Miracle workers at Castleford

So, after forfeiting their game against top side St Helens due to being unable to field a side last week, Castleford have named this squad to take on lowly, depleted Huddersfield who are again struggling to field a side.

1. Niall Evalds
2. Derrell Olpherts
3. Peter Mata’utia
4. Michael Shenton
6. Jake Trueman
7. Danny Richardson
8. Liam Watts
9. Paul McShane
10. Grant Millington
11. Oliver Holmes
13. Adam Milner
14. Nathan Massey
15. George Griffin
17. Alex Foster
19. Tyla Hepi
20. James Clare
22. Daniel Smith
24. Suaia Matagi
25. Jordan Turner
26. Lewis Bienek
31. Gareth O’Brien

Now they've either got miracle medical workers in Castleford or they've pulled a fast one to help their win %, personally i think it's a bit of sh*t trick to pull but i'm probably in the minority.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Now they've either got miracle medical workers in Castleford or they've pulled a fast one to help their win %...

Cas's win % went down as a result of the 24-0.

Of course, they would have most likely lost the game anyway - maybe by more than 24 points - but playing Hudds without having to have played Saints first will be easier.

9 minutes ago, dboy said:

Cas's win % went down as a result of the 24-0.

Of course, they would have most likely lost the game anyway - maybe by more than 24 points - but playing Hudds without having to have played Saints first will be easier.

That's what i meant, surely playing a team who are genuinely struggling to get players fit and low on form and confidence, and with now 'rested' players will be an easier proposition than playing them a few days after playing a harder game against a top side and risk having knocks and injuries etc.

Yes it's sour grapes too but i find it all a little bit uncomfortable and it makes a mockery of the game really especially if there's just the clubs word on these things.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Daz39 - I think you're entitled to voice this opinion without it being dismissed as sour grapes.

Whether Cas were right or wrong to cancel, the effect of that cancellation is worthy of discussion and even criticism.

1 hour ago, daz39 said:

So, after forfeiting their game against top side St Helens due to being unable to field a side last week, Castleford have named this squad to take on lowly, depleted Huddersfield who are again struggling to field a side.

1. Niall Evalds
2. Derrell Olpherts
3. Peter Mata’utia
4. Michael Shenton
6. Jake Trueman
7. Danny Richardson
8. Liam Watts
9. Paul McShane
10. Grant Millington
11. Oliver Holmes
13. Adam Milner
14. Nathan Massey
15. George Griffin
17. Alex Foster
19. Tyla Hepi
20. James Clare
22. Daniel Smith
24. Suaia Matagi
25. Jordan Turner
26. Lewis Bienek
31. Gareth O’Brien

Now they've either got miracle medical workers in Castleford or they've pulled a fast one to help their win %, personally i think it's a bit of sh*t trick to pull but i'm probably in the minority.

Absolutely everyone knew what it was 

Never mind the 24 point loss. How about a massive fine for teams that do it

1 hour ago, daz39 said:

1. Niall Evalds
2. Derrell Olpherts
3. Peter Mata’utia
4. Michael Shenton
6. Jake Trueman
7. Danny Richardson
8. Liam Watts
9. Paul McShane
10. Grant Millington
11. Oliver Holmes
13. Adam Milner
14. Nathan Massey
15. George Griffin
17. Alex Foster
19. Tyla Hepi
20. James Clare
22. Daniel Smith
24. Suaia Matagi
25. Jordan Turner
26. Lewis Bienek
31. Gareth O’Brien

Disgraceful, Cas should be given a points deduction and a fine 

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

It makes a mockery of the whole competition,but you  can't really blame them if they can get away with it.

Yes you can blame them because it’s tihshousery and cheating however they can and will get away with it due to the shambolic organisation of the game which is the larger issue!

Nope as they would have fancied their chances of beating Leigh or Salford, clearly they didn't fancy the Saints game, I don't think that's fair to us as we now have to face a virtual and rested full strength Cas side with all our injury and Covid problems rather than one that's come off the back of a gruel against Saints.

Castleford took the hit of a 24-0 loss, fair enough.  Salford and Leeds were a bit more cunning and just took a couple of rest weeks/postponements.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

11 minutes ago, dkw said:

And now Huddersfield have pulled out as they can't raise a team.....irony.....

Quite right too, whats good for the goose and all that...The governing bodies have made it a ridiculous situation, although i doubt of the 22 we have unavailable 90% would be available next week.

Maybe games should just be forfeited regardless of cause?  This tactical ploy and now the ###### for tat stuff is getting crazy.

swear filter alert!   breast for tat then.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

It's a poor do really, and they had the nerve to whine about not getting an elite academy license too!

We've had to struggle on despite half of our team being tested positive for covid and not being able to train for 2 weeks, we've lost an almost entire spine of the team through injuries and have struggled to name even a 19 man squad 48 hours prior to the game.

Yet Castleford take the absolute ###### by basically throwing a game they're expecting to lose by in order to give their players a week off.

It stinks to be honest, but we know the powers that be will just let it go.

Didn't Salford get fined for doing the same?

They should be made to forfeit their next game 24-0 too for taking the ######.

Archived