Miracle workers at Castleford

5 minutes ago, dboy said:

And yet all these all return for the game v Giants...I don't buy it, neither did the RFL = 24-0.

Peter Mata’utia

Michael Shenton

Jake Trueman

Paul McShane

Grant Millington

Oliver Holmes

Alex Foster

Suaia Matagi

Jordan Turner

Gareth O’Brien

Even if the above all had broken legs, they would have had a 24 v 0 result logged against them.

The RFL decision was not an allegation of conspiracy.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, dboy said:

Cas's win % went down as a result of the 24-0.

Of course, they would have most likely lost the game anyway - maybe by more than 24 points - but playing Hudds without having to have played Saints first will be easier.

Disgusting this….My club Barrow have invested heavily on gaining promotion this term & have lots of strike players missing especially in the centres & at the worst possible time as we play the next top 3 clubs back to back, But we solider on during this crunch part of the season which could easily derail our quest, I feel for HUdds who now face a rested fresh Cas, How is this fair? 

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Even if the above all had broken legs, they would have had a 24 v 0 result logged against them.

The RFL decision was not an allegation of conspiracy.

Where have you read that I think it is?

Of course, this cancellation (and all the other), is now referred to the compliance unit and there may be charges brought.

50 minutes ago, mickmike wilson said:

Disgusting this….My club Barrow have invested heavily on gaining promotion this term & have lots of strike players missing especially in the centres & at the worst possible time as we play the next top 3 clubs back to back, But we solider on during this crunch part of the season which could easily derail our quest, I feel for HUdds who now face a rested fresh Cas, How is this fair? 

Hudds have stood down.  Keep up.

Cas may not now get a game in before Wembley!

According to the Giants, the only option we had was to play many of the academy team which, having played on Saturday was deemed a player welfare issue, we then had the positive Covid tests and track and trace which then ruled out up to 20 members of both the academy and senior squad.

The season is becoming a farce!

33 minutes ago, LeeF said:

With the added bonus of you not being cup tied 

I do look remarkably like Greg Inglis. Hope nobody noticed those sneaky games I played for Wire. Don't think I looked too much off the pace.

1 hour ago, dboy said:

Hudds have stood down.  Keep up.

Cas may not now get a game in before Wembley!

Maybe you SL clubs should man up like the lower leagues, We’re not crying off with a fraction of the resources available to us 😬

1 hour ago, mickmike wilson said:

Maybe you SL clubs should man up like the lower leagues, We’re not crying off with a fraction of the resources available to us 😬

Why have you directed that at me??

2 hours ago, Scubby said:

I do look remarkably like Greg Inglis. Hope nobody noticed those sneaky games I played for Wire. Don't think I looked too much off the pace.

There seems to be a certain similarity, I'll grant you that...

Shortness of Breath Coronavirus - Symptoms of COVID-19

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

On 04/07/2021 at 22:27, Damien said:

A 24-0 loss being awarded doesn't seem much of a deterrent to put teams off doing this. 

why should it be when there not going to win super league and with leigh in the league there not getting relegated. 

8 hours ago, paul hicks said:

why should it be when there not going to win super league and with leigh in the league there not getting relegated. 

I don't understand the relevance in the slightest. Teams should fulfil fixtures no matter where they are in the table.

1 hour ago, Damien said:

I don't understand the relevance in the slightest. Teams should fulfil fixtures no matter where they are in the table.

Exactly. Teams not fullfilling fixtures sets a dangerous precident. It's absolutely the worst thing any club can do. Think about the amount of revenue lost when a game doesn't go ahead. Imagine a scenario where a team gets relegated on points difference due 24-0 scorelines. Anyone involved in a club that forfeits a game without a very good reason should hang their heads in shame. 

Fulfilling fixtures is a condition of membership of the RFL, and failure to do so is misconduct and can/will be punished.

Points deductions, 24-0 walkovers, fines, removal from the league are all potential sanctions.

Obviously there is always context - covid excepted, running out of players is not an excuse.

26 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

Exactly. Teams not fullfilling fixtures sets a dangerous precident. It's absolutely the worst thing any club can do. Think about the amount of revenue lost when a game doesn't go ahead. Imagine a scenario where a team gets relegated on points difference due 24-0 scorelines. Anyone involved in a club that forfeits a game without a very good reason should hang their heads in shame. 

The absolute extreme , but in theory Leigh could get 20 points from cancelled games , and stay in SL 😉

Except as I pointed out everybody always finds enough players to play us , even if they then complain it was a massively injury hit team that beat us 

🤔

What is the basis for a 24 v 0 result for not fulfilling a fixture? Maybe this should be more if it is meant to be a form of punishment. 24 v 0 doesn't really harm your PD too much and teams lose by more than 24 pretty regularly anyway. 

Maybe 60 nil would be slightly better?

How many games have we had 'cancelled' now - is it Cas, Hudds and we had Salford last season? Any others?

17 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

There seems to be a certain similarity, I'll grant you that...

Shortness of Breath Coronavirus - Symptoms of COVID-19

Thats not him... wheres the mug? 

2 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

While i agree with the point you're making, this is a year with a massively congested fixture list which is not allowing for some bumps and niggles to get sorted in a short turn around.. are we really suggesting that we should be putting out injured players to potentially damage themselves more? Do we not have a duty of care to the players not to do this?

16 minutes ago, RP London said:

While i agree with the point you're making, this is a year with a massively congested fixture list which is not allowing for some bumps and niggles to get sorted in a short turn around.. are we really suggesting that we should be putting out injured players to potentially damage themselves more? Do we not have a duty of care to the players not to do this?

Which is why I said without good reason. Clubs are exploiting the issues for their own benefit. Are we suggesting that some Super League clubs can't raise 17 players? All the clubs in Super League wanted this schedule (why didn't they scrap loop fixtures?) so they should have the squad and relevant contingencies to cope with it. 

Archived