frankie be now if he hadn't  supposedly lost his love of the game

This is what happens when you build a squad which can compete in SL, but then you either don't make into SL or you get relegated (even if its the best season by a relegated club ever)...

When we (London) got relegated in 2019 our squad was decimated with all our best players pinched by SL teams.  You saw the shambles of what London was left with yesterday. No offence but our 2018 / 2019 team would have beaten Fev easily yesterday. 

Unless you are a Toronto type owner who will pay 3 times SL salaries  to keep the best players in the Championship, your best players are going to go to the established SL teams considering RL is a dying sport with an ever shrinking pool of players.

37 minutes ago, crashmon said:

This is what happens when you build a squad which can compete in SL, but then you either don't make into SL or you get relegated (even if its the best season by a relegated club ever)...

When we (London) got relegated in 2019 our squad was decimated with all our best players pinched by SL teams.  You saw the shambles of what London was left with yesterday. No offence but our 2018 / 2019 team would have beaten Fev easily yesterday. 

Unless you are a Toronto type owner who will pay 3 times SL salaries  to keep the best players in the Championship, your best players are going to go to the established SL teams considering RL is a dying sport with an ever shrinking pool of players.

I very much doubt your 2018 team would have won, never mind easily, tbh. 

our 2019 team was pretty much our 2018 team with maybe one or two extra players.  So our 2018 team won 10 SL games pretty much in 2019

Lets see if next Season if Fev get promoted (and I think you will), you guys win 10 SL games 😛

53 minutes ago, crashmon said:

our 2019 team was pretty much our 2018 team with maybe one or two extra players.  So our 2018 team won 10 SL games pretty much in 2019

Lets see if next Season if Fev get promoted (and I think you will), you guys win 10 SL games 😛

Fev's 2018 team finished 1 point behind London in the league so with a few additions maybe they'd have done just as well in SL as London in 2019..........and I can assure you Fev's 2018 team isn't as good as this season's. 

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Very well put.

1 hour ago, crashmon said:

We won't get promoted the RL will see to that,they want Toulouse up and don't want 3 teams from WMDC in SL.

6 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Another Leigh academy product in SL, very disappointed our recruitment ignores these lads, Holroyd at Workington is another I rate- one game for us scores and never seen again

Watched both of them at Crosfields.  Glad they’re doing well, like you surprised Leigh let them go

3 hours ago, crashmon said:

Not all SL teams win 10 games never mind Fev IF they go up.

Whoever wins the champ GF will go up, and that is likely IMHO to be FEV. I was not having a go at Fev at all this year, but the London team of today are light years away from our 2018 / 2019 squad. Its like comparing Chelsea with Barnet.

I still expect Tolouse to potentially get up as well, I would lay odds on at least one if not two SL teams goin bankrupt in next 2 years.

As for us (London). If we still are around as a team in 2022 I will see that as a success. I think we complete the season, but after that I have grave concerns on the future.

2 hours ago, POR said:

All  true H when we signed him stories came out about him starting  off at leigh but that he  fell out of love with the game and walked away  a mate got him to play with leigh miners signed for  swinton then FEV

The best thing about this story H  is he has only played 34 games in the championship  and only 11 at FEV in a top team but his  performances this year have got him a SL contract

I wonder where would Frankie be now if he hadn't  supposedly lost his love of the game

Maybe his time out, and reconsideration, was part of what made him the person and player he is today.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

54 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Or you could put both up and everyone will be happy.  4 more full houses in UK and two more in France. 

For me this is the perfect opportunity to really re-asses Super League, the tv deal and say we'll start to grow the league and hope they'll increase the spend for each year. 

I'd get SL up to 16 teams without relegation over the next four years, giving everybody the chance to start planning for the future. No excuses there-after. 

Bradford, Featherstone, Halifax, Newcastle, Toulouse Widnes & York could be in with a shot. The game needs a fresh spark.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

1 minute ago, Chris Taylor said:

For me this is the perfect opportunity to really re-asses Super League, the tv deal and say we'll start to grow the league and hope they'll increase the spend for each year. 

I'd get SL up to 16 teams without relegation over the next four years, giving everybody the chance to start planning for the future. No excuses there-after. 

Bradford, Featherstone, Halifax, Newcastle, Toulouse Widnes & York could be in with a shot. The game needs a fresh spark.

Not enough Money in the game for 16 teams in a full time Super League, and not enough of a talented player pool.   You would need to go back to PT for that

45 minutes ago, crashmon said:

Not enough Money in the game for 16 teams in a full time Super League, and not enough of a talented player pool.   You would need to go back to PT for that

In life if you want or need something you worked harder to afford it. Nothing is impossible, in RL if it’s not given on a plate with minimum effort then it’s impossible

44 minutes ago, crashmon said:

I genuinely disagree about the lack of money, I think there's most certainly enough to go round. 

In regards player pool, this is why I was suggesting that a team wouldn't go down until there was 16 teams. It gives teams the chance to:

a) build youth infastructures

b) give them an opportunity. 

Anway - just my thoughts. It'll never happen. It'll only decrease in number of teams.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

58 minutes ago, crashmon said:

As one London fan said it is the quality of players not whether they are full time that matters 

Archived