fixtures

roughyed1064

3 hours ago, ChampagneCharlieReturns said:

There is no escape this season not being funny but we are gone. Would need probably 5 wins now to survive and can't see where they will come from, trying to be as optimistic as possible but also realistic too unfortunately. Roughyeds ⬇️ league one barring a miracle 

Spot on there, think us and Swinton have gone. Don't know what will happen next year, as we will have to find a ground and with cut funding the future is not so rosey. I have tried to stay positive but can't.

If we have pro rugby in oldham next year it will be a bonus.

The main reason for being so down is, we sack the coach, ch gives a Churchill speech to the players and there is still no new coach.

No new game plan, no new structure, no notice of intent and it follows zero confidence 😢

In my mind we've been going down since the Haven game. To capitulate like that in the second half was a disgrace. And then our response to that loss has been just as awful. 

5 wins would give us a chance of staying up but I can't see us winning another game.  The results today just show how much the other teams fight for every result. Even Swinton who haven't won a game turn up most weeks and are in with a chance of victory. 

Whoever is the new coach has to be someone who can bring us up from League One next season.

I'm old enough to remember season 1969/70 when we also finished next to bottom, one place above Blackpool Borough, having only won one game all season.

But, the difference between now and 50 years ago is that the following season (1971) there was a complete change of club management i.e. a new Committee, the appointment of a great coach, Graham Starkey, and the quality signings of Frank Foster and Cliff Hill.

There was a big 'investment for the future'. As a result. the turnaround in our fortunes from 1971 onwards was remarkable. But, arguably, the biggest reasons for success after the disaster of 1969/70 was that we still had our own beloved ground at Watersheddings i.e. a solid base on which to build a sense of 'belonging' and our success both on and off the field brought back the enthusiastic, income-generating, crowds 

Sadly for us, the reality is that 50 years later we are now 'nomads'. We no longer have a ground to call our own and success, if any, in League 1 won't bring back big crowds together with the subsequent finances to enable us to 'invest in the future' as we did half a century ago.

In my opinion, our future does indeed look bleak.  I really hope I am wrong. 

Sadly, like I have said on previous posts the future of our great club is nearing its end.

I feel the blame for our demise began with Batty and Quinn then compounded by the total despotic attitude of Hamilton.

RIP Oldham Rugby League Football Club.

The future is worse, because the base that was at Whitebank has gone, so in really terms we have no offices no ground no assets and only debit.

We have a group of players low on confidence, and our leader sacks the head coach and its clear from the lack of progress on the new coach that his decision to sack the head coach was either a headline grabber or a spur of the moment decision. That to me isn't leadership, if you sack your head coach you make sure you have plan B C or D in place first, then it is a seamless transition to the new leadership.

My own interest in RL generally is at an all time low 

All we have to do is beat 'Haven, Swinton and Sheffield away, pinch a win against Bulls or Broncos and then stuff Thunder at home on the penultimate weekend.  Then it's Hawaiian Shirt day at Rams again with no pressure.

Easy.

6 hours ago, tandle said:

hi clifford totally agree with your comments. but can you tell me and others what as gone on with whitebank

because no ground means no oldham rlfc.    

I don't know but I do know that the office/porta cabin isn't oldham rugby's. Avro have improved their off field hospitality. Anthony Crolla's gym is the old club house.

Oldham's is presumably a room in Mr Hamiltons gaff.

If we go down we are groundless

Moderation note - Please do not publish people home addresses.  

1 post removed.  

Thank you.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

5 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Moderation note - Please do not publish people home addresses.  

1 post removed.  

Thank you.  

this address is stated as the head office of oldham rlfc at companies house for all to see whats your problem

9 minutes ago, tandle said:

this address is stated as the head office of oldham rlfc at companies house for all to see whats your problem

Companies House have permission (and all relevant GDPR), we do not.

Thank you.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Moderation note - Please do not post personal info.

Please take it as a final warning.  Members will be banned if they repeatedly fail to listen to moderation advice.  

Archived