Oh well, on to next week

RogerT

Disappointed with this weeks result, could only go on Radio Leeds commentary, so can't comment on the game.

Another tough fixture next week, Toulouse at home.

I have just got my great granddaughters going to the matches, I don't know if I want to expose them to the perceived drubbing.

15 hours ago, RogerT said:

Disappointed with this weeks result, could only go on Radio Leeds commentary, so can't comment on the game.

Another tough fixture next week, Toulouse at home.

I have just got my great granddaughters going to the matches, I don't know if I want to expose them to the perceived drubbing.

We got hammered by Toulouse Roger, yet the football that they played was a pleasure to watch; I would recommend it. There is a lot more to the sport than simply the result, something that we have all had to learn over many years of ups and downs.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Batley Bob said:

Just been on for tickets for Grandaughter and friends. There are no options for where to stand/ sit ?? 

Just 3 options. Adult ,Concession,  Junior. ?? Then prices.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

8 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

No predictions then?

I think we will come 2nd against TO in the Rugby League.

and 2nd in the footy. 0-2.

I hope we score at least a try in the Rugby match , and keep them under 40. 

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Am looking forward to a decent game with plenty a skills involved,maybe some biff n bash,am sure our boys will be showing why its a tough place to come to again up at the mount, a nice pint a tommos will do too, UP THE DOGGIES.

as for later in the day, a sterling effort will do and 2-1 to us. my mate had £50 on italy from start at a very decent price too.

Looking forward to it and hope we can give them a game for 60 mins

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Thought we played exceptionally well, they are an extremely good side, that was relentless. Credit to our defence, I really thought our game would follow the pattern of several of TO's games with them running points in for fun in the last 20 mins. Well played lads.

4 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

Both went well, Edwards looks a bit special, he looks quite strong and has bags of pace.

Cheers. Yeah the hype around Edwards has been there for years, back to his Batley boys days, everything he's done in our system so far has backed it up, pleased they both went well, against arguably, the championships best team 

I had great respect for our players before today, but that was another level! We were absolutely battered but stood toe to toe with them, in what was an outstanding performance and a good game to boot. They were undoubtedly the better team but what an effort from the dogs, who should have in front at half time 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Hope we get a few back, no disrespect to the massive effort of yesterday, for some reason or another we had almost a full 13 missing; Hall, Campbell, Buchanan, Broughton, Sanderson (not been on teamsheet at NWC for 2 weeks, injured?),Tonks. Kaye, Blagborough, Senior, Rettie, Flynn, Horn (why isn't he getting a start?). Just a centre and a scrum half and that's a starting 13. VERY important game this one, we need 2 points desperately.

38 minutes ago, phildog said:

Hope we get a few back, no disrespect to the massive effort of yesterday, for some reason or another we had almost a full 13 missing; Hall, Campbell, Buchanan, Broughton, Sanderson (not been on teamsheet at NWC for 2 weeks, injured?),Tonks. Kaye, Blagborough, Senior, Rettie, Flynn, Horn (why isn't he getting a start?). Just a centre and a scrum half and that's a starting 13. VERY important game this one, we need 2 points desperately.

Flynn played

Archived